Are people in the game usually like this??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just A Extra

01-25-2013

Sorry if my English is not that good.

Im actually a new player to the game and ever since i played i been seeing people getting mad/raging(whatever you guys like to call it).The fact that there are actually few or many(not sure) player who have "smurf" account which i just learned it mean "it's when a high level player has a low level account."

Having to said that....meaning a lot of people who have "smurf" account choose the "beginner" channel(which actually have a lot to choose from RTS/Expert or etc i dont quite remember) and most of them are always so angry.YES! im one of them people being scolded but its because im VS-ing people who have sooo much experince in the game than i do.I try my best not be a "feeder".

yes i do admit im a noob but don't the word "beginner" mean something?Worst thing is even when the team is winning,one member of the winning team get mad too.Im sure some or at least a few people encounter what im having..

sometime when a fight started...it never end =/ imagine an arguement started from 5:00-55:00.

Few question that i hope people will answer(hopefully there will be a reply to this thread):
1)Do people usually "smurf"?(hopefully u guys know what im asking)
2)If people say they are as good as they said why not joining the expert mode?
3)Does getting a lot of win at a low level give some benefit?or they just do it for pride or something?

No.im not hating on people who make multiple account but im just wondering if a lot of people get mad at this game?

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-25-2013

Yes, a lot of low level accounts are actually high level players playing on "smurf" accounts. When you see smurf accounts that are very mad through the whole game for no reason, it is probably because their high level account was temporarily banned. While they can't play their high level account, they make a smurf account to harass new players for fun. If you report them after the game is over, the smurf account will get banned quickly too.

After you have played 20 or 30 games, you'll see fewer and fewer smurfs.

DragonTroopBeta

01-25-2013

Smurfs are a problen in Free to Play Games
My advice is ride it out. When you reach about Lv. 16 the smurfs have almost all given up and are playing on another new account because they are not playing completely fresh players and their winrate started to drop. In terms of ragers -
They are a problem. Even if it isnt you being harrassed, make sure you stand agaist it for who is being insulted indecently. I few tricks I learned to deal with ragers are:
1. Report them after the game. After a 3 month ban they often rethink how to be a better player.
2. Stop them but do not insult them doing so - you will just feed the rage.
3. I learned that if someone is showing signs of an oncoming rage
REMIND THEM IT IS JUST A GAME.
Repeat this if necessary. Ive noticed the fustration level of my team greatly slowed when they find out how much they waste by getting angry.

JaeSeven

01-25-2013

agree with megaman.just ignore it.they are usally like that =/ u will also get use to it sooner or later haha.

Sukh01

01-25-2013

Quote:
Smurfs are a problen in Free to Play Games
That's it. They say: report me, I don't care since its just a free account and I can make more accounts.

To make a safe path through low level hell (and later elo hell) be sure to get friends, I'm repeating this over and over cuz it works. Where will you find friends to play with? Here (this forum), in game I recomend to play a few Coop vs AI and there you will find at least one good friend, add him, and collect them before they run out.

Just A Extra

01-25-2013

thank guys for replying! will take your advices

Aoife8

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Extra View Post
Few question that i hope people will answer(hopefully there will be a reply to this thread):
1)Do people usually "smurf"?(hopefully u guys know what im asking)
2)If people say they are as good as they said why not joining the expert mode?
3)Does getting a lot of win at a low level give some benefit?or they just do it for pride or something?
1.) Yes, smurfing is very common. I've always believed that it was either for the free IP for their main account or, more likely, for ego. A lot of ragers are smurfers and I've of a mind that players who play beginner bots that get repeated quadra and penta kills are smurfs too. Also, keep in mind that people LIKE to troll. It's the bullies of the new century and it's not going away soon and it's best not to react to it as much as you can stand. I'm new as well and I'm still trying to master my play style and I've noticed that some players will single you out if you don't play exactly how they want you to play.

2.) Because they want to brag.

3.) There isn't really a benefit. Getting a ton of kills towards bots isn't really anything brag worthy. I mean, -I- feel awesome when I get 18 kills but I'm admittedly new to the game. I just turned level 21 so maybe that's not that new but I think of myself as new.

My advice is this: The bullies aren't going away. As others will say, it's a free game. Of course, there are bullies in paid MMOs too, like World of Warcraft. Just because people troll you doesn't mean you are bad, so don't let them make you feel that way. They are just bullies trying to pick on those they perceive as weak. Unless you are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT (which is impossible) they won't leave you alone...and even then they'd probably have an issue because they'd be jealous. They call you a KS or something. Ignore them and report them after the game. It's what I do. I lash out occasionally but when I report I'm straight up that I fought back and fueled the fire.

As another member said, it's because it is so easy to get another account because it's free. People have accounts just to troll others.

Just A Extra

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoife8 View Post
1.) Yes, smurfing is very common. I've always believed that it was either for the free IP for their main account or, more likely, for ego. A lot of ragers are smurfers and I've of a mind that players who play beginner bots that get repeated quadra and penta kills are smurfs too. Also, keep in mind that people LIKE to troll. It's the bullies of the new century and it's not going away soon and it's best not to react to it as much as you can stand. I'm new as well and I'm still trying to master my play style and I've noticed that some players will single you out if you don't play exactly how they want you to play.

2.) Because they want to brag.

3.) There isn't really a benefit. Getting a ton of kills towards bots isn't really anything brag worthy. I mean, -I- feel awesome when I get 18 kills but I'm admittedly new to the game. I just turned level 21 so maybe that's not that new but I think of myself as new.

My advice is this: The bullies aren't going away. As others will say, it's a free game. Of course, there are bullies in paid MMOs too, like World of Warcraft. Just because people troll you doesn't mean you are bad, so don't let them make you feel that way. They are just bullies trying to pick on those they perceive as weak. Unless you are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT (which is impossible) they won't leave you alone...and even then they'd probably have an issue because they'd be jealous. They call you a KS or something. Ignore them and report them after the game. It's what I do. I lash out occasionally but when I report I'm straight up that I fought back and fueled the fire.

As another member said, it's because it is so easy to get another account because it's free. People have accounts just to troll others.
ok thanks for the reply.but does report really do anything??i mean even if you report them...1st they will get is a warning...

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-26-2013

Never ignore the people who get that mad over something that small. Try to be a positive influence and turn them into nicer people, by being nice yourself or taking other measures.

If everyone had this mindset, no one in the community would be the "toxic" type you described. Too many people who don't care about adding corruption, rather than contributing and being a positive influence.

Try to solve it at the source rather than ignore it, which will hide it rather than being a cure.

These toxic people are very common and it will always be that way, it's an immature community. This doesn't change the fact that being the solution, is doing your part. If everyone wanted to be the solution, we will live in pleasant ville.

Just A Extra

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyyyyyyyyyyy View Post
Never ignore the people who get that mad over something that small. Try to be a positive influence and turn them into nicer people, by being nice yourself or taking other measures.

If everyone had this mindset, no one in the community would be the "toxic" type you described. Too many people who don't care about adding corruption, rather than contributing and being a positive influence.

Try to solve it at the source rather than ignore it, which will hide it rather than being a cure.

These toxic people are very common and it will always be that way, it's an immature community. This doesn't change the fact that being the solution, is doing your part. If everyone wanted to be the solution, we will live in pleasant ville.
yeah i think this kind of toxic people is unchangeable.well...if it does then the world would be full of nice people(no cursing,no backstabbing and etc etc and soon on as long as it have something to do with negativity) but there no such thing as a PEACEFUL world =/