Jayce builds?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky Surge I

01-27-2013

Hi I used to main jayce but like mid now and I can't find a good build for him anymore. What are your builds and what do you max first?

DeathByWaffle

01-27-2013

Generally speaking, there are three main builds for Jayce now

1. The BT/BC Rush build. This build you pretty much rush BT and BC. You go something like boots->brutalizer->BT->BC or something along those lines. This build gives you the most late game damage the fastest, but is a relatively weaker compared to the Triforce build during the early and mid game. Essentially, you're building Jayce as an ADC. Relatively weak early game, strong late game.

2. The Triforce build. This build is the oldest one and the one I still favor. You give up a lot of raw damage compared to the BT build, but you make up for it in added utility and early and mid game power. Triforce, despite its nerfs, is still a superior item for the early and mid game compared to BT. You get health, mana, ad, attack speed, crit, slow, sheen proc, and MS. All of that is highly useful to Jayce. Typically with this build you go from boots->2 dorans blade->phage->triforce. After Triforce, people typically go Bloodthirster or other damage or defensive items. This build has the strongest early and mid game.

3. The manamune build. Imo this is the worst build out of the three. It gives you a LOT of mana so you can basically spam your poke forever, but it gives you the least damage output, the least survivability, and the stats it does give is highly inefficient on Jayce. It does not give you the damage of the BT build, nor the utility of the Triforce build. Also, Jayce really doesn't need that much mana. I myself hardly ever have a problem with mana with just the sheen from the triforce build.

Waldo226

01-27-2013

One of my favortie and most common builds on Jayce is as follows:

Ionian Boots
Muramana
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Last Whisper
GA

The amout of damage output I deal is crazy and It turns me into a second AD carry.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-27-2013

merc, bloodthirster, triforce, randuin, frozen mallet, maw of malm

Guinsoo

Game Designer

01-27-2013
1 of 5 Riot Posts

DeathbyWaffle's post is informative and good stuff. I usually build Jayce ADC style, because I usually play him mid or ADC positions. I don't feel this gives Jayce a weak midgame - maybe weaker in comparison to Trinity Force builds. My end game build is always the first four items plus a couple that change aroung depending on circumstances:

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Warmog's Armor
Infinity Edge if they're low on armor or Last Whisper if they're high on armor.
Zephyr if they have a lot of CC or Phantom Dancer if they don't.

Other items I occasionally buy:
Sword of the Divine if I'm getting to DPS on squishies a lot and they have low armor
Guardian Angel if I'm dying a lot.

This is definitely a fairly squishy Jayce but you become equal in damage output to most AD carries by lategame. In this build I stay in ranged stance most of the time, only going into melee stance in battles to finish off opponents or peel for an ally or myself. I'm pretty sure Jayce's W on a 3.6 sec CD is the strongest steroid in the game. I could be wrong but it sure feels like it.

Tortferngatr

01-27-2013

To be honest, ask the Dominion forum. We've been complaining about him since his release (BEFORE the bugfixes, even.) We also know how to build him for maximum OPness.

pWasHere

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
DeathbyWaffle's post is informative and good stuff. I usually build Jayce ADC style, because I usually play him mid or ADC positions. I don't feel this gives Jayce a weak midgame - maybe weaker in comparison to Trinity Force builds. My end game build is always the first four items plus a couple that change aroung depending on circumstances:

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Warmog's Armor
Infinity Edge if they're low on armor or Last Whisper if they're high on armor.
Zephyr if they have a lot of CC or Phantom Dancer if they don't.

Other items I occasionally buy:
Sword of the Divine if I'm getting to DPS on squishies a lot and they have low armor
Guardian Angel if I'm dying a lot.

This is definitely a fairly squishy Jayce but you become equal in damage output to most AD carries by lategame. In this build I stay in ranged stance most of the time, only going into melee stance in battles to finish off opponents or peel for an ally or myself. I'm pretty sure Jayce's W on a 3.6 sec CD is the strongest steroid in the game. I could be wrong but it sure feels like it.
Sooooo...

Karma?

Sn0wman

01-27-2013

If you rush BF>BC, do you still want to be building Trinity? Or would you just bypass the item?

Sky Surge I

01-27-2013

Guinsoo, you max Q then W right?

Chompey

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pWasHere View Post
Sooooo...

Karma?
Posts like this is what keeps Guinsoo away from the forums.

12345 ... 8