A Twitch in the Web (Ask Elise)

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OdainMorll

01-24-2013

Waking up to a spider laying ontop of your body is one thing, but this time the spiderling had somehow climbed onto his face as he slept, looking right down at his eyes. The next few seconds after he awoke were filled with his usual shrieks and flailing, grumbling afterwards before petting the spiderling and taking the note, his face twists into a cringe mixed with a frown as he reads it, scribbling out another letter.

"Dear Elise, The Spider Queen

Reading your last letter was certainly disstressing, but I suppose I understand your need to...sacrifice, if that's the right word for it, despite the sacrificing not being the choice of the person actually dying. I must say that your method of delivering these replies is not doing any good for my heart, a spider the size of a person's head looks even bigger when it's right in your eyes, but I do certainly appreciate the letters nonetheless.

This letter may be starting to get a bit too chummy for your liking, so I'll stick to formalities and ask another question: Do you actually believe in Vilemaw as a god, or do you give him sacrifices only for his life-sustaining venom?

Please say if these letters become bothersome, there is not a lot to do at the Institute in my free time.

Sincerly, Odain Morll."

Triskael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Queen Spider View Post

The letter she wrote was a list of various champions, most with their names crossed out. She sat there, a perplexed look upon her face as her eyes skimmed through the list for a second time.

"...Gragas... so much meat, but... I have a figure to watch. Brand... yuck... I suppose... Jayce doesn't appear too bad... No... Not at all. Honestly, so long as they're living, I don't even discriminate against gender! Just about anyone I can sink my fangs-" That's when it clicked. "... Oh. Who do I... admire?" She grinned, relaxing. "If I had to give a 'top three' - and only using champions that came to mind... Talon is a bit cute, rather dark and mysterious and I appreciate that in a man. Twisted Fate also holds some charm to him, but really... the Crimson Reaper would have the closest chance at stealing my 'heart' away." She gave a sigh, tilting her head with a brooding smile. "It is a shame he would likely take that so literally. Besides, in the end... no one truly charms the spider."
I was merely curious. I have heard rumors of a Gentleman who has his eye on you, but is too polite to say anything. I have a ten gold bet on who it is, but we'll just have to wait until he summons up his nerve.

Ask Queen Spider

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
Sona noticed the little spiderlings scattering around each time she played a note.

♪Oh, I'm sorry,♪ She replied, ♪I don't mean to scare them off, but it is the only way I can move around and such.♪

Sona returned her focus back to Elise, ♪I've been...busy I guess you could say. Life of a champion. Luckily I've had some free time and thought I'd come by. You're not terribly busy right now, are you?♪
She leaned to her left, raising her right hand to observe her fingers. "Oh no... Answering letters as it were. It's popular amongst the others, I hear. Why, I even hear the Chain Warden may start doing so himself..." Her body paused, as without moving her head, her eyes wandered to glance at Sona. "How... unfortunate for anyone who dares." Her smile was faint, yet grew in time.

"It's nice to have visitors..." She tried to sway the subject, finally moving the rest of her head to face Sona directly. "The Shadow Isles are a feared place, and rightfully so. I appreciate the company."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
((Old Elise and Morg were getting along decently. Think that can continue?))
((Sure. I could see why the two characters would be able to bond fairly well.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdainMorll View Post
Waking up to a spider laying ontop of your body is one thing, but this time the spiderling had somehow climbed onto his face as he slept, looking right down at his eyes. The next few seconds after he awoke were filled with his usual shrieks and flailing, grumbling afterwards before petting the spiderling and taking the note, his face twists into a cringe mixed with a frown as he reads it, scribbling out another letter.

Reading your last letter was certainly disstressing, but I suppose I understand your need to...sacrifice, if that's the right word for it, despite the sacrificing not being the choice of the person actually dying. I must say that your method of delivering these replies is not doing any good for my heart, a spider the size of a person's head looks even bigger when it's right in your eyes, but I do certainly appreciate the letters nonetheless.

This letter may be starting to get a bit too chummy for your liking, so I'll stick to formalities and ask another question: Do you actually believe in Vilemaw as a god, or do you give him sacrifices only for his life-sustaining venom?

Please say if these letters become bothersome, there is not a lot to do at the Institute in my free time.

