When you inevitably nerf Kayle (wrongly)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McNaulty

01-27-2013

Dear Riot,

I know you will soon change Kayle for the worse. This is because, currently, Kayle is both popular and strong. I realize this is going to happen, and only ask that you do not do so haphazardly. As such, I ask you only nerf Kayle's ratios, and do not change the cooldown or duration of any of Kayle's spells.

Kayle's popularity is, of course, caused by the Season 3 changes, which cast out many of her weak matchups and elevated her strong matchups (and buffed her AP itemization). It would be silly to substantially nerf Kayle because of what is currently FOTM.

Thank you,

-MC

RadiantPyrophore

01-28-2013

Shh, I'm charging my Dumbass Laser

GardeniaSky

01-28-2013

I, personally think it's wrong to nerf characters....if you're going to nerf one nerf em all. Not just one at a time. It's sad.

Bamboo Worrior

01-28-2013

nerf Kayle again? where did you hear that from? Kayle is support and fighter, her performance is totally reasonable.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

What? I'm not seeing a change in Kayle popularity or strength at all...

Folly Inc

01-28-2013

She has become stronger due to the weapon changes, Ravenous Hydra is especially effective on her, considering she is a melee champion that is allowed to use the weapon in a ranged fashion, and as a double AoE. I haven't confirmed this myself, but I imagine it works just fine, and is particularly good at life leeching.

But I don't think Kayle has dramatically changed, or her function has differed in any significant way.

McNaulty

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
What? I'm not seeing a change in Kayle popularity or strength at all...
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly Inc View Post
She has become stronger due to the weapon changes, Ravenous Hydra is especially effective on her, considering she is a melee champion that is allowed to use the weapon in a ranged fashion, and as a double AoE. I haven't confirmed this myself, but I imagine it works just fine, and is particularly good at life leeching.

But I don't think Kayle has dramatically changed, or her function has differed in any significant way.
Nashors + Liandrys.

Where do you people come from?

Peligrad

01-28-2013

Kayle just got a sweet new skin. That's why she's popular.

If you look through the tournies, Kayle got some play, but she was always picked as part of some Ult combo team.

Like Lulu+Wukong+ Kayle or something like that.

Kayle isn't being played just because she's strong...like how Lee, Nid, Amumu, Malph, and some others just get gobbled up because they're strong champions.....

She's being picked up to complement her team comp.

Riot sees the difference. They aren't going to nerf Kayle.

MrFisterRoboto

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly Inc View Post

Actually I think you have that wrong. When she activates her E, her attacks get tagged as 'ranged' and not 'melee'. You can still get Runaan's Hurricane to get the 2 extra hits (that proc on-hit effects, which is cool), but you can't get the Hydra effect on her E. The Hydra effect can only occur when her E is down and you're just swinging normal melee hits on people.

I suspect they did this because Hydra would be a little too good on Kayle specifically, getting an AoE double-dip with her E+Hydra effect.

Peligrad

01-28-2013

No...

Kayle is a melee champion and could use RH even while RF is going.

But RH is a terrible item on her...so no one does.

Hybrid itemization is so much better... Nashor's, Rageblade, Gunblade, all 3 of them are way more cost effective for kayle (as is Liandry's). No one above 1300 ELO is buying RH on her...even though it does work.