Mercurial Scimitar suggestion- 1 second Olaf ult.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

01-24-2013

If Katarina becomes an AD because of this item then so be it. I still think it's worth it for its utility on other champions. The ban-list is currently filled with CC champions because high-CC teams were previously popular (and still are); and people are asking that said champions be nerfed because people want to play them. This would be a nice alternate solution - as it's a countermeasure. ^_^

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I agree with you that there isn't much of a countermeasure item to heavy CC teams because the current MC doesn't do a good job against it.

This change is especially targeted to help Melee ADCs, who suffer most from heavy CC.

Also, earlier I said that it could be made to interrupt channels on activation if that function is considered problematic.

MajorSwain

01-25-2013

Bump!

WildEyolf

01-25-2013

I like the idea.

TBXGambit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

no. Olafs ult is what makes him unique if they are gonna give it to everyone (such as in an item) they would have to buff his ult in some way. also CC is the method to control DPS from carries if you couldnt CC them then they would be ridiculous. ADC's are strong as is the last thing they need is the abilities to counter half the abilities in the game. look at HoN's state of game they have an item like this (shrunken head) they hit that and the ADC can easily 1v5. thats not what LoL is about.

also the item would have to be much more expensive or have its stats heavily nerfed to make this item viable. all in all not a good idea. knock ups do not last long (no more thant 1.5 seconds) if you are dying in that time or before you can react you have not build defensive items right or at all or you have wasted your defensive CC or abilities in either case you deserve the death

Private Riem

01-27-2013

That 1 sec should be melee only as well. We don't want ranged adcs being that unkillable.

Shadow647

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreakerX View Post
no. Olafs ult is what makes him unique if they are gonna give it to everyone (such as in an item) they would have to buff his ult in some way. also CC is the method to control DPS from carries if you couldnt CC them then they would be ridiculous. ADC's are strong as is the last thing they need is the abilities to counter half the abilities in the game. look at HoN's state of game they have an item like this (shrunken head) they hit that and the ADC can easily 1v5. thats not what LoL is about.

also the item would have to be much more expensive or have its stats heavily nerfed to make this item viable. all in all not a good idea. knock ups do not last long (no more thant 1.5 seconds) if you are dying in that time or before you can react you have not build defensive items right or at all or you have wasted your defensive CC or abilities in either case you deserve the death
1 second. That's hardly an Olaf ult. And if Olaf gets it, then he has a 6 second "ult". I don't know any AD carries that can take a whole team in 1 second flat.

Llanite

01-28-2013

As an AP champ, I oppose this.

Not every champ has a hard CC (stun/fear) and even if they have one, it comes with a catch (low range/heavy cooldown/ skillshot/ no other escape) which mostly make that CC their only reliable escape.

That immunity is fine with Olaf, as he has no other gap closer/hard CC. Now bring in a Xin with knock, charge and CC immunity, how am I supposed to pull him off?

If this is ever considered, there has to be another item providing gap-maker/immunity to physic DMG to fill that gap, and even then the game is still no longer balance.

Galgus

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanite View Post
As an AP champ, I oppose this.

Not every champ has a hard CC (stun/fear) and even if they have one, it comes with a catch (low range/heavy cooldown/ skillshot/ no other escape) which mostly make that CC their only reliable escape.

That immunity is fine with Olaf, as he has no other gap closer/hard CC. Now bring in a Xin with knock, charge and CC immunity, how am I supposed to pull him off?

If this is ever considered, there has to be another item providing gap-maker/immunity to physic DMG to fill that gap, and even then the game is still no longer balance.
Theoretically, Zhonya's would be this item's foil.

It gives armor to help against the weilder of Mercurial Scimitar and allows the mage to become invulnerable for the duration of the MC CC immunity.

EDIT: I don't think you thought this, but just to be clear, Mercurial Scimitar would not prevent magic damage aside the MR in this suggestion.

Llanite

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Theoretically, Zhonya's would be this item's foil.

It gives armor to help against the weilder of Mercurial Scimitar and allows the mage to become invulnerable for the duration of the MC CC immunity.

EDIT: I don't think you thought this, but just to be clear, Mercurial Scimitar would not prevent magic damage aside the MR in this suggestion.
Then? His CC is now down and Xin is sitting right at his back, waiting for that 4s Zhoya to go off?