Sincerly, Odain Morll."
She craned her neck, holding the letter above her. Her lips twitched while reading through it, almost like she was trying not to read it out loud. Upon finishing the letter, her spiderlings fetched her yet another piece of paper and her pen. "I should keep these with me..."

"To Odain Morll.

To truly understand and appreciate the Spider God, it is best when one gets to meet it themselves. I completely comprehend if you can not grasp what I mean, but I do implore you... Come. Visit sometime. The Shadow Isles a place of potential."

With having it signed, she found a deathblossom spider to tie the letter to, wiggling her fingers at it as it scurried off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triskael View Post
I was merely curious. I have heard rumors of a Gentleman who has his eye on you, but is too polite to say anything. I have a ten gold bet on who it is, but we'll just have to wait until he summons up his nerve.
"Oh do introduce us sometime, will you? I don't bite..." She had a sly look about her, with a smirk creeping across her face.

Ask the String

01-24-2013

Quote:
She leaned to her left, raising her right hand to observe her fingers. "Oh no... Answering letters as it were. It's popular amongst the others, I hear. Why, I even hear the Chain Warden may start doing so himself..." Her body paused, as without moving her head, her eyes wandered to glance at Sona. "How... unfortunate for anyone who dares." Her smile was faint, yet grew in time.

"It's nice to have visitors..." She tried to sway the subject, finally moving the rest of her head to face Sona directly. "The Shadow Isles are a feared place, and rightfully so. I appreciate the company."
♪Yes, well that's why I came here,♪ Sona started, ♪I want to know a bit more about you and the Shadow Isles, like why is it such a dangerous and fearful place?♪

Ask the Lunari

01-24-2013

((Old Elise & Diana were neutral, but Elise had made her 2 dresses on request, so they are... in good standings, if you wish to continue that.))

Diana would arrive to Elise's cave, after taking the portal the institute provides to the isles & the short walk from it to her lair.

Hello dear, how do you fair? I have not seen you since I received my dress a month back.

Dear Morgana

01-24-2013

((They mostly bonded over a particular spiderling-namely, how much Morg adored said spiderling. Elise let that spiderling stay over at Morg's house for the night.))

A spiderling runs into Elise's chambers with a small note tied to its back. She bolts up to her mother, rubbing against her long legs before displaying the paper tied to its thorax. Upon being opened, it reads.

Elise,

Your Daughter should arrive with this letter after our time together. I trust that you understand that she came to no harm?

-Morgana

The spiderling is unharmed and clicks happily at her mother.

OdainMorll

01-25-2013

Odain was prepared this time, hiding out in the corner waiting for the spider to appear, when it finally scuttled down from the wall it landed on the bed before looking around. With a swift snap movement of his arm he grabs the note off it's back. "Hah-hah!" he said out loud before the spiderling likely moved back out

Your note makes me worry a bit, while I of course mean no disrespect I feel as if going to the Shadow Isles would not be very beneficial for my well being. In a way, your offer for my travelling there could be akin to, as you said, dropping coins in a dark alley, yes?

It certainly made me happy that you would make the offer at all however, perhaps I may visit.

Sincerly, Odain Morll."

Dear Pöppy

01-25-2013

"This looks like a good place." Poppy, standing at the western shores of Demacia, threw something into the Conqueror's Sea. In her other hand was a scroll, of which she began to read the words scrawled upon it. "Klaatu verata..." She was reciting a pre-prepared spell meant to guarantee that the object she tossed would end up where she wanted it to be. She commissioned the scroll from a summoner.

"... nikto." And with that, the Iron Ambassador's evening had ended. She began walking home....

Two days later, the damnedest thing washed up on the Shadow Isles - a bottle with a note stuffed into it, sealed with a tight cork.

Elise,

I can no longer keep this inquiry to myself. On the Fields of Justice, you frequently deploy what the summoners call a "Volatile Spiderling." Did these living bombs evolve like that themselves, is this your doing? And for what reason do you send these spiderlings to their demise?

~ Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

Ask Queen Spider

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
♪Yes, well that's why I came here,♪ Sona started, ♪I want to know a bit more about you and the Shadow Isles, like why is it such a dangerous and fearful place?♪
"Certain mysteries I, myself, cannot reveal. It is not that I do not want to but that I simply cannot. However: it may be all about how you perceive it. I do not fear the Shadow Isles, I embrace it just as it embraces me." With a smug smile, she wrapped her arms around herself.

