...Teleport...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Personally, I'd like to see Teleport happen. Just not with current revive wave/timer system. Because the current timers basically make it into a better, lower cooldown Revive summoner.

However, if we were to try implementing Teleport *before* adjusting the revive timers, I would do it this way: Allow teleporting only while standing on a fully charged, uncontested point to another fully charged, uncontested point. Since it would be a mechanically different summoner, could even adjust the cooldown to be more appropriate. Call it "Gate" to avoid confusion and burden of knowledge yada yada.

This would allow Teleport to serve function of cross map mobility for reinforcing points, but prevent it from being a better revive, and prevent it from being a "bail bot lane from gank or stop backcap" button. On the other hand, it still holds some interesting strategy in that a freshly captured point can be rapidly reinforced, and it gives another option for the bot laner (can switch to top in anticipation of a major fight).
What about a super awesome clutch interaction where Clairvoyance places a teleport node... but that would be too cool.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
I don't think pointing out that an already broken champion would be broken with this spell is exactly a reason to not add it...

So that ali won't have revive? seems like a fair trade to me...

And so begins the "it would be bad because it might do X" parade...
You missed where I said "tanky" champs. Tanky bruisers are already a problem in Dom, and even if Alistar doesn't have revive it'd make him much more effective at doing anything since mobility is an area in which he lacks already. I'd just use any tanky champ, like Rammus, Blitz, or even Lulu and just stop you from capping.

Heimer and Zyra? Unstoppable walls of defending a point. Revive/Teleport would poop on anything and create an unfair balance for whatever team loses windmill the second the match starts, unless you save it for when their Summoners are on CD, and even then it'd be pretty much an insta-win. Just get them to blow their revive (even better if they don't have it) then teleport-gank their bot champion. Near -instant 4 cap based entirely on champ select and spell usage. Anyone NOT running these 2 summoner spells together would be in such of a horrible disadvantage that you might as well just play without them at all. Do you really want to be pigeonholed into this?

EDIT: forget anything I said. Put this in please, this would definitely help my pooting plays lol

konfetarius

01-28-2013

Quote:
What about a super awesome clutch interaction where Clairvoyance places a teleport node... but that would be too cool.
That would be too broken, hue.

Redeemed In Fire

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
You missed where I said "tanky" champs. Tanky bruisers are already a problem in Dom, and even if Alistar doesn't have revive it'd make him much more effective at doing anything since mobility is an area in which he lacks already. I'd just use any tanky champ, like Rammus, Blitz, or even Lulu and just stop you from capping.

Heimer and Zyra? Unstoppable walls of defending a point. Revive/Teleport would poop on anything and create an unfair balance for whatever team loses windmill the second the match starts, unless you save it for when their Summoners are on CD, and even then it'd be pretty much an insta-win. Just get them to blow their revive (even better if they don't have it) then teleport-gank their bot champion. Near -instant 4 cap based entirely on champ select and spell usage. Anyone NOT running these 2 summoner spells together would be in such of a horrible disadvantage that you might as well just play without them at all. Do you really want to be pigeonholed into this?

EDIT: forget anything I said. Put this in please, this would definitely help my pooting plays lol
I just wanna ask, how is a 5 TP revive team gonna win fights when they can't point dive or lock down important targets?

DiscworldDeath

01-28-2013

Quote:
I just wanna ask, how is a 5 TP revive team gonna win fights when they can't point dive or lock down important targets?
It's a sad state of affairs if people can't ever win fights without having summoner spells up, and does not map to my experience actually playing LoL.

Redeemed In Fire

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
It's a sad state of affairs if people can't ever win fights without having summoner spells up, and does not map to my experience actually playing LoL.
Would a team with revive + a mix garrisons/exhausts likely win against a team with revive clarity?

SlasherBag

01-29-2013

Quote:
Would a team with revive + a mix garrisons/exhausts likely win against a team with revive clarity?
I think you misunderstood him. Yes, summoner spells do give advantages when they are up, but you should also be able to win fights when they are down.

Redeemed In Fire

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFerric View Post
I think you misunderstood him. Yes, summoner spells do give advantages when they are up, but you should also be able to win fights when they are down.
I understand that, the person I quoted originally was insisting that revive+TP (or garrison+TP) would be > all. Taking a 5 revive TP team or 4 revive TPs and possibly a revive garrison orwould be severely gimping you in fights since an average team would have a bunch of exhausts and a garrison or two up in a lot of fights. This could easily compensate for the reinforcement advantage teleport gives.

Note that this is all assuming live TP with only some restrictions on what you can TP to. Presumably Nome would introduce a special TP with other changes like maybe TP fails if someone is channeling a cap when it would finish or a lot longer of a CD.

-----

Alternate idea: Can only TP to health relics or can only TP to storm shrine + allied CPs

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Name one champion that they won't specifically be able to lock down that ISN'T considered highly mobile. Most bot champions, with the exclusion of Jax and maybe Zyra, will get caught very early on, now meaning if the bot champion doesn't have garrison at the bare minimum he and his point would be toast, forcing him to blow his revive and/or have a few teammates come to save him or his point bot (which may prove to be successful or not).

Now, assuming said team who needs to save his bot teammate has lost top, that means they've now allocated their resources to save their bot and (if they're smart, attempt to move to yours). Also, if your bot champ hasn't managed to blow his revive (since now they'd have to blow their revive or depend on their alive teammates to protect their lost point).

Garrison or Exhaust doesn't always prevent a kill (Think Yi or Elise) or stop a capture (i.e. blowing Garrison to save point with 2 people on your point and a pushed minion wave). Hell with just a 4 Revive/Ignite team and one Revive/Heal (because people still think Heal is very subpar) we managed to 5-cap a few days ago. Taking skill level (and champ selection, considering they had 3 out of 5 cheesecake champions) into consideration, that shouldn't have happened.

You have to take into account that the any one team doesn't have any tanky champs, hard CC, and/or coordination to assume that they or their enemy team would play so immaculately that not even summoner spells would be a factor.

Chaosos

01-29-2013

So you outplayed a team. Big deal. The game is balanced enough, and as is repeatedly demonstrated in inhouses, the better players (inFe eD, Sauron) can play pretty much w/e they want and still carry games. That doesn't mean certain things aren't overpowered or underpowered. Outplaying your opponent != something isn't OP