Trying to get out of Elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyls View Post
yes there is lol srsly though go below 800ish and see for yourself after about 800 though games level out to a more normal thing.
No. There isnt. Your elo hell is nothing more than your inability to accept that you are in control of your own elo and its not everyone else who is holding you back.

theonethatistobe

01-26-2013

Jeremy as someone with experience of having 3 smurfs, 1 of which was once at 700 elo I can tell you there is no elo hell. I have carried from 700 up to even 1400 at times. A good player will easily have a huge impact in a game where his skill level is at least 200 elo above. Dont want to be mean but you have played over 400 games this season and have still not broken 1k elo, and obviously deserve your elo. Biggest problem with low elo is that you dont admit that your bad and and dont improve. Blaming your team will get you no where

theonethatistobe

01-26-2013

And A common misconception in low elo is that kdr is more important than objectives

m0dified

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelohel View Post
No. There isnt. Your elo hell is nothing more than your inability to accept that you are in control of your own elo and its not everyone else who is holding you back.
I don't know, I have had a few games where bot, top AND mid all died before i even finished red buff, and that was without the enemy junglers help. and yes a set back like that isn't impossible to come back from, but it does damage the team moral severely and when you pugging it is difficult to keep people on track

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0dified View Post
I don't know, I have had a few games where bot, top AND mid all died before i even finished red buff, and that was without the enemy junglers help. and yes a set back like that isn't impossible to come back from, but it does damage the team moral severely and when you pugging it is difficult to keep people on track
Sometimes you lose and yes sometimes it may be the fault of others. The point is that more often than not, you should be able to have enough of an affect on the game to make it a win.

fr33f4ll

01-26-2013

There is an Elo Hell. Its -200 Elo from where your really suppose to be. -200 from elo says, "your just not good enough to carry these downs kids so you lose" To gain elo you must, and i quote RIOT on this, "be head and shoulders better than your current elo"...which really defeats the purpose of elo anyways, cause your really suppose to be playing in a "bracket" or "elo" based on your current skill level, which isnt the case here.

Winning your lane is simply not enough. Cause while your 4-0 the other downs kids on your team are 0-8 and the bruiser in top lane is now gunning for you cause he knows its a race between you and He.

Again, There is an Elo Hell. Its the place where your just good enough to be but not good enough to pass because its a team sport, not and individual one.

As for going duo, i have played with really good ppl and i've seen no difference in win ratio between the two. Im sure duo is better cause you can coordinate better. but i just havnt seen it in the win ratio for myself.

there is also a big difference between the brackets. >1250 you have people who just are now starting. Some have never played before and have never experienced ranked. Alot of them dont know the current meta so they choose really aweful champs that do not mesh well with the team. Also you have alot of toxic unstable ppl with really bad comps and connections. Once you get past that those hinderances become less apperant and skill level and RNG plays more of a role.

good luck getting out of your ELO hell....

Thelohel

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr33f4ll View Post
There is an Elo Hell. Its -200 Elo from where your really suppose to be. -200 from elo says, "your just not good enough to carry these downs kids so you lose" To gain elo you must, and i quote RIOT on this, "be head and shoulders better than your current elo"...which really defeats the purpose of elo anyways, cause your really suppose to be playing in a "bracket" or "elo" based on your current skill level, which isnt the case here.

Winning your lane is simply not enough. Cause while your 4-0 the other downs kids on your team are 0-8 and the bruiser in top lane is now gunning for you cause he knows its a race between you and He.

Again, There is an Elo Hell. Its the place where your just good enough to be but not good enough to pass because its a team sport, not and individual one.

As for going duo, i have played with really good ppl and i've seen no difference in win ratio between the two. Im sure duo is better cause you can coordinate better. but i just havnt seen it in the win ratio for myself.

there is also a big difference between the brackets. >1250 you have people who just are now starting. Some have never played before and have never experienced ranked. Alot of them dont know the current meta so they choose really aweful champs that do not mesh well with the team. Also you have alot of toxic unstable ppl with really bad comps and connections. Once you get past that those hinderances become less apperant and skill level and RNG plays more of a role.

good luck getting out of your ELO hell....
If you cant get out of the elo youre in, its the elo you belong in. You literally just said that everyone plays 200 elo better than they are... so basically, you just want a higher arbitrary number assigned to you.

Jeremyls

01-26-2013

I have been as low as 387 and have seen for myself the difference in teams and behavior at every single level up to where i ma now. There IS a distinct and constant difference. Yes i still get trolls, lack of communication and bad players. That being said you get more of it and thing you would not even think were possible in elo hell.

Elo hell is real, it is there, and it is an actual thing. Now like i said before most of the time if you are there it is for a reason. Myself, for instance, joined ranked at 30 had no idea what a meta even was, had no idea build order if i even knew what to build, didn't understand the concept of map/lane/jungle control. I had no idea how to modify and adapt not only to the enmy team but our own team.

As i learned these and became more patient things got better and still do. I am a better player becuase of elo hell

fr33f4ll

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelohel View Post
If you cant get out of the elo youre in, its the elo you belong in. You literally just said that everyone plays 200 elo better than they are... so basically, you just want a higher arbitrary number assigned to you.
What i said was...this Elo system which is designed for 1v1 not 10 random ppl playing, keeps you from playing with players your skill level.

fr33f4ll

01-26-2013

Elo hell is real, it is there, and it is an actual thing. Now like i said before most of the time if you are there it is for a reason. Myself, for instance, joined ranked at 30 had no idea what a meta even was, had no idea build order if i even knew what to build, didn't understand the concept of map/lane/jungle control. I had no idea how to modify and adapt not only to the enmy team but our own team.

This is the average player from 1-1250. THen why does Riot start people at 1250?

everyone should start at 0.