Could an AP auto attack champion work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alumenlux

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueQuail View Post
I'm talking about a champion with no skills that let them use AP as an auto attack. Teemo still does AD damage when he autos
well in practice, ap teemo's autoattack does negligible ad damage but ya he does have ad

SourApples

01-28-2013

See Mage Fortune

D00B00

01-28-2013

I think you're looking for Varus

Cowgomoomoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
I'm talking about a champion with no skills that let them use AP as an auto attack. Teemo still does AD damage when he autos
Am I the only person confused by this?

Kaolla

01-28-2013

Quote:
so you want him to start with 0 AD

and... 50 ap?

and do 100% ap on hit?

i don't think you've thought this through considering you can get like 1500 ap, and only 650 or so AD

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

You're talking about converting all auto attack damage to magic damage, then scaling their bonus damage on AP, rather than AD. In essence this is already true for the champions that have an on-hit modifier that scales on AP (Teemo, Kayle, Kog, etc.) This is also true, at least for burst, of Poppy and Twisted Fate, the latter has a minor scaling AP on hit, as well as a magic damage converter for his auto attack in Pick A Card (It should be noted that this skill was, and probably still is buggy, and didn't properly convert lich bane when it was physical).

Additionally, those on-hit damage modifiers have their own base damage and additional effects, which makes them even stronger.

Still, an AP carry that was focused on auto attacks is feasible now, and is a design I'd like to see happen, preferably with something to emulate critical strikes like TF's stacked deck does.

BlueQuail

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgomoomoo View Post
Am I the only person confused by this?
Read the Edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla
i don't think you've thought this through considering you can get like 1500 ap, and only 650 or so AD
When would you ever achieve that?

Samenko

01-28-2013

Diana Kayle Teemo.. Even kass can if you grab a malady late game.

Cowgomoomoo

01-28-2013

So basically, the champion would need a high base AP

Your Persona

01-28-2013

Everyone forgets about Orianna's passive...