Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trevels

01-29-2013

Am I the only one around here who think the worst splash arts of all champs are Orianna and Anivia? If you look at Anivia's, to me it just looks extremely sub-par to literally all others. And orianna's is so dull. It in no way matches her in game look. In game she looks shiny and glisteny silver. And then her splash art is a dark, dull, murky grey.

Iridos

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
This rework made me sad. While the old art wasn't great quality, it really worked for Annie thematically. It was cutesy, and Annie was all about being cute while your face melted off.

The new Annie doesn't look cute at all. She is a lot more cruel looking without retaining any of the child qualities. The resulting combination makes her feel nothing like Annie of old. I guess that's a goal with the reworks - to change the feel of the champion - but while I think it improved things for Nidalee and Soraka, it was a change for the worse for Annie.

Since I was never very good with her, I primarily played her because I wanted to play as Annie with her bear Tibbers in Co-op games. Now that motivation is gone.
I massively agree with this post. The visual rework and the voiceover change both contributed to this effect, and I really, really dislike it.

IBastardI

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yi and Sion are definitely on the list (in my mind, Sion is the WORST offender). In this case, how we prioritize has a lot of complexities - specifically for Sion, we also want to fix his gameplay, but we're not doing Sion before we get through Karma, and hopefully Heimer.

So we chose a rework that was art-only. Sivir was a runner-up, but the art team wanted to get Annie done first as it also shows a definition for non-standard age characters in our updated art style - specifically, Annie shows what children look like in League.
what about sivir, her arms and her whole animations look horrible.... at least sion model makes some sense, but sivir animations timing and model look is just the worst.

My list of champs who need a rework by importance:
1) Sivir
2) Sion
3) heim

ps: still after rework nidalee's spears become invisible a lot.....

Pi Griffin

01-29-2013

@Morello

Are there going to any expectations for a Viktor skin soon?

Stark6000

01-29-2013

Quote:
We tend to do that with the relaunches, especially as the splash artists always have tons of work in front of them Hav'ta prioritize!

How can you churn out completely new champions every two weeks but take months to rework 1 or 2 old champions?

Sion, Karma, Sivir.....these should be done by now.

ZyniX69

01-29-2013

Quote:
Visual - I'm not sure. Gameplay definitely, but visual is up in the air because a lot of his charm is his derpiness.
Morello speaking of heimer, why does he have brown hair in his piltover customs splash but black in game? The splash really gives him this great mechanic look but in game he looks like a wannabe Italian.

Aithòs

01-29-2013

Community attacks Morello with questions about Taric....

Morello dodges!

Sorry guys you didn't roll enough hit and he made a great dodge roll

Aithòs

01-29-2013

Although I have to say Taric in his default skin looks awful and I don't like his animations much. Reminds me too much of all the really bad paladin tier sets from WoW...

savov

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Morello I know its annie rework theme but I wondered what did you think when u made champ with 4 dmg abilities 3 of which are on complete reset on assist/kill. Dont you think you should revert one of the skills to being purely utility. And about the ult buffs u guys think about as compensation for the other skills nerfs - pls remember why the old kat was unreliable (which led to underplayed) - too much dmg on ult and not enough on the rest of the kit

p.s. I guess u have some ideas for fixing her snowballness in teamfights but pls think twice before doing it by buffing ult and nerfing other skills

Greencarde

01-29-2013

who cares about reworked sivir in game model please increase her attack range so i dont get stunned by running into jarvens wall trying to attack someone inside of it