Thresh gains no mr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ALLHAILMEGATRON

01-26-2013

I know that his passive would give him MR, Armour and AP, but then they changed it he will not gain any Mr by the souls..yet he still does not gain per lvl...why?

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Because there are a ton of champions that don't gain MR per level.

55 in total.

Ahri, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Brand, Caitlyn, Cass, Corki, Draven, Elise, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Galio, Gragas, Heimer, Janna, Jayce, Karma, Karthus, Kennen, Kog'maw, LeBlanc, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Maokai, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nami, Orianna, Poppy, Ryze, Shen, Singed, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Swain, Syndra, Teemo, Thresh, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Urgot, Varus, Vayne, Viktor, Vladimir, Xerath, Ziggs, Zilean and Zyra.

ALLHAILMEGATRON

01-26-2013

ty

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

they felt a champion that got free ap and armor getting MR as well was a bit op i guess.

Vuther

01-26-2013

Ranged champions pretty much don't get innate magic resistance past 30 barring their abilities.

Except for Kayle. She's flexible like that.

PerfidiousAlbion

01-27-2013

I can see why Thresh might have scaling MR. He's a support/tank like Taric, who does get scaling MR.

The argument that Thresh is ranged is rather dubious, as really he's only 'ranged' during the laning phase, at which point scaling MR doesn't make a big difference. Late game all of his abilities function best when he's right in the thick of things, so he doesn't really get to take advantage of his ranged AA.

Anachronity

01-27-2013

personally I think it make more thematic sense for Thresh to gain Mres instead of armor from souls. When I think of souls I think supernatural.

GlyphTsen

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Ranged champions pretty much don't get innate magic resistance past 30 barring their abilities.

Except for Kayle. She's flexible like that.
She gets like 60% of what pure melee dps gets though, same for Nidalee and such.

Aside from ranged champions, there are plenty others (mostly mages, "tanks", and support, pending Riot classifications). Although I've been absent for a while so I don't know how much Riot might have changed some champions as I haven't checked them all since.