Just got unbanned, played my first game, got trolled and reported.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryios

01-29-2013

Isn't it implied that kassadin goes mid?

Phil McGroin

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen Kozuki View Post
He was trolling. In champ select I picked first. Then he selected Kassadin, waited like 20 seconds, and finally locked in. He didn't just autolock as if he wasn't paying attention. He also did not communicate in game when I asked where he was going. The only time he communicated all game was when he told me he was reporting me, and after my entire team said they were reporting him he made up a story about his little sister choosing his champion which is just an obvious attempt to make the tribunal pardon him.
But it sounds like he wasn't doing it to piss the rest of the team off and laugh to himself about it while pretending to be ignorant. THAT would have made him a troll. It sounds like he just wanted to play Kass and didn't give a rats ass about anyone else. That just makes him a ******bag. But its okay, I've resigned myself to the overuse of the label 'troll' around these parts.

Either way, The Honorable Justice Montag has spoken, stop worrying, and play some more games!

Old Vegas Dad

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
Funny that you mention this. We did a little language analysis on toxic players -- not just people who get reported, but people who get reported, judged, and suspended. Here are the top two words toxic players use in games:

1. noob
2. reported

It turns out people who get reported do the vast majority of reporting. We can also tell that toxic players have horrible accuracy with their reports, so we reduce the value of their reports. If their accuracy gets bad enough, we don't count their reports at all.

More than likely, you ran into a toxic player whose report against you was meaningless. Based on your description, it sounded like you handled the situation in a very sportsmanlike manner, and you shouldn't worry at all about that report sending you to the Tribunal.

Unfortunatly you dont understand what really goes on, because all you do is meaningless number crunching. the part of the equation you miss is that these people negotiate and elicite reports from other people in the game who will have strong counting reports. So while the report spammer votes counts for little (doubt this actually sounds like story telling because you would need to then verify every report the person made was valid or not, so I am sure you spin this myth to try to get people not to abuse report) the 2 people they convince to report you reports do count.

Rigert

01-29-2013

Quote:
Funny that you mention this. We did a little language analysis on toxic players -- not just people who get reported, but people who get reported, judged, and suspended. Here are the top two words toxic players use in games:

1. noob
2. reported

It turns out people who get reported do the vast majority of reporting. We can also tell that toxic players have horrible accuracy with their reports, so we reduce the value of their reports. If their accuracy gets bad enough, we don't count their reports at all.

More than likely, you ran into a toxic player whose report against you was meaningless. Based on your description, it sounded like you handled the situation in a very sportsmanlike manner, and you shouldn't worry at all about that report sending you to the Tribunal.
So players who have been toxic now cannot report others who be toxic to them or teammates? You're tribunal thing isn't working. Do ex felons who have had been tortured and their leg cut off not aloud to take them to court to punish the person who did it to theM?

Montag

Player Experience Manager

01-29-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Vegas Dad View Post
See here is the problem most people overlook with this scenario. this guy might not be the perfect angel, and might have the occasionally outburst, or disagreement owith people in games, and get reported, now you compound that with all the other random unjustified reports and well you can end up in the tribunal. Not because you mis behave alot, but because you get a high volume of trolls that spam reports for anything they want.
We actually tune the Tribunal specifically to minimize false positives like this. You are more likely to be struck by lightning in your lifetime.

That isn't to say you won't get the occasional report. Virtually everyone has a handful of reports. But not all reports are counted equally, and we can easily tell the difference between someone who is consistently toxic and someone who has a bad game every now and then.

InertBlowfish

01-29-2013

Quote:

1. noob
2. reported

Do you find it sad that your system encourages me to go all out rage when I do end up raging?

I see so many report cards in the Tribunal where if there's one insult on one report card out of the three, where the person ends up getting banned, and then you Rioters saying, "If there's even one questionable comment, hit the punish button" that I really don't care about what I say in game anymore.

If someone is going 1-10-0 in top lane and I slip up and say, "**** dude, stop feeding" and he responds with an angry remark or says he's going to report - I won't mute that person like I used too. I will go into a full on rage and cuss them the hell out. Because I know that whether I say one bad thing, or go into an all caps rage, I'm still going to get banned if it makes it into the tribunal.

So thanks, your Tribunal is working as intended

Lex Domino

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarRai View Post
Two things. One, chat logs have time stamps. If he's *****ing at your for not helping at blue at 4 minutes, I can pretty much know that it was his second buff.
Two, while rude, not helping your jungler at their first buff isn't bannable, at least not in my opinion.
If my jungler is a dbag I don't help him, usually to keep him away from my lane so I don't have to deal with his attitude.

If they're nasty before they even got the buff they're going to be worse when anything goes wrong with their ganks.

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
Do you find it sad that your system encourages me to go all out rage when I do end up raging?

I see so many report cards in the Tribunal where if there's one insult on one report card out of the three, where the person ends up getting banned, and then you Rioters saying, "If there's even one questionable comment, hit the punish button" that I really don't care about what I say in game anymore.

If someone is going 1-10-0 in top lane and I slip up and say, "**** dude, stop feeding" and he responds with an angry remark or says he's going to report - I won't mute that person like I used too. I will go into a full on rage and cuss them the hell out. Because I know that whether I say one bad thing, or go into an all caps rage, I'm still going to get banned if it makes it into the tribunal.

Fun fact: When I come across a case where someone rages at the start but is tolerable through the rest of the game and his team wins, I actually let that one go.

If he proceeds to continue raging, or if the team loses, I'll punish.

Actually, the whole situation you outline seems quite pardonable, until you freak out and keep raging. Then you have a problem. So stay calm.

THE FECKFACE

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post

It hardly encourages you to rage, don't exaggerate.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

if you are in the tribunal, you already guilty... as per riots explanation of cases that get punished for doing nothing wrong.

there is no innocence in the tribunal, only degrees of guilt