Tired of Troll-Games? [Petition]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Christin

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmanb0b View Post
Whoa now. I agree with the idea, hell i suggested a similar thing 19 days before you did, i just didn't have a the petition idea and mine was a bit more aggressive. The part i dont agree with is the part you quoted Belthound on, which is that the votekick would only work in ranked. Trolls exist in normals too and we also get a time penalty if we have to dodge. Yes you might end up with trolls that form teams of 4 and start votekicking to piss people off. What you could do about that is that if you votekick enough people in a set period of time you get a time penalty and an automatic report of your votekicking habits, along with a recording of the champion selection process of each of the games you vote kicked on, could be sent to the tribunal and if its seen that you and a group are trolling by votekicking you could get banned. People might still have to occasionally deal with an unwarranted time penalty, but the chances of you having to votekick multiple times in a short period of time are low, so you will get fewer, and shorter, time penalties than if you had to keep dodging because of trolls.

I realize your idea doesn't call for vote kicking, and thus time penalizing, of a single person like mine did, but for the life of me i can't think of a better, short, term than votekicking at the moment. And since i don't feel like repeating the phrase, the vote to return to queue, ill stick with votekick.
I like the votekick idea, but it still leaves room for penalizing certain players. I'd like a solution where no one would have to waste time or enter a game they know they're going to lose.

RhynoD

01-26-2013

Actually, I think this is a bad idea for ranked. Part of the penalty for q-dodging isn't just so you don't screw your own team over by making them sit through more queuing, but also you can't just dodge every time you get counter-picked in draft. This could drastically increase queue times if people take advantage of it (and given how competitive this community can be, they would). "Whelp, I just got counter-picked, guys...so...we should all just vote to drop this game."

It would also make it easier to troll a different way: didn't get the champion/lane/role you wanted? Just whine and threaten to feed like hell if they don't vote to dodge. You can still do that now, of course, but I feel like knowing that no one would be penalized would make it more likely to happen.

It's a really good idea, I just can't conceive of a way to do it without people 1) taking advantage of it to beat the system or 2) use it to be dicks to everyone else.

Dane Belthound

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhynoD View Post
Actually, I think this is a bad idea for ranked. Part of the penalty for q-dodging isn't just so you don't screw your own team over by making them sit through more queuing, but also you can't just dodge every time you get counter-picked in draft. This could drastically increase queue times if people take advantage of it (and given how competitive this community can be, they would). "Whelp, I just got counter-picked, guys...so...we should all just vote to drop this game."

It would also make it easier to troll a different way: didn't get the champion/lane/role you wanted? Just whine and threaten to feed like hell if they don't vote to dodge. You can still do that now, of course, but I feel like knowing that no one would be penalized would make it more likely to happen.

It's a really good idea, I just can't conceive of a way to do it without people 1) taking advantage of it to beat the system or 2) use it to be dicks to everyone else.

You obviously do not understand this system. 4 out of 5 people are not going to dodge a game because YOU got counter picked. You obviously don't play much.

RhynoD

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
You obviously do not understand this system. 4 out of 5 people are not going to dodge a game because YOU got counter picked. You obviously don't play much.
Why not? If I get counter-picked, then I probably won't do as well in my lane. So why not dodge? Especially since there'd be no penalty other than to re-queue. Especially if you're in a 5-block and everyone is talking together and planning together.

In unranked, where you can play enter the queue with only four people, it could potentially be a great way to troll. Roll around as a group and just boot everyone, or anyone you don't like for whatever reason you want.

I'm not saying these problems are impossible to fix, just that they are potential issues that may cause problems.

But you're right, I don't play ranked, so I don't know. Just trying to be constructive.

HighOnToilet

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
Lmao you obviously dont play much that is very much the reason why there is such long queue.

Christin

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhynoD View Post
Why not? If I get counter-picked, then I probably won't do as well in my lane. So why not dodge? Especially since there'd be no penalty other than to re-queue. Especially if you're in a 5-block and everyone is talking together and planning together.

In unranked, where you can play enter the queue with only four people, it could potentially be a great way to troll. Roll around as a group and just boot everyone, or anyone you don't like for whatever reason you want.

I'm not saying these problems are impossible to fix, just that they are potential issues that may cause problems.

But you're right, I don't play ranked, so I don't know. Just trying to be constructive.
Would you rather have a long wait in que or be stuck in a pointless game for 20, 30, 40... up to an hour plus with a loosing team that just refuses to surrender? You'll never get that time back!

Christin

01-31-2013

bumped

Magical thingy

05-15-2013

Yeah, I'm tired of games with 4 jungles.

FactorVII

09-03-2013

Signed

Nysuasian

09-03-2013

signed