Twisted Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fayatrix

01-26-2013

Hello all,

I've already posted this in the Item Discussion forum, but I think it fits really well here too.

Twisted Teemo - Ideas about Teem on Twisted Treeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayatrix View Post
I've been thinking a lot about the issues revolved around Teemo and his global presence on Twisted Treeline. As soon as Draft becomes available, I'm guessing he'll be one of the number one bans if this doesn't end up getting resolved.

Teemo really isn't the only offender on Twisted Treeline. Caitlyn, Nidalee and Maokai all have an edge because of how Twisted Treeline works with its No-Ward system. These champions are built innately with map control, something other champions would ordinarily be able to compensate by using wards, but not here in the Shadow Isles.

An attempt already made to attack this is The Light Bringer, an attack damage geared item with the additional passive of Trap Detection: Nearby enemy stealthed traps are revealed. The biggest issues with this item are that it is too situational, too expensive, only valid on a hand full of champions and doesn't even work the way you'd need it to. Sure, you can see mushrooms now... but good luck picking the right side of the bush to walk into. *Splodes*

With all of that said, I'd like to jump straight into my ideas on how to tackle this issue.

Steel Toe Stompers: This awesome pair of boots generates up to two or three charges that would be consumed whenever the wearer steps on a trap to negate it. Even if it only had one charge and function like a trap specific Banshee's Veil, I think this would be a fantastic option.

Pinkie Pie's Potion: Because traps are about as situational as fighting cloaked enemies, an idea to reveal or possibly negate traps would be to use a potion system. Benefits of this are that it doesn't use up an item slot and it's exceedingly simple to balance (Duration, Cost, etc) An idea for a potion (Which could also be used as an item passive) is to reveal traps around your champion regardless of whether they're stealthed or not with a circle indicator of how close you can get to the trap before it activates. This would also reveal traps with a small amount of vision when they are in a bush that you are standing next to, but not in.

My last idea is to add an additional effect to the vision granting mist used by a few items on Dominion and Twisted Treeline that activates any traps that are in the area revealed.

Keep in mind that these are just ideas that I'm throwing out there. Responding to the expected "That's so overpowered!" comment, remember the implicit costs of making purchases in a League of Legends game. When you purchase armor, what are you not purchasing? Health, Magic Resist, etc.

Anywho--That's my feedback in regards Twisted Teemo. Thank you for reading. I hope you found something of value from my Teemo-Tangent. :3

PS: Pinkie Sense FTW! XD

Drizzzydre

01-26-2013

A hero like teemo shouldnt force me to buy an item because league insists on keeping a hero that is broken as ****.

lordfrezon

01-26-2013

Teemo is not broken. If he builds pure damage he will be very squishy and can be killed easily. If he builds tanky, then his shrooms will deal no damage. Buy lightbringer, sweeper, and grez's if you want to eliminate the shrooms.

Fayatrix

01-27-2013

I respect your opinions, but I'd like to propose a few questions. How would you handle these situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzzydre View Post
A hero like teemo shouldnt force me to buy an item because league insists on keeping a hero that is broken as ****.
Teemo has the ability to go invisible after a few seconds to ambush players. Other champions can do similar things like Akali and Twitch. How is buying an Oracle's Extract to counter-play their illusive behavior any different than buying a pair of boots or a potion to counter-play traps (Not just Teemo's mushrooms, but Caitlyn and Nidalee traps as well)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfrezon View Post
Teemo is not broken. If he builds pure damage he will be very squishy and can be killed easily. If he builds tanky, then his shrooms will deal no damage. Buy lightbringer, sweeper, and grez's if you want to eliminate the shrooms.
I do agree with you that Teemo isn't exactly broken, but he does have a large edge over most other champions purely because of his Noxious Trap ability. One of the biggest arguments I'm trying to make note of, however, is that he isn't the only champion to have this edge. Nidalee and Caitlyn are two other offenders of this advantage. In regards to Grez's Spectral Lantern, The Light Bringer, and Hextech Sweeper, their ability to convey a stealth-detecting mist is focused primarily as an alternative to wards. In no way was this intended to be a counter-play measure against traps and any ability to do so lies exclusively with Noxious Trap alone. Teemo is the only champion in the game, currently, with stealthed traps that can also be destroyed by means other than activating them. What's your answer to counter the level of map control that Nidalee and Caitlyn posses on Twisted Treeline?

I do agree with you that the items mentioned above and Oracle's Extract are answers that you can fall back on, but they aren't very effective answers specifically regarding traps. In Twisted Treeline, we need an answer for the level of global presence that Teemo and other trap wielding champions possess.

Chesticles02

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzzydre View Post
Because God forbid you ever stray from the build you found on Solomid and build intelligently to counter your opposition.

I don't play Teemo too often nowadays, but when I do and it turns out that my shrooms were a deciding factor in the game, the other team has nobody to blame but themselves.

thegoochmiester

01-27-2013

Light bringer is actually a pretty decent item on any auto attacker. The mist is great. If you have it playing against a teemo and aren't using it every cd. Then you are wasting it. Use it on bushes. Clear the Bush. If you see where teemo placed the mushrooms in that Bush go in a different direction on the next. Or even buy a bv with it. Run into a Bush destroy traps. Use light bringer on the next Bush. Rinse and repeat.

ZeroV0

01-27-2013

part of the reason why teemo is constantly being referenced on TT is because nidalee and caitlyn are not nearly as viable as teemo also both of their trap abilities have a limited number that can be active at any time while teemos shrooms are not. as for your suggestions I actually really like the one where the vision granting mist activates any traps in its radius. steel toe boots for taking up my boot up grade doesn't do enough and i would never buy them. the only way i could consider buying them is if the negated all traps all the time but even then :/ i also think that adding the trap sense to light bringing and hextech seeker was a really good change i finally got a chance to use both and loved it