Why remove the MP regen from Nasher's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zidaryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Hey there.

Was just wondering if someone could explain the logic behind taking the mana regen off of Nasher's tooth. I can understand them wanting to change the Fiendish Codex and how it works. But why not put the mp as part of the build for Nasher's?

Nasher's filled a niche roll in my opinion. It gives good dose of atk speed, a bit of ap, a bit of cdr, and a bit of mp/5. For this reason Nasher's works great on ADC champs who would like a bit of mana regen and have an ap skill but don't want to have to sacrifice a slot for an underpowerd or completely different item from the ADC atk speed build they're doing.

The items left that have mp or mp/5 for that an ADC MIGHT build are:
Manamune: too much of an investment if you don't need that much mp or mp/5 for not enough atk spd.
Blessing of the Elder Lizzard (name?): Sure it's got hp/5 and mp/5 in a nice item with some atk damage. But this item is underwhelming in the atk dmg area and is suited for junglers/ bruisers not ADCs that want a bit of atk dmg and a lot of atk spd.

I know I may not know much, but could someone please explain to my why the did this?

My Response to what you've said

Quote:
The one I used to use it on was Trist. Her E has 1:1 ap ratio for the damage over time. The atk speed was the bomb, the MP/5 let me actually use her Q more often and the rest of her abilities as well. Instead of having to be a miser with them so that I would have mana available for when I needed them. Also the cdr was useful.

Also I understand the idea of using mp pots, but two probs.
1. Your bleeding money out to pay for them.
2. They DO take up an item slot, not permanently, but they DO take one up.

Acanthus

02-01-2013

You forgot that Blessing of the Elder Lizard deals true damage over time with auto-attacks and all non-DoT skills.

hollowtek

02-01-2013

simple: indirect nerf to kayle. She's quite literally one of the only champs that use it, and this was to curb her sustain a bit.

FreeGothitelle

02-01-2013

I heard mana pots give mana to ADCs
Just a rumour.
They also don't cause you to waste item slots on AP items (like really, no crit on nashor's makes it worthless for an adc).

Yuan Shikai

02-01-2013

Nashor's Tooth was NEVER a good choice on ANY adc and was a waste of money on them.

If you run out of mana on adc's too fast, buy a few mana pots, there is ltierally NEVER a good reason to buy an item with mana regen on an adc (exception being manamune on adc jayce) because it will always weaken your progress in an actual damaging build.

Peligrad

02-01-2013

Nashor's is a problematic item for building.

There are just too many conflicting stats on it.

CDR and AS don't work well together
AP and AS don't usually work well together
Half the champs in the game don't have mana, so mana regen is a waste.

So by removing a secondary stat and lowering the price. It makes this items a better option for more champions...

AuMG Vanir

02-01-2013

And the fact that kayle could rush it and gain a huge lead because she needed one item.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

So now, it's slightly weaker on all the champions that would consider it to make it a better option to...whom? If you don't mind my asking...

I liked seeing Codex get a little cheaper, that early 10% CDR is core to my Brand and Lux builds, but that MP5 is also pretty important.

AuMG Vanir

02-01-2013

who wants nashors besides kayle or teemo

nashors was good on kayle
just as malady was good on teemo

so they nerfed the item
because noone else is affected majorly its not like a core item was nerfed.

JustMyBassCannon

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanír View Post
who wants nashors besides kayle or teemo
Orianna, some Skarner players, and Phailraptor preaches the word of Nashor's Lux.