Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luscious Lenny

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencarde View Post
who cares about reworked sivir in game model please increase her attack range so i dont get stunned by running into jarvens wall trying to attack someone inside of it
@jarvan yeah, jarvan your not helping

brixor

01-29-2013

what about karma updates =D ?

Daaaaviiid

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I believe so, but not before a lot of the others mentioned. He's older and needs art love, but it's not elephant-feet bad.
best way to describe singes feet lol

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
15 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark6000 View Post
How can you churn out completely new champions every two weeks but take months to rework 1 or 2 old champions?

Sion, Karma, Sivir.....these should be done by now.
Because we don't have to meet current expectations, find the balance between what we need to keep/discard, and do all the skins - reworks actually take significantly more time than new champions.

Additionally, we made a "relaunches team" a few months back, so the results of the increased clip should become more apparent as that stuff gets released.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
16 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuzeus View Post
Can it be the Karma rework, please?

I was so hoping for the rework to be launched around this time. On Friday it will be two years since she came out, and it will be 23(!) months since the last balance changes to her (there were minor bugfixes like a year ago or so).

If it is not Karma, can you please, pretty please, give us an update about the rework? Guinsoo tweeted in December that the rework will not be ready in 2012, and that he hopes to have her ready in January. That's obviously not going to happen, so I think a status update would be in order.

It's so incredibly frustrating with that rework. Every other champion in need of a rework has at least been good at some point (think Heimer), or not been out for that long (Sejuani). Yet the Karma rework goes on for over a year now, while other champions apparently can get a lot more attention in a lot les time (Syndra, for example). No champion has been so consistently unpopular and has had so consistently low win rates, but you don't even give her some minor buffs, or up the base values while cutting AP ratios (in order to not make her OP in mid). Nothing. I really don't want to think that you just don't care, but it gets harder and harder not to do so...

Cheers,
abuzeus
Yes, it's been a long time and I understand the frustration, there's just not a lot of valuable conversation I can have about it because we basically had to restart the rework about 6 weeks ago. It's moving along very well now though - this is the danger of us telling stuff before it's ready, because the Karma subject is now a larger subject because we didn't manage expectations here.

Things get weird in development sometimes, and cause things to change - it's more painful when we make that more visible though

Morello

Lead Designer

01-29-2013
17 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malizio View Post
I'll shorten my post I guess.

Taric is popular. (True)

Taric is in line for a visual rework. True or False?
Eventually. Not in the top 5.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Because we don't have to meet current expectations, find the balance between what we need to keep/discard, and do all the skins - reworks actually take significantly more time than new champions.

Additionally, we made a "relaunches team" a few months back, so the results of the increased clip should become more apparent as that stuff gets released.

Can you explain why Karma is getting a visual rework? I absolutely LOVE her design and I think her model looks great, so this is really just baffling to me. It seems high-quality. Her art isn't perfect (too purple) but her chinese art for default is amazing, so why does she need a rework?

How much of a change can we expect? Please please don't make her ****ty or sexy or whatever... I love that she looks like a confident regal lady, I don't want "**** n no ribcage" with a stupid pose... pleeesaaassseasepelpalelaslpelpalealse :/

edit- and on her gameplay rework, why can't we have some slight buffs to tide us over and make her slightly more viable? And will she be marketed as a MID instead of this support ****? She's so not a support at the moment, except for a push/kill lane...

Enterti

01-29-2013

Hey Morello could you get Lyte into the Player Behavior section sometime soon, there are some really messed up Tribunal results going on right now and I have no idea how to contact him.

iPromi

01-29-2013

Any info about future anivia rework/skin?
She has been one of the oldest champs on the league with very few skins and no touches

TheEnygma

01-29-2013

Quote:
Eventually. Not in the top 5.
aaaaand there go the downvotes. You're just scared because you don't know how to make something fabulous even more so, aren't you?