Vi's ult not QSSable.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

01-27-2013

So Gypsylord you know how you're saying she's not supposed to be both at the same time? Well Black Cleaver is letting every bruiser be both at the same time. Although Vi synergizes with it better than most.

Super Explosion

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryslash View Post
The simple fact that you think Jayce and Riven are "powercreeped" proves how pointless arguing with you is... You have no idea what you're talking about. You're just blinded by being stomped over and over by said champions.
You know, I can actually beat Riven in lane with Master Yi.

Why don't you go try to do that?

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
QSS not working on Vi's ult is intended functionality.

So what's the explanation for QSS not clearing lux's snare or the associated illumination debuff she pops on you with an autoattack?

I've only been asking about this since lux was created, and i've been ignored 15 times, so I kind of stop asking, but i'm still curious what the 'lore' is behind this (Assuming it's not 'oops we forgot lulz')

TBXGambit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Unless she's ganking you from the jungle, right?

It's not really about Vi in particular, of course she'll get outclassed by toplaners who do the same thing as her only better.

That's how powercreep works.

The problem is in the style of the champion.

Bruisers are basically eclipsing every other class except the Ranged AD because they have tons of Tankiness, DPS, CC, and Mobility.

as for foresting just because someone is foresting doesn't mean you cant gank them there ;D its risk vs reward. let her free farm she gets scary. attempt to gank nothing may come of it. also wards... wards counter ganks well...

i will agree Bruisers are quite strong at the moment but i would debate with you the fact they eclipse other classes (maybe they do more so atm because of the health stacking thats going on, but that will hopefully be remedied soon) but as a general rule bruisers are strong but ADC's if they actually build a defensive item or two will not have issues with them (supposing they have some sibilance of teamwork going on). i do think they need to do something with the state of the game in this respect but i dont know if its on bruisers tho or even game mechanics. i think its mostly the meta that we as players have created that the ADC builds all damage no defense the APC is the same way but magic items the only ones with any defensive stats are your own bruisers/tanks and once in while your supports with a runic bulwark. a year or so ago it was pretty much rule of thumb as a adc or APC that your 3rd item was defensive (GA or Banshees or the like) and now we have fallen out of that habit and now we have this issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
So Gypsylord you know how you're saying she's not supposed to be both at the same time? Well Black Cleaver is letting every bruiser be both at the same time. Although Vi synergizes with it better than most.
not quite but it is making them slightly more damaging i agree but it is in between seasons so this and the healthstacking will probably be sorted out before the start of season 3

Quote:

master yi op nerf plz

Daryslash

01-27-2013

Quote:

What does that have to do with anything? AD Yi and all melee auto attackers are weak right now, but that is not the point.

You're saying Jayce and Riven are powercreeped in a sense that they got overpowered right now, which is not true.

You're saying Jayce, Riven and Vi can play as "tank assassins", which is saying they are overpowered.
You told Gypsy they "can be both". And that is just not true. Just, in truth, pointless "QQ".

Maybe the bruiser role is having too much success right now, but the thread is about Vi's strength, right? If a lot of champions do her job better than her, I don't see what point you are trying to make. Go open a thread about the current meta game or something.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

01-27-2013
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazier View Post
So what's the explanation for QSS not clearing lux's snare or the associated illumination debuff she pops on you with an autoattack?

I've only been asking about this since lux was created, and i've been ignored 15 times, so I kind of stop asking, but i'm still curious what the 'lore' is behind this (Assuming it's not 'oops we forgot lulz')
QSS doesn't work on Lux snare or passive? Hmmmm, if true that seems like a bug. Will test this on Monday.

NotBuzzJack

01-27-2013

What up with everyone hatin' in this thread? You guys even downvoted Gypsylord for saying he'll check out a bug.

I Like Tanks

01-27-2013

Quote:
What up with everyone hatin' in this thread? You guys even downvoted Gypsylord for saying he'll check out a bug.
Sorry, my finger slipped. :<

TBXGambit

01-27-2013

Quote:
dunno errybody be mad with the downvotes in here

Super Explosion

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryslash View Post
Maybe the bruiser role is having too much success right now, but the thread is about Vi's strength, right? If a lot of champions do her job better than her, I don't see what point you are trying to make. Go open a thread about the current meta game or something.
The point is clearly that Vi is a Bruiser who exhibits the particular characteristics that cause Bruisers to be extremely powerful.

"Powercreep" refers to a newer champion having more power than an older one of a similar style.

AKA, the abilities of the old melee champions like Yi, Nasus, Sion, Trundle, Udyr, Warwick, Pantheon, Poppy and the like are somewhat outshined by the newer ones.

In League, this usually occurs by Mobility and CC creep.

Riven and Jayce have a lot more ability to move around the map and CC things than those older champions.