How is Soraka viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WildEyolf

01-26-2013

Please tell me how Soraka is supposed to be viable.

I had a 735 AP soraka and had 30 to 40% CDR. My team still gets trampled. My heals are still not landing often enough due to the massive cool downs on the heal, silence is fine.

Then there is my Q. I was dealng out so much damage. Yet the enemy would not die. I had tons of armor, and health, and AP. Yet. I was still squishy.

How is Soraka viable?

Badruk

01-26-2013

the only reason she's viable is because her and her partner are damn near immovable in laning phase, and to make up for this her late game is less than stellar

EDIT: Derp, for some reason i didnt notice u said AP raka :P

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badruk View Post
the only reason she's viable is because her and her partner are damn near immovable in laning phase, and to make up for this her late game is less than stellar
i think he's talking about ap soraka.

Badruk

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
i think he's talking about ap soraka.
Well the same could be said for AP raka (except AP raka hasnt been viable since they took away the self mana heal)

jmlinden7

01-26-2013

They nerfed sustain super hard, especially soraka, now everything's about massing cc (Lulu, Zyra, Leona).

Vuther

01-26-2013

The only thing I'm getting from this is that Soraka's existence obviously must let her team be invincible.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badruk View Post
raka
*sora

RadiantPyrophore

01-27-2013

Even support Soraka is pretty bad now, especially with the armor and penetration changes that make the armor -that she lost everything good for- mostly worthless past level 7.

Tryce Maxwell

01-27-2013

Soraka would be good. Except they've nerfed her constantly since her slight rework. Just after it. She went from being nothing but a heal bot, to a more versatile mage, being able to support via MR reduction, silence, constant ap damage, and denial via the high CD powerful heals.

The only problem is, Riot nerfed this several times. Infused was nerfed twice, Starcall was nerfed twice, Blessing was nerfed 3 times, and her ult was nerfed once. They just kept whittling her down until there was nothing left by an impotent support.