Just got unbanned, played my first game, got trolled and reported.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imogen Poots

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
You won't get banned if you're not a jerk.
Important qualification though, not being a jerk in one's own mind doesn't count.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Someone died to Blue Buff twice in a row at 1700 elo?

Dang, that makes me feel good about where I ended up in S2- beating those guys in S3 should be cake when I'm done practicing.

Anyway, hang in there: I'm pretty sure Riot personally looks over more severe punishments, and those guys will probably end up with just bans.

YamiBelgarath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

If you are only positive, if you elevate yourself above the scum, you won't get reported. I've played almost 500 normal games and maybe 50 ranked games, and maybe 10 times has anyone said seriously that they were going to report me, and probably 8/10 of those times, if I had been then, I would have reported me too. There are only two times people report you: when they are trolling you or they legitimately think you are doing something toxic. In the first case, just ignore them- the report won't matter, troll reports don't get you banned or there would be a lot more successful Pendragon appeals. Otherwise, you are doing something toxic- in which case you can either stop doing it and avoid punishment, or keep doing it and be punished; you are actually getting a warning that your crime has been spotted and you are being given a chance to reform, unlike the criminal justice system in real life.

And just so you know, toxic behavior is defined by the most sensitive part of the community. Nobody cares how thick your skin is or how much you enjoy insulting people. If you are making someone feel bad, whether via offending or insults or something else, you are being toxic. If someone hates it whenever an opponent says "gg easy" at the end of a game, guess what: the person saying that is toxic. They are decreasing the overall happiness of the community. Pay attention to the details: think about each action you perform. If it does not overall make the community a happier and better place, just don't do it. That simple.

Montag

Player Experience Manager

01-29-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen Kozuki View Post
This was in a 1700 ELO ranked game. Just got reported by another troll.
Funny that you mention this. We did a little language analysis on toxic players -- not just people who get reported, but people who get reported, judged, and suspended. Here are the top two words toxic players use in games:

1. noob
2. reported

It turns out people who get reported do the vast majority of reporting. We can also tell that toxic players have horrible accuracy with their reports, so we reduce the value of their reports. If their accuracy gets bad enough, we don't count their reports at all.

More than likely, you ran into a toxic player whose report against you was meaningless. Based on your description, it sounded like you handled the situation in a very sportsmanlike manner, and you shouldn't worry at all about that report sending you to the Tribunal.

Kyuubey

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen Kozuki View Post
I don't know but I played that game late at night. I convinced myself it was just a bad dream but when I woke up in the morning the game was in my match history and my ELO was gone. I have the replay if you want proof. I still am sort of in denial about it happening.

The thing is, the chat log won't show Shen dying to blue golems twice. It will just show him accusing me of not helping him. From the chatlog's perspective it makes me look like I was being a ****** and not helping my jungler.
Two things. One, chat logs have time stamps. If he's *****ing at your for not helping at blue at 4 minutes, I can pretty much know that it was his second buff.
Two, while rude, not helping your jungler at their first buff isn't bannable, at least not in my opinion.

JurisDictum

01-29-2013

Btw, people that report all the time for no reason basically get put on an ignore list by Riot.

Cytox

01-29-2013

I just had your case in tribunal and I instapunished

Jaden

01-29-2013

Justice, thanks Montag.

Livingsword

01-29-2013

SImply avoid raging and you'll be fine, I know people who do their max of 20 everyday in the Tribunal, unskilled or not doing what someone else asked you to do will not get your a "punish". Nor will pointing out mistakes or responding to insults (as long as you dont respond in kind, or go further).

The only situation where you should be warry is when 2 or more in your team and 1 or more on the other team report you, that is suspicious enough in people's book to warrant a closer look and more likely to get a punish.

Old Vegas Dad

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXEric702xX View Post
You didn't do anything wrong, idk why people are downvoting and stuff, i hate when this happens. You won't get banned don't worry, people in the tribunal occasionally read the cases :P

See here is the problem most people overlook with this scenario. this guy might not be the perfect angel, and might have the occasionally outburst, or disagreement owith people in games, and get reported, now you compound that with all the other random unjustified reports and well you can end up in the tribunal. Not because you mis behave alot, but because you get a high volume of trolls that spam reports for anything they want.

The system is broken now, and every other game i play someone is crying about something and beging thier team and the other team to gang up and report someone. It is a really toxic enviroment. It needs to be fixed.

Again was a time you reported people who were truly being jerks, now ? it is a flameboat of QQ peopel spamming to elicite other to report people because they didnt like the way the match turned out.