Jayce builds?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fukaro

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
DeathbyWaffle's post is informative and good stuff. I usually build Jayce ADC style, because I usually play him mid or ADC positions. I don't feel this gives Jayce a weak midgame - maybe weaker in comparison to Trinity Force builds. My end game build is always the first four items plus a couple that change aroung depending on circumstances:

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Warmog's Armor
Infinity Edge if they're low on armor or Last Whisper if they're high on armor.
Zephyr if they have a lot of CC or Phantom Dancer if they don't.

Other items I occasionally buy:
Sword of the Divine if I'm getting to DPS on squishies a lot and they have low armor
Guardian Angel if I'm dying a lot.

This is definitely a fairly squishy Jayce but you become equal in damage output to most AD carries by lategame. In this build I stay in ranged stance most of the time, only going into melee stance in battles to finish off opponents or peel for an ally or myself. I'm pretty sure Jayce's W on a 3.6 sec CD is the strongest steroid in the game. I could be wrong but it sure feels like it.
I bet you had this saved in Word thinking " One DAY!"

Xolic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

I dont play Jayce that much anymore but I can tell your Trinity is not worth the gold anymore. If your really fed and snowballing then build it but I wouldn't make it a core build on Jayce

DeathByWaffle

01-27-2013

Quote:
DeathbyWaffle's post is informative and good stuff. I usually build Jayce ADC style, because I usually play him mid or ADC positions. I don't feel this gives Jayce a weak midgame - maybe weaker in comparison to Trinity Force builds. My end game build is always the first four items plus a couple that change aroung depending on circumstances:

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Warmog's Armor

Sword of the Divine if I'm getting to DPS on squishies a lot and they have low armor

This is definitely a fairly squishy Jayce but you become equal in damage output to most AD carries by lategame. In this build I stay in ranged stance most of the time, only going into melee stance in battles to finish off opponents or peel for an ally or myself. I'm pretty sure Jayce's W on a 3.6 sec CD is the strongest steroid in the game. I could be wrong but it sure feels like it.
Yep, Jayce's W is definitely the strongest steroid in the game, especially at that cd. This is doubly true if you get IE and enough crit where you'll be reliably critting with those 3 shots (or if you just use SotD) because Jayce's W will increase the crit damage by 30% and IE will also increase it by another 50%. You absolutely shred through your opponents no matter what they build.

No other steroid both increases your attack speed to the maximum output AND increases your AA damage like that.

We should play together sometime so we can see each other's Jayce at work ;D

(actually I just wanna play with a rioter )

TheFakeSit

01-27-2013

Seems like most of these people actually don't know how to build Jayce.

You're never going to build Muramana or Ioninan boots of lucidity in solo que, that only works in a premade 5 where you have a strategy going in.

You typically want to start boots/potions or flask/potions. On your first back if you can afford a whole BF sword get it , it's the best snowball item. If not, get a brutalizer and try to snowball with that. If the lane is pretty even grab 1 or 2 doran's blades for the sustain.

(You can go Hexdrinker and 1 dorans blade if you're against an AP lane)

You want to finish off your BT asap as it will give you tons of sustain and damage. (never build IE as Jayce is not centered around auto attacks.)

After BT try to pick up an item to counter the enemy team. Maw of M , Randuins, or GA if they have a good mix of ad and ap. You can even pick up a Runic Bulwak if no one else on your team is picking one up. All of these items work well on Jayce.

Later on into your build i would suggest picking up a Last Whisper as teams start to acquire some armor.

EDIT : I forgot to say what to max first. Usually start with your E as it gives you lots of utility and an escape. Usually want to max your Q and your E straight away ignoring the rest of your skills. Take one point in W when your q and e are maxed, then max your ult for the passives it gives and then max your w last. Also you could take one point in your W at level 4 if you want to. (I personally do this but i find most well known jayce players don't.)

Kizuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Warmog's Armor

Is the warmogs more or less because of health currently being a big deal?

I find Zephyr to be core on Jayce myself. I don't think there's a single stat on there he can't benefit from in a meaningful way.

Also yes dat steroid

Also good to see you on the forums again, Mr. Hermit

DeathByWaffle

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wman View Post
If you rush BF>BC, do you still want to be building Trinity? Or would you just bypass the item?
BF? Do you mean BT?

In any case, if you mean if you use the BT build, then generally you just skip the Triforce. This is because if a Triforce is not gotten as your first item, it becomes more or less ineffective. Triforce is not the greatest late game item. A good marker that I use for when I build Triforce is that if you get Triforce after 22 minutes, you're behind on your build. Get it before the 22 min mark at the latest. If you farm enough and/or get enough kills, it's possible to get it by around the 16-18 min mark.

A Rabid Teemo

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFakeSit View Post
Seems like most of these people actually don't know how to build Jayce.

You're never going to build Muramana or Ioninan boots of lucidity in solo que, that only works in a premade 5 where you have a strategy going in.

You typically want to start boots/potions or flask/potions. On your first back if you can afford a whole BF sword get it , it's the best snowball item. If not, get a brutalizer and try to snowball with that. If the lane is pretty even grab 1 or 2 doran's blades for the sustain.

(You can go Hexdrinker and 1 dorans blade if you're against an AP lane)

You want to finish off your BT asap as it will give you tons of sustain and damage. (never build IE as Jayce is not centered around auto attacks.)

After BT try to pick up an item to counter the enemy team. Maw of M , Randuins, or GA if they have a good mix of ad and ap. You can even pick up a Runic Bulwak if no one else on your team is picking one up. All of these items work well on Jayce.

Later on into your build i would suggest picking up a Last Whisper as teams start to acquire some armor.

EDIT : I forgot to say what to max first. Usually start with your E as it gives you lots of utility and an escape. Usually want to max your Q and your E straight away ignoring the rest of your skills. Take one point in W when your q and e are maxed, then max your ult for the passives it gives and then max your w last. Also you could take one point in your W at level 4 if you want to. (I personally do this but i find most well known jayce players don't.)
lol... you'll never get muramana on a champion that constantly spams 7 abilities? if you can't get muramana on jayce you are doing something wrong.

pWasHere

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompey View Post
Posts like this is what keeps Guinsoo away from the forums.
Karma is the new Eve in terms of how long her rework is taking

FreeGothitelle

01-27-2013

Muramana actually does do a lot for jayce other than limitless mana.
Cannon W will proc it 3 times, giving you heaps of extra damage output.
And it's magic damage, and everyone only itemises for armour and health these days.

My general jayce build is tear > brutaliser > BT > finish muramana > warmogs > Black cleaver.
Either merc treads or tabi depending on lane matchup, merc treads late game.

Sn0wman

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
BF? Do you mean BT?

In any case, if you mean if you use the BT build, then generally you just skip the Triforce. This is because if a Triforce is not gotten as your first item, it becomes more or less ineffective. Triforce is not the greatest late game item. A good marker that I use for when I build Triforce is that if you get Triforce after 22 minutes, you're behind on your build. If you use the triforce build, get it before the 22 minute marker.
Yeah, I meant BT then BC.. And cool, I just got him today and have been thoroughly enjoying his game play. I'll make sure to take this into account for future games!

123456 ... 8