Do you think the pre-game lobby is...

In need of vast improvement 26 39.39%
In need of simple changes 31 46.97%
Not bad at all 8 12.12%
The best of all time 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

@RIOT What are we going to do about pregame?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FyshinaTux

01-28-2013

I can't agree with some of the first post...

If there is a guy that's about to play singed in my game, and he has 8 ranked wins and 35 ranked losses when I'm sitting around 111 wins and 121 losses, I think I should be able to find that out if need be (this was the case in a game last night).

The Singed build Ninja Tabi. His reason? He was against Olaf... He fed Olaf SOOOO hard that, as jungler, I was afraid to gank because Olaf would get a double kill off us (singed also had a catalyst and wardens mail, but got nothing else other than boot enchants at the 30ish minute mark).

So yea, if I feel the urge to check people's win/loss rating, I feel I should be able to do just that, for instances like this...

AcrobaticApricot

01-28-2013

Riot doesn't want to let us vote kick people because it could be abused.

What if we had an option to surrender the game, like if we were losing? That would be awful, it could be abused.

Attrail

01-28-2013

I've actually never had an issue or seen an issue where people were mad because of the guys or my match history, does it really happen that often?

OriginalJack

01-28-2013

Hiding summoner names in champ select wouldn't be the worst idea. You could just refer to them as Summoner 1 or Summoner 2 if you wanted to say something to somebody specifically.

Muting people in the lobby... if you've really got those kind of issues where you need to mute somebody that early you should just dodge intead, I don't think it's needed.

Create some more player responsibility... little vague here can you be more specific. There's no real reason to honor somebody in the champ select screen and reporting them based on just the champ select screen would be tricky because if somebody dodges there would be no score screen which is where reports are done now so they would have to totally redo the way reporting is done.

Allow for pre/post game chat to be on the tribunal report... this is a good idea but riot has stated that it's easier said than done.

Regarding ranked - Be more strict on those playing for ranking... I'd be ok with this also. The level of negativity in ranked is much higher than normals, something should really be done.

CaptainAMorgan

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordle Junior View Post
I can't agree with some of the first post...

So yea, if I feel the urge to check people's win/loss rating, I feel I should be able to do just that, for instances like this...
Gives no actual reason why being able to look at stats makes anyone's experience better... Gives a single experience example that correlates directly with the attitude I want to avoid.

I don't want to play with people who are concerned over this, as that attitude will only bring DOWN morale, not raise it.

There is no mutual benefit to being able to search people's game history.

Only thing that occurs is someone being bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrobaticApricot View Post
Riot doesn't want to let us vote kick people because it could be abused.

What if we had an option to surrender the game, like if we were losing? That would be awful, it could be abused.
I see what you did there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Demetri View Post
I've actually never had an issue or seen an issue where people were mad because of the guys or my match history, does it really happen that often?
My partners and I deal with this on a near game by game basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
Hiding summoner names in champ select wouldn't be the worst idea. You could just refer to them as Summoner 1 or Summoner 2 if you wanted to say something to somebody specifically.

Muting people in the lobby... if you've really got those kind of issues where you need to mute somebody that early you should just dodge intead, I don't think it's needed.
This is something RIOT is trying to eliminate. Do you understand the added burden on the MM system caused by dodges? They want to start enforcing more strict penalties as well (see new ranked changes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
Create some more player responsibility... little vague here can you be more specific. There's no real reason to honor somebody in the champ select screen and reporting them based on just the champ select screen would be tricky because if somebody dodges there would be no score screen which is where reports are done now so they would have to totally redo the way reporting is done.

Allow for pre/post game chat to be on the tribunal report... this is a good idea but riot has stated that it's easier said than done.

Regarding ranked - Be more strict on those playing for ranking... I'd be ok with this also. The level of negativity in ranked is much higher than normals, something should really be done.
Yes, it was intentionally vague. It needs to be as the idea is nowhere near fleshed, but some system could be impletemented. Bans being set out because of actions in pre-game lobby should occur (someone told me to die for picking a champ, that warrants a ban, and I don't want to have to screenshot every time).

Easier said than done is up to them to do. They are the servicer.

I really would love to see some Queue penalties on those who behave badly in ranked, it's obnoxious even trying to play it these days...

Why does GD downvote you, I dun get it...

CaptainAMorgan

01-28-2013

Bump for more votes and for more solutions!

CaptainAMorgan

01-28-2013

If we're going to make a positive impact we need to voice our opinions guys!

CaptainAMorgan

01-28-2013

Cmon guys, let's make an impact here, we need to see change clearly.

It's about 80% for right now, let's see if more people feel the same!

CaptainAMorgan

01-28-2013

Votes come, but no comments.

Guys we need to drive up the interest in these changes if we seriously want something done about them!

An Agile Phoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Lolking only makes this game worse.