How do people feel about ranged ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caecus Scius

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
But what if ADC's are what they are best with?
Better for you to have to play something you are not as good at, than force others to do that. Its a matter of good behavior and being polite not to ruin a game. Not to say that you have to play the meta- and you can never play a 'troll' pick- but you should at least consider that you may be wasting 30 minutes of 2 other people's lives that they will never get back.

Once in a while an ADC is on my team and its fun- but I will say that ALL of the most horrible and awful, frustrating and disappointing games were ussualy because someone played an adc and fed their darius or some assassin- and we couldn't come back. If I had to break down different ADC's as a tier I would say this. ristTr

Teir 1-
Ashe- Good slow, great ult, and a built in vision
Caitlyn- a decent escape, free persistent wards in way- closure of an ult
Ez- Very fast and mobile with a global ult to finish
Nidalee- traps and good movement with good poke

Teir 2-
MF- Good dmg, and a decent aoe slow, but little escape
Kog- A good slow, good dmg to health stackers, and his passive often catches whole teams, but no real escape presence
Trist- Decent escape, and good range but not enough team pressence. Wall jumping is limited
Corki- Decent team fight ability and good escapes, but can be easy to gank since lanes are long and his one ability is short.

Teir 3- They simply lack a good escape mechanism and thus if ever pushed very far up (which they will since they zone the lane) they get ganked and killed. all the good they did pushing the lane and getting cs, is negated by feeding.
Graves
Urgot
Draven
Varus

Teir 4-
TF- that ult can really help, but often the teleport isn't that great because the map is small.
Twitch (unless he is early game fed...) but stealth is countered by everyone building lantern on this map.

There are some characters like kennen and kayle that I don't consider to be traditional ADC's for the purpose of TT since they have different builds.

DarthGooch

01-30-2013

I would add varus to tier 1 or 2. He has an aoe slow just like MF and an ult with good cc as well. Throw in his ability to poke at such a long range he should be at least the same level as MF if not higher.

I think this post can be summed up rather easily. An ADC can definitely work with the right team comp and cooperation. The problem is people auto locking these champs in a blind pick.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGooch View Post
I would add varus to tier 1 or 2. He has an aoe slow just like MF and an ult with good cc as well. Throw in his ability to poke at such a long range he should be at least the same level as MF if not higher.

I think this post can be summed up rather easily. An ADC can definitely work with the right team comp and cooperation. The problem is people auto locking these champs in a blind pick.
Maybe that's the problem. I play mostly blind pick. I did play Miss Fortune last night, and my team chose Xin and some other bruiser and it was an insanely good game. They kept getting into fights with me near by, and I'd just run to a good position and ult their faces off. I know MF has no dash escape, but she does seem to work well on this map, especially with her passive letting her fly from lane to lane so quick.

I've just been getting into Varus lately and I'm really looking forward to trying him on TT.... if I can get to even use him that is. =P

MeditationError

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

I don't think it's nearly as bad as people think, but you do need to play very differently. Positioning feels even more important than on SR - you don't have a teammate or two who's primary job is to keep people off you, so if you get caught you're probably dead.

Don't get caught.

On the other hand, if you do get even a short window to put out damage, it's a big deal. If a bruiser dives past your team to get to you, and you exhaust them, they're going to have a bad time. ADCs are the people who bring the amount of damage you need to get through the kind of bulk that's common on TT. High risk, high reward.

Laning is similar. There are a lot of melee champs who really struggle against ranged harass, and if you make sure someone has a really bad early game, there's much less time on TT for them to farm back in. That applies to the carries too, though. If you give up kills early, it's *really* bad.

PurpleURP

01-31-2013

they work if you have the team to protect them. They combo well with high cc heros like cho, nunu ect.

Kaoticmagic

03-19-2013

If you want an adc on your team...you must have a team built to protect and still do damage. I've played the team on Kog for the earlymiddlgame to endgame dominance with his w, Nidalee for the sight with traps and the attack speed buff even more increasing kogs w, and then the 3rd would use a nunu for the jungle and even more for the bloodboil/mumu for the jungle, epic qganks or escapes, percentage damage just like kogmaw, and an aoe ultimate that allows nid and kog kill or escape/Jarvan jungles, hops big walls provides a good ult as long as he doens't trap anyone...hes a good person to ban if your not gonna get him./Vi jungles but she can only cc 1 person, but a good vi is always scary and usually banned...i have tried a few games with trist with not as much succes as i have had with kog, nid, mumu, and nunu especially..
Now go make your own protect-the-adc and siege the turret without ever teamfighting unless you have poked them enough to easily beat or take an objective like an altar/jungle/vile, or just kill the turret.