Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilzorz

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z The Great1578 View Post
Riot should make it purchasable to prove a point. It's their game, they can do what they want, and these people who are so mad will keep paying and playing, I guarantee.
They could, i dunno, not put it up for sale, to prove a point. THe point that they stand by their word when something is sold as "exclusive".

I also guarantee that the people QQing about them pulling the sale will also keep paying and playing.

SplendidSorrow

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorz View Post
They could, i dunno, not put it up for sale, to prove a point. THe point that they stand by their word when something is sold as "exclusive".

I also guarantee that the people QQing about them pulling the sale will also keep paying and playing.
The word "Exclusive" in marketing does not mean what you think it means...

Evilzorz

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
The word "Exclusive" in marketing does not mean what you think it means...
It does in legal terms, especially when money changes hands....ask Apple/Samsung for a recent example.

Rivini

01-31-2013

Quote:
Riot. You obviously arent going to take my word for it, so do some googling yourself. But i assure you, RIOT said it was exclusive to the bundle, which is what most people are pissed about.
You need lessons in trolling.

When stores sell merchandise, they word item descriptions however they feel will net them sales, regardless of the vender. Riot didn't visit Shattered Crystal and tell them what to write in the descriptions. Furthermore, why would Riot only have 3rd party outlets provide more details than their own store? Go to the PVP.net store and you'll see a lack of any "exclusive" remarks for it, let alone any description at all.

You could argue that "Collector's" signifies it as exclusive, but then you would need to explain Huntress Sivir. The bundle she's in is called "Gamer's Choice Pack." Where are the supposed "exclusivity" rights?

Also, you know the "only on Xbox" stamps they put on Xbox/360 games? Those don't solidify exclusivity. Some Xbox/360 exclusive games have lost their exclusivity despite the stamp.

SplendidSorrow

01-31-2013

Quote:
It does in legal terms, especially when money changes hands....ask Apple/Samsung for a recent example.
In marketing and advertising it does not mean "IT WILL ONLY EVER BE AVAILABLE HERE". I point you to "Exclusive" DLC with many games these days that are not actually exclusive DLC's but time released ones that are entirely advertised as Exclusive DLC.

I point you to Exclusive interviews which generally means 'First'...not only place you'll see an interview about X topic.

NauFirefox

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katasumai View Post
1) No one QQ'd the first time that the Goth Annie skin was up for purchase before her VU went into effect.
2) Make all the assumptions you want, I'm a 23 year old male who graduated 3 years of college with 3 degrees who works and has money.
3) You fail to see the actual issue that Riot stated they were going to put it out for sale for the public and even lead up to it creating a ton of people preparing to make a purchase for the Goth Annie skin, thus by making another statement saying they weren't going to go through with it really just ruined it for a lot of people who had been excited.
This has nothing to do with people who got it before they made this statement and I bet you anything the majority of the people who did buy that starter pack got it for the main fact of 20 champions to play with. The bonus on the side you got extra RP and a Skin, theres no way in any right mind anyone would of bought it for the skin only. The skin was a bonus and has been up for sale before. The difference in comparison of Judgement Kayle and Gothic Annie is that Judgement Kayle wasn't up for purchase nor will it ever be making it a Limited Edition skin to those who played during/through Season 1. Gothic Annie is just a bonus skin plus there were various other Starter Packs that gave you different Skins making not just Annie's skin special to the Starter Pack.

Every time you open your mouth you sound more and more like a teenager yourself. Please bring facts to the debate table instead of stupidity.
You are exactly right on the dot, not to mention this skin has been re-released before, and no-one complained.

Lethminite

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
My understanding is that you plan to fix bundles to not suck for people who've played enough to own most of the stuff.
And once that's through, people will be able to get goth annie in the improved bundle so that it's still bundle exclusive while also not being completely overpriced if you own everything else.

Is that correct?

SugàrFreeMints

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katasumai View Post
1) No one QQ'd the first time that the Goth Annie skin was up for purchase before her VU went into effect.
2) Make all the assumptions you want, I'm a 23 year old male who graduated 3 years of college with 3 degrees who works and has money.
3) You fail to see the actual issue that Riot stated they were going to put it out for sale for the public and even lead up to it creating a ton of people preparing to make a purchase for the Goth Annie skin, thus by making another statement saying they weren't going to go through with it really just ruined it for a lot of people who had been excited.
This has nothing to do with people who got it before they made this statement and I bet you anything the majority of the people who did buy that starter pack got it for the main fact of 20 champions to play with. The bonus on the side you got extra RP and a Skin, theres no way in any right mind anyone would of bought it for the skin only. The skin was a bonus and has been up for sale before. The difference in comparison of Judgement Kayle and Gothic Annie is that Judgement Kayle wasn't up for purchase nor will it ever be making it a Limited Edition skin to those who played during/through Season 1. Gothic Annie is just a bonus skin plus there were various other Starter Packs that gave you different Skins making not just Annie's skin special to the Starter Pack.

Every time you open your mouth you sound more and more like a teenager yourself. Please bring facts to the debate table instead of stupidity.
1) before the VU being announced there's no sale for this Goth Annie Skin and it keep exclusive for the bundle
2) I'm 27 year old male with master degree who owns a company with 200 workers and i think i have more money than you (atleast i wouldn't whining to buy 1 skin for $30 lol) as you said you're free to make assumpsions
3) You failed to see what the owner of the CE bundle concern for this matter.. Yes i didn't bought the bundle for the skin but the skin was one of my good reason to bought it because it's EXCLUSIVE.. try to search what the exclusive means..
4) if it's just a bonus skin why you want it soooo badddly? lol..
5) well being a teenager at my age is a complement, thank you at least i'm not a kid like you lol...

Clubbems

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
I've never downvoted a red before.

Froboy09

01-31-2013

wow i was looking forward to get Goth Annie as well but now, this is not cool