In 23 years, has Annie aged?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

01-28-2013

Going off how long the League has been around (20 or so years), and how Annie was one of the first champs to join, how is she still a wee girl?
Add Nunu to the 'Lack of aging children' list.

Butterfly44

01-29-2013

she's a yordle... they all look like children

Birdy51

01-29-2013

Never realised the League was quite so old!

Regardless, we have only a very foggy idea about when the first champions joined the League, especially regarding people such as Singed, Taric, Sivir, Anivia, Malphite... They might have joined on slowly as the years went by, gradually giving the League more fame and power bit by bit until he City-States could not ignore their influence.

Annie would have to have been one of the later members lore-wise due to her age, but outside of the lore, yes she is one of the oldest champions. Nunu is the same way if you think about it. Still, relating game time to lore time is a very, very foggy area and I wouldn't reccomend it. I don't think that Riot fully expected the game to take off like a roman candle like it did, causing some small discrepancies. At least, that's my theory.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-29-2013

The League now is not the League from 20 years ago.
Who is to say that there weren't any older champions that then resigned?
The champions currently in the League are the most recent ones + the ones that were products of transworld summoning, cause that's forbidden now.

Annie probably joined 3 years ago. And she seemed like she's 8-9 years old.
She should be at least 11-12 now.
Her visual rework does make her look like that.

Jflash94

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly44 View Post
she's a yordle... they all look like children
Annie isn't a yordle, she has parents who have stated to been very powerful adult mages from noxus, and yordles don't usuallly live outside their city state, and let alone noxus, a place where yordles would eventually go insane

Tesla Effect

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jflash94 View Post
Annie isn't a yordle, she has parents who have stated to been very powerful adult mages from noxus, and yordles don't usuallly live outside their city state, and let alone noxus, a place where yordles would eventually go insane
Like Veigar XD

Xulsigae

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy51 View Post
Never realised the League was quite so old!

Regardless, we have only a very foggy idea about when the first champions joined the League, especially regarding people such as Singed, Taric, Sivir, Anivia, Malphite... They might have joined on slowly as the years went by, gradually giving the League more fame and power bit by bit until he City-States could not ignore their influence.

Annie would have to have been one of the later members lore-wise due to her age, but outside of the lore, yes she is one of the oldest champions. Nunu is the same way if you think about it. Still, relating game time to lore time is a very, very foggy area and I wouldn't reccomend it. I don't think that Riot fully expected the game to take off like a roman candle like it did, causing some small discrepancies. At least, that's my theory.
Well since she was in the original trailers for League, and Riot hasn't put any lore out that suggests that champs ever 'retire', and they couldn't really have a League with only a few champs, that suggests to me that a lot of champs were recruited at once, and Annie was one of them. Add Nunu to the list of 'seeming to not age.'
Would be interesting to have a timeline of champs showing when they joined in RuneTerra time, rather than ours. Like which ones joined 20 years ago, and how often does a new one show up.

Argent Heretic

01-29-2013

Who is to say that when in the league the summoners magic prevents them from aging, in at least a biological sense.

Xulsigae

01-29-2013

Well that sounds like 'Reasons!' answer. Sure it...could be. But why would it be? Not exactly Discworld here.
Unless...the League wants to keep Annie young forever for some reason? And Nunu. We need a Zilean AMA stat!

Cloaked Figure

01-29-2013

Maybe the League is magically suppressing her aging process to prevent her from becoming too powerful for the League. Like what they did to Jax by limiting his weapon, only more pro-active and subtle.

She's powerful now. Imagine when she gets to be Syndra's age.