Do you respect pick-order or calls?

Pick order 92 76.67%
Role calls 28 23.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Which do you respect: Calls or pick-order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Lister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Specifically referring to ranked queue, I wanted to know the public's opinion on which they respect most; role-calls or pick-order.

For example, I respect calls more. Using pick-order as an excuse relegates those at the bottom of the totem poll to (perhaps) a roll they are unfamiliar with or can't play very well. While it's true that you should be able to do pretty much everything decently in ranked, I would much rather have somebody do something they're more comfortable with.

Worse yet, I find order-selection to be a bit toxic: if one person wants a roll and refuses to hand it over to someone else based solely on the order they are in, that forces the other person to play a different roll, possibly one they're not the best at. Often in this kind of case, the one who refused to compromise whines about the player being bad, when in reality, that's to be expected when you make someone do something they're not the best at.

This is of course based on personal experience, but it's also my opinion. What do you think about it?

Loopa Touchagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

neither

i respect intelligent, well mannered people

FurryKittenSoup

01-28-2013

calls.

BlueQuail

01-28-2013

I play blind pick so its FFA.

NgArclite

01-28-2013

Role call as long as they can respect others if they say they mainly play X. Honestly you should be able to play all 5 roles or at least 2-3 well enough.

Alumenlux

01-28-2013

if im first pick, chances are the last pick is some 1700
if im last pick, chances are the captain is some 2000

there's a pretty big discrepancy in elo in q's so i give pick order more consideration than calls. not saying much tho cos generally every1 gets their roles or adjusts without whining

tempname950

01-28-2013

Neither. I play what I want and mute whoever complains.

Black Lister

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgArclite View Post
Role call as long as they can respect others if they say they mainly play X. Honestly you should be able to play all 5 roles or at least 2-3 well enough.
This is true, and I hate it when someone plays ranked and can ONLY play one roll. I agree that ranked players need to get good with multiple rolls before trying to play ranked. But while someone might be good at a roll, they might be better at another. I personally find it more advantageous to the team if a everyone can play what they're BEST at as opposed to what they're only just good at..

Sunnyish

01-28-2013

It's kind of like a mix of both for me.

Of course pick order will be the way it always is but calls are for people who 'main' a certain role. So it's best to figure out through the calls and but respect the order.

Idk what I'm saying.

Incubes

01-28-2013

Seriously?

According to the summoners code, pick order is the official protocol summoners should follow. Calls are a way to show WHAT YOU PREFER.

I dont play ranked yet, but I do draft. It works similarly, when i get last pick I will just fill in as support.

Calls are created by the people from the community, but the official protocol are pick orders. Watch High elo streamers, they sometimes call their best roles, and people let them go because they know dyrus is a great top laner etc.

But if they dont get it, I dont see them whine and cry and instalock a top champion anyways.

They play whatever needed to fill the role.

-----------
Last but not least, if you cant play 2-3 champions of 2-3 roles. You should stop playing ranked.

Therainman mains top lane (duh), but he plays decent lee sin jungle and kassadin mid. People who say they respect call order more than pick order gives me the instant impression that they are the people who will troll and instalock a champion after it is picked already.

What call order means is you have a faster computer. Great.