Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReŠ Square

01-31-2013

People also build him as a glass cannon and then wonder why late game he is useless.... thats why people have a warped sense that he falls of super hard late... I have been maining shaco all pre-season and with the right build he is a late game split pushing monster....

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/402607

again i do think shaco is borderline OP but this nerf is going to hit him in the wrong way!

Noraver

01-31-2013

On-topic; The nerfs were needed. At higher ELO he was a nuisance, and this simply helps deal with him. I think it'll put him in a good spot now.

Off-topic: Morello, I don't mean to de-rail the thread or anything.. But could you mind posting in mine while you're not answering these questions? Would be greatly appreciated.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3067369

Sabunn

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSuoLize View Post
Gosh you're ignorant. Watch the video closely stupid.
"With the season 3 leashing changes to the jungle made it so that shaco's jack in the boxes could effectively tank the monsters for him and really buffed his jungle. while shaco is all about those early game ganks but we think that he can still be great at that without being completely out of control like he is now."

READ! honestly you cannot be this stubborn

Morello

Lead Designer

01-31-2013
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDraco4011 View Post
What about pink wards? Buy these every time you go to lane and you have an instant heads up on shaco making him pretty impossible to gank with. Even watching high elo streams people tend not to buy pink wards even though they effectively remove shaco from the game.
You're over-valuing the stealth here to an extent, because a 500-range instant teleport with that cooldown, alone, is one of the most powerful abilities in League. Add stealth, and well...

Gorsz

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabunn View Post
"With the season 3 leashing changes to the jungle made it so that shaco's jack in the boxes could effectively tank the monsters for him and really buffed his jungle. while shaco is all about those early game ganks but we think that he can still be great at that without being completely out of control like he is now."

READ! honestly you cannot be this stubborn

He really is.

He is delusional or hes just a really good troll. Im leaning more toward delusional though.

Super Explosion

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You're over-valuing the stealth here to an extent, because a 500-range instant teleport with that cooldown, alone, is one of the most powerful abilities in League. Add stealth, and well...
Morello.

Why not modify the ability to be more useful lategame and less annoying earlygame?

Why not make its use more visible in the fog of war?

Or let damage drop the stealth but give him damage reduction?

Or make it blind enemies on use?

Come on here, a straight nerf is probably just going to make everything to do with him less fun.

shppy

01-31-2013

Quote:
He teleports and slows you so fast you can't react. The team with Shaco can zone the enemy all they want unless he shows because of how lightning-fast his gank is - wards do nothing effective against in many cases. The Deceive range nerf is to give you another ~1 second to react to it, and hopefully do something to better your position.

He also split-pushes like a monster, so even late-game he has strong use in coordinated teams.

Shaco should be a ganker, but there's a volume level that's appropriate

finally, i'm glad someone actually gets it. But i gotta say, i still don't understand the sense in him having an on-hit slow, and i don't understand why that pbe change was reverted immediately. How is it not enough for him to have the two-shiv active on top of an insanely strong ganking tool like deceive? Especially when a good Shaco also has a fear to throw into his ganks too?

Honestly, i would have preferred for him to lose the two shiv passive slow (and have it replaced by that partial blind on non-champs or whatever), keep the active slow, up the magnitude on it a bit (+10% at all levels), and maybe make it interact with his passive to extend the duration by a second or something if he backstabs them with it.

I mean, Deceive has always irritated me and struck me as imbalanced, but it is understandably part of his style, so whatever. But that two shiv passive just isn't. I genuinely just don't see a reason he should have it.

epaR sbooN

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
He really is.

He is delusional or hes just a really good troll. Im leaning more toward delusional though.
champ-mains are never stopping they are going full re-tard about their waifus which they even suck at playing most of the times

Sabunn

01-31-2013

Quote:
its like a ezreal e..,, with stealth. and people have been begging for ezreal nerfs for months. its quite funny actually

Rhadeonyc

01-31-2013

OK so from what i read here the purpose of this champ is to gank at early game (i know the Q nerf was needed) and push at late game since is like the only thing he can do right since he suck for most of the team fights so we are stuck with a champ that at the end will force my team to play a 4v5 because i have to push because im usseless for team fights and after the team fight ends ill come and pick up the kills by myself right? this is ridiculous i main this champ from the very first time i played this game and i refuse to play a champ wich only roll will be gank and push lanes so ty Morello and team u guys succefully make of shaco a more hight risk champion