Add a Stun to Fiora's Riposte

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolute 42

01-28-2013

I feel like a disarm (enemy can't use autos for X seconds) would make more sense than a stun, at least flavor-wise. If you're worried about it being OP, the condition for the disarm could be that the enemy has to be in melee range when Fiora blocks the attack. If they're not in melee range, she still blocks and reflects damage, but no disarm. That way you don't have to worry about randomly disarming the adc unless Fi is on top of them already.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute 42 View Post
I feel like a disarm (enemy can't use autos for X seconds) would make more sense than a stun, at least flavor-wise. If you're worried about it being OP, the condition for the disarm could be that the enemy has to be in melee range when Fiora blocks the attack. If they're not in melee range, she still blocks and reflects damage, but no disarm. That way you don't have to worry about randomly disarming the adc unless Fi is on top of them already.
for fiora melee range is like 650 lol

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthehunter View Post
If there are a million things then please give a couple.
CC immunity on riposte

or

adding a new status onto her passive when maximum stacks are reached

at max stacks you gain "GRAND DUELIST" (fanfare) all abilities get a special effect or fiora just gets a constant 99% CC reduction or something.

Perhaps W could make her immune to damage or CC for a moment as long as youve met the conditions which put you in danger anyways.

or

W can be used while CC'd and maybe even remove CC when hit.

I can come up with more but the thing is that carries with hard disables and so many unusually strong steroids is way too much which is why all carries with hard disables pay the price

Dthehunter

01-28-2013

I'm thinking CC reduction would be decent for her kit, but possibly OP. Perhaps 25% reduction if hit by a CC while Riposte is up? What about making Riposte deal AoE damage? IF nothing else it should defintely add a stack of her passive (may already do this, but I'm not aware)

Rhengorne

01-28-2013

ok so lets assuming its a 1-1.25 second stun. Unless you are in melee you will be out of it or almost out of it before her gap closer actually closes the gap.

She doesnt just INSTANTLY TELEPORT TO YOU its a lunge. I dont think people understand this. At any sort of distance it would at best allow her to react and lunge onto you right as the stun wore off. She has to cast riposte, realize you've been parried, cast lunge, fly towards you in an animation which takes about .5 seconds, and then begin attacking.

Realize the parry has gone off: tenth of a second
Hit lunge and fly at you: (melee) .25 seconds (ranged?) .5-.75 seconds
Begin attack animation: tenth of a second

So assuming she has amazing reaction time and timing directly after the riposte your're dealing with (And i'm being very generous with the reaction speed in these numbers as most people are slow as all hell)...

(.10 + .25 +10=.45, 1.25-.45 = .8 seconds) 8/10 of a second average stun in melee (basically renektons)
or
(.10 + .5 to.75 + .10 = .6 to .85... 1.25-.6 = .65sec || 1.25-.85 = .4sec) Depending on distance ranged people would be stunned for 4/10 of a second to 6.5/10 of a second while fiora is hitting you. This is also assuming you were in range of her lunge to begin with because if she has to move at all to get to you the stun will be over prior to her lunge closing the gap.

Also in its current fashion its a large cooldown and she needs an auto attack to hit her to use it.

So when looking at the math I think it becomes fairly obvious that this is not Op, especially not in lane. People are just talking out of their asses.

Since i understand that her damage output is irking while having a hard CC i would suggest removing the damage from Riposte to help compensate. It isnt a whole lot but it would help more than many people would think.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhengorne View Post
ok so lets assuming its a 1-1.25 second stun. Unless you are in melee you will be out of it or almost out of it before her gap closer actually closes the gap.
1 second is alot longer than you may think it is. In 1.25 seconds she can probably have used both gapclosers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tQ9ZxZexBM

kryptoniyte

01-28-2013

Hell to the no

Rhengorne

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
1 second is alot longer than you may think it is. In 1.25 seconds she can probably have used both gapclosers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tQ9ZxZexBM

Well yes... she can use one after the other... and then have no way to get on you if u use an escape or flash. It would just be stupid to lunge twice while ur stunned unless she lunges to a minion and then to you. 1 second is not longer than i think it is, im well aware of its time frame in a pvp game.

I like how you didnt argue any actual math though.

If u are in melee and she uses both gap closers that is about half a second where she isnt attacking and its just lunge damage, which fiora doesnt level first.

If she lunges to someone and then to you at max range both times it will take about .75 seconds to 1 second to do, making the stun very short in terms of time shes actually has to deal damage to you.

I would also argue the that stun needs a max range, not able to stun Ezreal/cait/ashe ults from across the map or anything.

600-750 would be perfect imo

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhengorne View Post
Well yes... she can use one after the other... and then have no way to get on you if u use an escape or flash. It would just be stupid to lunge twice while ur stunned unless she lunges to a minion and then to you. 1 second is not longer than i think it is, im well aware of its time frame in a pvp game.

I like how you didnt argue any actual math though.

If u are in melee and she uses both gap closers that is about half a second where she isnt attacking and its just lunge damage, which fiora doesnt level first.

If she lunges to someone and then to you at max range both times it will take about .75 seconds to 1 second to do, making the stun very short in terms of time shes actually has to deal damage to you.

I would also argue the that stun needs a max range, not able to stun Ezreal/cait/ashe ults from across the map or anything.

600-750 would be perfect imo
the point was that no only can she get ontop of you way faster than a second she can do a **** ton in a single second. She can save the second for 4 seconds giving her plenty of time to kill you. Even if you flash out and she dumped both on you dont forget her speedboost and ult and the effect of fury boots and the fact she has her own summoner spells. Lunge does not take half a second. Seiously i keep them ****s on extra hot smartcast, I can do it one handed.

the problem with the stun isnt her doing it from out of range its when she does it in range that's the issue. No autoattacker, jax included will be able to match up to that. BTW how many stuns in the game dont interrupt commands with zero drawback?

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyWad View Post
Everyone knows Fiora gets shut down by CC, so I think it would be cool to give her a counter CC.....What do you guys think?
Disagree, from the perspective of fighting against Fiona, every fiona I've seen seems to be strong at engaging the enemy, even when outnumbered. A character that cannot be stunned would be extremely strong in their own right- giving a character such as Fiora the ability to avoid being stunned would make her a difficult character to counter. She could leap into an entire enemy team without fear of being stopped, and then even if the enemy reacted quickly and destroyed her, she would already have done her damage.

In fact, it seems to me that she can practically do that already- it's just that you have a chance to stop her with a stun.