@Riot Seeker's Armguard - Do you retain stacks after upgrading to Hourglass?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bushmaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

New Item:

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01...te-2.html#more

Seeker's Arm Guard
Builds out 2x Cloth Armor and an Amplifying Tome
+ 30 Armor
+ 25 AP.
Unique Passive: Killing a unit grants .5 bonus armor and ability power. This bonus stacks up to 30 times.
Builds into Zhonya's Hourglass.

Unique passive is very cool, but do you retain the bonus after building into Zhonya's? Zhonya's says nothing about the stacks in its updated description.

Voidgolem

01-28-2013

Do the math and then look at Zhonya's stats.

Bushmaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Do the math and then look at Zhonya's stats.
What I mean is, if you wait to upgrade to Hourglass to gain stacks, can you retain those stacks to have a max +15 armor/AP ABOVE the hourglass stacks?

Otherwise you would still rush the zhonya's upgrade ASAP, whereas if you keep the stacks you might want to wait to get max stacks first to milk all you can out of the item.

DDOSingToDiamond

01-28-2013

This gives AT MAX 45 armor.

Zhonya's gives 50 armor.

Zhonya's will always give 50 armor, even if you rush it right after buying Armguard

AK47WOLF

01-28-2013

It should be called knee guard for all of the arrows.

Tolfor

01-28-2013

See, this is kind of why I don't like the idea behind Armguard. A stacking item whose only upgrade doesn't use the stacks at all and has the same stats no matter what seems really awkward and sort of pointless.

Imagine if instead of upgrading from Tear to Archangel's, you just went straight to Seraph's Embrace via gold instead of getting it at max stacks. So what's the point of stacking up Tear?

darkyahweh3

01-27-2014

I got recked in the collegiate tournament to an APC whom I did 98 damage crits to the APC, and was wondering why is this happening? Then after reviewing the game I came to notice the ONLY thing that could cause this was armor, but then to my astonishment, IUD the team I faced was down 30 kills and their apc became unkillable by AD for the most part. I looked and to my amazement I found this...
This is unbelievably broken and is single handedly why we lost, I wish for the tournament to reset and this bug to be reset seeing as we lost because of riot... GG riot GG.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wtf2.png
Views:	78
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	885590