why is AP yi such a big problem for you

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-28-2013

lets say that for some reason you cant stop his heal and he by default does tons of damage... havent you ever dealt with extreme sustain before? Oh but he can do both damage and heal wahhwahhh! seriously wtf is the problem? This **** happens all the time you just dont notice it because other champs dont beat off while they heal or pose when they poke you for standing close to minions. Get the **** over it and stop begging for nerfs.

If you can't handle yi, regardless of whether or not you can win against him, you have no excuses YOU ARE BAD.

InsertDongerHere

01-28-2013

what would you suggest then? (honestly) id like suggestions if you have some. even if my team focuses him its difficult to kill him.

Aringhe

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR8 G3NiUS View Post
what would you suggest then? (honestly) id like suggestions if you have some. even if my team focuses him its difficult to kill him.
Rush him. When he uses his Q, he is literally down on damage before ~level 14. Build a tiny bit of sustain from Catalyst or Chalice of Harmony, get HP potions, then nuke the living hell out of him and make him pop his heal. He won't engage for another 30 seconds, I can promise you that.

Irish Red Cap

01-28-2013

Kill him b4 lvl 6, after that your choices are really just to farm and try to deny him kills by either leaving lane and going to gank somewhere else and keeping wards up. His ult isn't really used to get kills but to escape as AP yi until late game when he needs it to reset his Q. But you deny AP yi kills and he drops harder than any other AP champ in the game late game.

Peligrad

01-28-2013

Only way AP Yi is powerful is if your team has minimal support and sticks around at low hp.

To counter Yi have your support build a bulwark to cut back the AoE damage and if anyone gets low on hp have them leave.

If your support has healing or shielding just keep the first guy alive through Yi's alpha strike, he doesn't get a second/third and does nothing....

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

problem is ap yi snowballs the hardest out of any champion in the laning phase if the guy who's laning against him can shut him down poof it's 4v5 and he'll just tickle during team fights. if he doesn't his damage in team fights is borderline broken.

Dhakka

01-28-2013

Pretty sure the problem with AP Yi is you can't burst him down while he's meditating if you don't have a stun/knockup unless its like 20+ minutes in. Dat 300 armor and Mres.

Another reason he's a problem. YOU DON'T BUILD ANY MAGIC RESIST.

InsertDongerHere

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aringhe View Post
Rush him. When he uses his Q, he is literally down on damage before ~level 14. Build a tiny bit of sustain from Catalyst or Chalice of Harmony, get HP potions, then nuke the living hell out of him and make him pop his heal. He won't engage for another 30 seconds, I can promise you that.
In teamfights, all yi has to do is initiate and then heal until his team has your team to low hp. if you try to nuke him that gives plenty of time for the other team to focus the adc or any other dmg that your team has. A tank cant just take all the dmg for your team because yi has to be nuked. without aoe dmg, focusing and nuking yi will only cause the rest of your team to be preoccupied. if you dont try to nuke him in order to make him heal, he will just kick the **** out of your team with his alpha strike and then run away until he no longer has to worry about healing.

but i understand shutting him down and ganking early.

thanks for the help so far.

G0SU Nidalee

Recruiter

01-28-2013

i have a serious problem with master yi BEING ON MY TEAM, he helps nothing when building ap, he gets a ton of farm and is useless. he runs up q's into a team fight, heals runs a away and starts farming again and calls it backdooring. i really want him removed because i hate when hes on my team .

Aringhe

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR8 G3NiUS View Post
In teamfights, all yi has to do is initiate and then heal until his team has your team to low hp. if you try to nuke him that gives plenty of time for the other team to focus the adc or any other dmg that your team has. A tank cant just take all the dmg for your team because yi has to be nuked. without aoe dmg, focusing and nuking yi will only cause the rest of your team to be preoccupied. if you dont try to nuke him in order to make him heal, he will just kick the **** out of your team with his alpha strike and then run away until he no longer has to worry about healing.
If your team has absolutely no hard CC in any way, shape, or form, you're going to lose anyway. At least have Darius; people think he's OP, so why wouldn't they get him now? This whole game isn't about damage, it's also about stuns and silences. If Yi is taking all of your hits, he should die instantly.