Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

simonbelmont74

Member

02-01-2013

my biggest problem in all of this now hippalus and ames is that in going on 25 different posts in 2 different threads neither one of you has uttered the word "sorry" or apologized for messing this whole thing up so badly. i've seen explanations and rationales but not one apology from anybody from Riot for turning this whole thing into such a mess. is this a legal/liability issue?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Highborne

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
That is a good idea, I might just do that.

When they change the pricing structure for bundles I'll just demand I get all my money back for every champ in the bundle because I own all of them.

I will link this post and they have no leg to stand on, thus they must refund all the RP for all those champs, minus the cost of the skin and other bonuses. So I should get back around 3400 or so. Likely this should make the Goth Annie skin end up being cheaper than 975 anyways since they shot themselves in the foot.
Quoting myself, I am going to do this, I have a bunch of RP to spare and I want to see what happens.

Will post results.

Should be good for some laughs and facepalms on Riot's part. Or maybe they'll smarten up and quit being ridiculous with this situation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Yum View Post
You're missing the point. When a store advertises a sale on a product in a catalog, you can expect to go into the store and purchase that product at the reduced price. But if you go into the store and the manager says "sorry, we decided not to put that product on sale after all" then you'd be pretty pissed off. You were counting on them to keep their word. That kind of thing is illegal.
Ok so let's play your game. You get a catalog that has a sale that says it will go on for 3 weeks starting next week. .. Next week (the day before the sale starts), you get a letter informing you that the sale is no longer going to be planned and they apologize for it. The sale never started. You went to another retailer and bought a bunch of gift cards for the store in prep for that sale. Whose fault is it that you now have a ton of gift cards for that store and there won't be a sale? Certainly not the store's fault. The proper thing to do is purchase what you wanted when the sale/release/etc occurs. Not days/weeks/etc prior. Things happen, plans change, issues arise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbelmont74 View Post
my biggest problem in all of this now hippalus and ames is that in going on 25 different posts in 2 different threads neither one of you has uttered the word "sorry" or apologized for messing this whole thing up so badly. i've seen explanations and rationales but not one apology from anybody from Riot for turning this whole thing into such a mess. is this a legal/liability issue?
I'll even accept a link to the South Park BP Oil Spill parody.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebojsa3 View Post
I want skin but I dont agree with your decision. Bundles should stay as they are now. But on the other hand.... you already reduced price on "rune page bundle" for short time. So why not milk money when people calm down quite quick.

Bundles should be cheapest way to buy something, but this statement no longer stands since September 2012:
7 rune page bundle = 2600RP,
8 rune pages (on sale) = 2360RP.
Why should they stay the same? Their current bundle setup is incredibly antiquated and hearing that they are updating it is the best news I've heard in ages.
Bundles should be value purchases, but they simply aren't currently outside of extremely specific circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLo View Post
Sivir is probably going to get a redesign in the near future and I'm pretty sure a similar situation is going to occur with Huntress Sivir ROFL.
Changes to the bundle system will effect Huntress Sivir in the exact same way, so...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbelmont74 View Post
my biggest problem in all of this now hippalus and ames is that in going on 25 different posts in 2 different threads neither one of you has uttered the word "sorry" or apologized for messing this whole thing up so badly. i've seen explanations and rationales but not one apology from anybody from Riot for turning this whole thing into such a mess. is this a legal/liability issue?
It almost could be.
But despite how upset I am, I do still like Riot and their game. I wouldn't really want to see them have to go to court and deal with this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenolithium

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
I'll even accept a link to the South Park BP Oil Spill parody.
What do they have to apologize to you for? You got what you wanted.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolithium View Post
What do they have to apologize to you for? You got what you wanted.
Going back on their word about an exclusive skin being exclusive. It's not going to be exclusive anymore, it's going to become the next Frostfire Annie or Foxfire Ahri, everybody and their grandma has it and it's everywhere. Not that they're bad skins, but it's nice to have something different from the standard, which was incentive for me to buy the bundle with Goth Annie in the first place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLo

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Ok so let's play your game. You get a catalog that has a sale that says it will go on for 3 weeks starting next week. .. Next week (the day before the sale starts), you get a letter informing you that the sale is no longer going to be planned and they apologize for it. The sale never started. You went to another retailer and bought a bunch of gift cards for the store in prep for that sale. Whose fault is it that you now have a ton of gift cards for that store and there won't be a sale? Certainly not the store's fault. The proper thing to do is purchase what you wanted when the sale/release/etc occurs. Not days/weeks/etc prior. Things happen, plans change, issues arise.
It's obviously the stores fault...Are you that clueless? You can seek punitive damages.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Metagame

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
court
Oh for crying out loud.