Thresh casuing spectated games to bug splat?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

√úlin

01-26-2013

Anyone else notice this? Seems like since Thresh's release I've had a decent amount of bug splats while spectating a match that he's in.

I've never had that problem before, nor have I changed any system settings (hardware or software) at all in the last 3 weeks. It wasn't happening at all to me before his release.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-26-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'm looking into this. It very well might be Thresh games. If you do get a spectator bugsplat can you reply here with:

Approximate game time, and
Team of Thresh (blue/purple).

Thanks.

R4D10FR33

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

something to do with soul coloring?

Byrnes

01-26-2013

Purple, about 26 minutes in.

Arance

01-26-2013

Had this happen on Thresh's release also. Don't know the time or team, sorry, but did send the crash report and made note of the number. Its, uh, Crash Report #46858364 if that helps.

Imhotep 2

01-26-2013

Happened to me 3 times in a row the day Thresh came out.

Anyway, I sent the bugsplat report, don't know if that really helps or not, but welp, it's all that I can do.

Caveth

01-27-2013

This has happened to me quite a few times in the past week; it's always in a game with Thresh. I've sent in each bugsplat, but I don't know the game time or what teams they were on right now. If it happens again, I'll post it though.

Silent Within

01-27-2013

I didn't quite think it might have been the Thresh release, however, I noticed (and several other friends of mine have too), when Thresh dies in game, the game starts getting extremely choppy during his death animation.

The following, whether or not it's related to his release or not- post-release I've been having an extremely odd kind of lag. My ping doesn't budge at all when this happens, and is actually slightly lower than what it was pre-release (175-179). This lag causes my character to become uncontrollable for (sometimes up to 3 seconds), but the animation(s) continue.

And then there's another kind that also started happening post-release; say I'm attacking a neutral monster. The attack animation(s) of both my champion and said neutral monster completely stops (It doesn't freeze it just stops attacking me and vice versa). But both my champion and the neutral monster continue to lose health.

Hardware/Software wise nothing has changed and I haven't touched any of the in-game settings so I'm kind of at a loss here. But yea, I figured it might be related to the release so it might be helpful in finding the issue

iJonMai

01-27-2013

Not very sure what's causing the problem but any game WITH Thresh in it is causing me to bugsplat. At first, I was speccing a game on my main desktop and it crashed while spectating a game with Thresh in it.

I didn't think it'd be a major problem so I just let it slide and then went ahead to go play a few arams with my friends. A couple arams in, Thresh showed up in game and during loading screen I kept getting bugsplatted the entire game, resulting in a leave. I repaired my files and I'm still getting bugsplatted in any games with Thresh in it.

So I went ahead and updated my LoL client on my laptop to see if I'd get the same problem. At first it was fine and I was spectating a game with Thresh in it. Next thing you know, bugsplat appears. I cannot recap what was happening at the moment of the bugsplat, but surely it had to do with Thresh.

Please try to get on this case and find out what the problem is. I've been having these bugsplat problems ever since Thresh's release and can't find a solution to this problem.

Thank you

Gats

01-27-2013

I found the problem.

The bug occurs when you hover over Thresh's lantern with your mouse in spectate mode. I've recreated it on 2 PCs and I got a friend to do it on his too. It's like clockwork.