Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WlNG ZER0

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ski11zz View Post
If you look @ battlecast cho's trailer, anivia is name along with others which points to a battlecast anivia skin
Been months since that one came out so must have skipped my memory. As long as some sweet particles get included would be stoked, and ty for quick reply man

SlumlordThanatos

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Sorry to hear that - that is disappointing when that happens. Have you actually played with it with the VO lines, animations, etc, or did you look at a screenshot?

I do feel that your view is a great minority here, but that's not much consolation when you're that person :P Though it's true that reworking anything will be met with some unhappiness, I'd just like to minimize that.
I know this was three hours ago, but I wasn't here for it.

He/she isn't the only one to feel this way. Her new splash art looks nice, but I don't feel like it captures Annie's essence. Her old splash still managed to show that innocent, childlike side of her, and I feel her new splash fails to capture that. Now it's just RAWRBURNEVERYTHINGMUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

She may be "The Dark Child", but I feel the new splash is missing out on the whole "Child" part of it.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Yes, it's been a long time and I understand the frustration, there's just not a lot of valuable conversation I can have about it because we basically had to restart the rework about 6 weeks ago. It's moving along very well now though - this is the danger of us telling stuff before it's ready, because the Karma subject is now a larger subject because we didn't manage expectations here.

Things get weird in development sometimes, and cause things to change - it's more painful when we make that more visible though
You guys would have had to restart it more than once for it to feasibly take more than a year.

Ithrowrocksatchi

01-29-2013

Nasus guys, his splash art is outdated, he is underplayed and most just forget about the little pup that can demolish ur team. I say nasus needs a visual upgrade and a rework so people can play him often. And correct me if i am mistaken but didn;t sivir alredy have an upgrade or like a rework?

Kanye Breast

01-29-2013

you know who really needs one? kassadin.

Fluffy Dumplings

01-29-2013

Morello, Morello, tell me a story. =-D

Doowen

01-29-2013

visual reworks or game play reworks go to champions that are played often and bring in money for riot. Champions that aren't played currently look like **** and probably not bring in money are neglected.

SlumlordThanatos

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithrowrocksatchi View Post
Nasus guys, his splash art is outdated, he is underplayed and most just forget about the little pup that can demolish ur team. I say nasus needs a visual upgrade and a rework so people can play him often. And correct me if i am mistaken but didn;t sivir alredy have an upgrade or like a rework?
They made some changes to Sivir, yes. I believe her old W was a toggle instead of a next-attack spell.

Nasus is just outdated in general. I love him (mostly because of his sexy, sexy voice), but he's just...outclassed in every way.

The problem with reworking Nasus is that they'd need a new voice actor (his old one passed away), and it'd be hard to rework Nasus to make him a viable pick again, but keep what makes him Nasus at the same time.

VexTheHex

01-29-2013

Quote:
Eventually. Not in the top 5.
I'm rather shocked Taric is not in the Top 5.

1. One of the most picked champions
2. Giant, triangle feet
3. Lacking or lacks animations for attacks and emotes
4. Unfinished skin, Emerald's breastplate is the wrong color scheme
5. Could use the Ashe arrow color rework for his Fifth Age and Emerald skin

Seeing as Taric's popularity is about 100x that of Sivir's or Sion's, while his model is only a bit better I'm rather shocked he isn't near the top 5. Though as I discussed with another poster one day, I do ponder if you guys are happy with how Taric has turned out. The armor of the fifth age skin and his voice have made him a joke character to a large chunk of the community, while LOL seems to be moving towards a much more serious and "hardcore" theme (Diana, Darius) from the intial goofy style. (Nunu, Zilean) Taric's concept as a gem knight is pretty cool, and I do like how his personality isn't the blandness that is Darius or Garen. However, I do think breaking him a tad bit away from "huehue Taric is prettiest girl" and "Taric bot lane with Ez, what ******s! Taric immune to Ahri charm, hahahaahaha!" junk could be good for him. Though I don't think it's possible to get rid of the rather annoying remarks and memes about Taric without ruining his character.

However, if him not being soon also means something like Recall Animations might spring up and become a thing. Like how Ashe got her rework before those became a thing, so she lacks it. While Katarina, TF, and company do now. So it might be a good thing. :P

Anyway, I'm guessing the 5 at the top of the list are Sion (was mentioned by red back in October), Karma (planned with her kit rework), Master Yi (teased about not long ago), Trundle (been brought up by Reds, though not sure how far along they are on him), and Sivir. (cause her small fanbase is very vocal on forums)

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
18 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
Can you explain why Karma is getting a visual rework? I absolutely LOVE her design and I think her model looks great, so this is really just baffling to me. It seems high-quality. Her art isn't perfect (too purple) but her chinese art for default is amazing, so why does she need a rework?

How much of a change can we expect? Please please don't make her ****ty or sexy or whatever... I love that she looks like a confident regal lady, I don't want "**** n no ribcage" with a stupid pose... pleeesaaassseasepelpalelaslpelpalealse :/

edit- and on her gameplay rework, why can't we have some slight buffs to tide us over and make her slightly more viable? And will she be marketed as a MID instead of this support ****? She's so not a support at the moment, except for a push/kill lane...
Mostly because Karma is one of the most unappealing champions, creatively, to our fans - a lot of our research dudes have looked at this, plus it makes sense. Gal in a monochrome dress is a weak theme that isn't really doing anything.

Since we needed to do a gameplay remake anyway, the art team is on board to update her visuals and thematics also.