Pick Order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llyr Seadancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Okay, so here's the deal, a number of players are getting stuck as last pick EVERY ranked match and people are all about 'oh I get to pick first and your bottom pick so **** you you don't get to call your roll, you get stuck with the left overs' and it's getting seriously old, especially when you duo cue with some one you trained to play with as an adc/sup pair. How about you allow duo's to cue as a 'lane role' which auto shows them as being adc/support. That or you decide to stop being stupid and saying 'pick order greater than call order' as all that does is INSTANTLY BREAK DOWN TEAM WORK AND COORDINATION!

The summoners code states that you should pick to fill what the team needs, for EVERY ONE, not that the last pick in ranked/draft should get constantly ****ed over (10 matches of ranked, and I was last pick every time for some retarded reason) and getting ****ed over consecutively like that, isn't cool, at all.

In other words, it should go, call order not pick order, that way people can actually discuss why they want to play a roll and actually communicate, right away, not 'oh your last pick, you don't get any choice in what roll you play'

BK Ambientz

01-28-2013

How is you automatically calling adc/support as a duo any better than anyone calling their role? You automatically get preference as you are a duo? Am I missing something?

Roll is what you do with a dice, role is the role you play.

The issue is people going in only knowing one, maybe two roles they can play. When the fact is you should know all with atleast an average level. You seem more annoyed at the fact you have a 25% win/loss than dealing with champ select horrors. Dodging sucks, but maybe you need to learn its better than playing a game you know isn't going anywhere. All your arguments focus on you saying you should get first choice, and that you have to fill. When you also say part of the code is having to fill. You seem to understand the code, yet argue against it. Maybe you should go back to learning all roles in normal, and just leave ranked for a while.

Some of your builds are quite atrocious, so maybe you should just do a little bit of research too. Try playing alot of shaco if you do wish to play ranked as you seemed to do quite well with him.

Llyr Seadancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Sythen View Post
How is you automatically calling adc/support as a duo any better than anyone calling their role? You automatically get preference as you are a duo? Am I missing something?

Roll is what you do with a dice, role is the role you play.

The problem is, at low ELO in ranked, regardless of what position you call a number of people say 'oh your last pick so deal' and some people consistently get smacked with last pick and more or less told to go **** them selves. It starts the game off poorly with a HUGE lack of team work and coordination.

BK Ambientz

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyr Seadancer View Post
The problem is, at low ELO in ranked, regardless of what position you call a number of people say 'oh your last pick so deal' and some people consistently get smacked with last pick and more or less told to go **** them selves. It starts the game off poorly with a HUGE lack of team work and coordination.
I know it does. The fact is you have to try climb out of that cesspool of trolls and ignorant flamers by knowing every position as well as the others. If you have to support, go a support that can make plays like Leona. Sometimes you just gotta ask yourself if you wanna be in hell for 40mins or watch tv for 30.

SHMEEPS phd

01-28-2013

Learn to play every position competently. Do your time at the bottom of the list order. Improve and win some games. Capitalize when you're higher on the list order and play to your strengths. gain elo. profit.

BK Ambientz

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMoldy13 View Post
Learn to play every position competently. Do your time at the bottom of the list order. Improve and win some games. Capitalize when you're higher on the list order and play to your strengths. gain elo. profit.
This with a little bit of tears

Llyr Seadancer

01-28-2013

I guess the big problem is the ELO hell, most of the time you die once and boom 'stop feeding' and the harassment begins, perhaps riot should crack down more on this, maybe instead of banning an account for repeat offenses, lock them out of ranked faster on so that toxic games stop, thus making ELO hell a thing of the past? One of the biggest problems I've had is team captains not talking with the team and doing whatever they please, that's not what the game is, it's a game built on team work and communication, not on one man stands. No mater how good the one is, they can't do much when alone.

TheFakeSit

01-28-2013

They're higher pick than you for a reason, they're higher elo. Just because you have less ping/type faster doesn't mean you're entitled to the role. Nor does duoing give you a special elevated position. Stop QQ don't come to draft/ranked until you can play all roles.

Llyr Seadancer

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFakeSit View Post
They're higher pick than you for a reason, they're higher elo. Just because you have less ping/type faster doesn't mean you're entitled to the role. Nor does duoing give you a special elevated position. Stop QQ don't come to draft/ranked until you can play all roles.

And that is the exact attitude I'm talking about. So what if they are one or two points higher than me in ELO that shouldn't give them the right to say '**** you I do what I want' I can play all roles I just prefer not to jungle due to familiarity. Forcing a player to play a role they dislike because 'I'm higher ELO than you' is very immature and causes instant break down in communication and team strength. Just like shouting 'stop feed' at some one on their first death (which I bet you do too, as you seem to be the 'I'm higher pick so **** you' mind set) which isn't what the game is supposed to be about. It's SUPPOSED to be about having fun, working together, and creating an enjoyable match for all involved. This means working together, not just doing what you want and **** the other guy. This means not harassing your team mates, or opponents. This means being honorable. It's a rather simple concept, however so many of the other players seem to overlook this.

TheFakeSit

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyr Seadancer View Post
And that is the exact attitude I'm talking about. So what if they are one or two points higher than me in ELO that shouldn't give them the right to say '**** you I do what I want' I can play all roles I just prefer not to jungle due to familiarity. Forcing a player to play a role they dislike because 'I'm higher ELO than you' is very immature and causes instant break down in communication and team strength. Just like shouting 'stop feed' at some one on their first death (which I bet you do too, as you seem to be the 'I'm higher pick so **** you' mind set) which isn't what the game is supposed to be about. It's SUPPOSED to be about having fun, working together, and creating an enjoyable match for all involved. This means working together, not just doing what you want and **** the other guy. This means not harassing your team mates, or opponents. This means being honorable. It's a rather simple concept, however so many of the other players seem to overlook this.
And having the ability to opt out of playing a role you don't like, or forcing someone else to play something they don't like because you type faster or have higher ping is completely stupid.