[Champion Concept]Flanning, The Irreversible Mistake

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

The attack speed is a bit high as a base, and it scales % per level, not a flat amount. Most champs have a base attack speed of 0.57 - 0.7 with 1% - 3.8% per level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenena View Post
Base Values
Move Speed: 300-330
Range: 100-650
Attack Speed: .5787-.69444
Damage: 42.2-59.33
Armor: 6.75-21
Magic Resit: 30
Health Points: 345-495
Mana Points: 173-302
Health Points Per Second (Regeneration): .85-2
Mana Points Per Second (Regeneration): .82-1.5

Points Per Level
Attack Speed: 1.08-3.84
Damage: 2.63-4.2
Armor: 2.7-4
Magic Resit: 0-1.25
Health Points: 67-110
Mana Points: 25-65
Health Points Per Second (Regeneration): .1-.19
Mana Points Per Second (Regeneration): .08-.15

FoxMindedGuy

01-27-2013

Thank you so much Zarkof. You rock!

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Also, I still don't think adding in a 2 second channel helps to balance it. I like the utility on the spell but making himself untargetable while providing a huge defensive steroid to an ally is too much. A way to provide interesting counterplay would be to have him be damageable during the effect and having the effect end early if he takes a % of his health in damage. Like, I imagine a blob protecting something but then being able to knock off the blob and get back to the original target. If he's a tank, he needs to be able to be focused, and this is one way to do it.

FoxMindedGuy

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
Also, I still don't think adding in a 2 second channel helps to balance it. I like the utility on the spell but making himself untargetable while providing a huge defensive steroid to an ally is too much. A way to provide interesting counterplay would be to have him be damageable during the effect and having the effect end early if he takes a % of his health in damage. Like, I imagine a blob protecting something but then being able to knock off the blob and get back to the original target. If he's a tank, he needs to be able to be focused, and this is one way to do it.
How about I make it so he merges with them instantly but any damage taken by the allied champion is distributed evenly (50% to ally - 50% to Flanning)

This way Flanning can die.

Zarkof

01-27-2013

If you do that I would say that he needs to be able to only absorb a % of his health before falling off and ending the effect. The other problem you have with that is keeping track of your health through the life bar displayed above your champion's head. But it is a step in the right direction.

There needs to be a way for opponents to counter this effect in order for it to be balanced.

FoxMindedGuy

01-28-2013

Quote:
If you do that I would say that he needs to be able to only absorb a % of his health before falling off and ending the effect. The other problem you have with that is keeping track of your health through the life bar displayed above your champion's head. But it is a step in the right direction.

There needs to be a way for opponents to counter this effect in order for it to be balanced.
They are hitting two people at once

Zarkof

01-28-2013

Yes they are hitting two people at once but the damage they're dealing is staying the same. It's a forced split of damage that you need to be able to cancel out to be able to get back to full damage on the real target. Just have him able to absorb damage equal to 20 or 25% of his max hp before dropping off.

FoxMindedGuy

01-28-2013

Quote:
Yes they are hitting two people at once but the damage they're dealing is staying the same. It's a forced split of damage that you need to be able to cancel out to be able to get back to full damage on the real target. Just have him able to absorb damage equal to 20 or 25% of his max hp before dropping off.
Err... Considering Flanning can't auto-attack or use Splat in it. I am a bit unsure on this. Because champions like Kayle make allies 100% immune to damage. Then there is Maokai with 20% team damage mitigation. And then Flanning being a support and usually jumping on a squishy carry means 20 to 25% is very little.

Zarkof

01-28-2013

You misread it. He still absorbs 50% of the damage done to that champion but after he absorbs damage equal to 25% of his maximum HP he then falls off.

FoxMindedGuy

01-28-2013

Quote:
You misread it. He still absorbs 50% of the damage done to that champion but after he absorbs damage equal to 25% of his maximum HP he then falls off.
Meet you half way. 50% of his max hp ok?