"... I suppose you might be right about it's danger, though. How well do you know the Shadow Isles? Do you know of the others who come from here?"

QUOTE=Ask the Lunari;33868403]((Old Elise & Diana were neutral, but Elise had made her 2 dresses on request, so they are... in good standings, if you wish to continue that.))

Diana would arrive to Elise's cave, after taking the portal the institute provides to the isles & the short walk from it to her lair.

Hello dear, how do you fair? I have not seen you since I received my dress a month back.[/QUOTE]
Elise leaned herself to her right, resting her elbow onto her throne with her hand bend down, facing towards her body. She laid her chin down onto the back of her hand, smirking at Diana.

"Why, is this not a surprise? Sorry I have been so scarce. I had to attend to my..." She paused. "... other duties. How are you fairing? Has the dress held together nicely?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
((They mostly bonded over a particular spiderling-namely, how much Morg adored said spiderling. Elise let that spiderling stay over at Morg's house for the night.))

A spiderling runs into Elise's chambers with a small note tied to its back. She bolts up to her mother, rubbing against her long legs before displaying the paper tied to its thorax. Upon being opened, it reads.

Elise,

Your Daughter should arrive with this letter after our time together. I trust that you understand that she came to no harm?

-Morgana

The spiderling is unharmed and clicks happily at her mother.
Elise finally smile a rather genuine smile upon finishing the letter, peering down at her spiderling.

"Why hello my dear." She lowered her arm, graciously allowing it to climb up her arm. "I'm sure you had a fine time away from your home? I hope she did not under feed you. Perhaps I should return a letter back to her... or wait for her to come here instead..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdainMorll View Post
Odain was prepared this time, hiding out in the corner waiting for the spider to appear, when it finally scuttled down from the wall it landed on the bed before looking around. With a swift snap movement of his arm he grabs the note off it's back. "Hah-hah!" he said out loud before the spiderling likely moved back out

Your note makes me worry a bit, while I of course mean no disrespect I feel as if going to the Shadow Isles would not be very beneficial for my well being. In a way, your offer for my travelling there could be akin to, as you said, dropping coins in a dark alley, yes?

It certainly made me happy that you would make the offer at all however, perhaps I may visit.

Sincerly, Odain Morll."
A smirk resides on her face the whole way through reading the letter. She reclines on her throne.
"I will let him figure out his own way..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy View Post
"This looks like a good place." Poppy, standing at the western shores of Demacia, threw something into the Conqueror's Sea. In her other hand was a scroll, of which she began to read the words scrawled upon it. "Klaatu verata..." She was reciting a pre-prepared spell meant to guarantee that the object she tossed would end up where she wanted it to be. She commissioned the scroll from a summoner.

"... nikto." And with that, the Iron Ambassador's evening had ended. She began walking home....

Two days later, the damnedest thing washed up on the Shadow Isles - a bottle with a note stuffed into it, sealed with a tight cork.

Elise,

I can no longer keep this inquiry to myself. On the Fields of Justice, you frequently deploy what the summoners call a "Volatile Spiderling." Did these living bombs evolve like that themselves, is this your doing? And for what reason do you send these spiderlings to their demise?

~ Poppy, the Iron Ambassador
The letter found it's way to Elise, sure enough, and she would prepare a response.

"To the Iron Ambassador,

These spiderlings are, in fact, normal spiderlings of mine. The explosion that transpires when it meets it's destination, however, is nothing more then magic I have been gifted by the Spider. I infuse the little one with explosive magic, allowing it to explode. As for the reason I send them to their deaths? My spiders are willing to sacrifice themselves as they are commanded to."

She signs the letter, tying it to one of her spiderlings. "Find your way. I'm sure she shall receive it."

Ask the Lunari

01-25-2013

Quote:

Elise leaned herself to her right, resting her elbow onto her throne with her hand bend down, facing towards her body. She laid her chin down onto the back of her hand, smirking at Diana.

"Why, is this not a surprise? Sorry I have been so scarce. I had to attend to my..." She paused. "... other duties. How are you fairing? Has the dress held together nicely?"
Diana raises a brow at the mention of other duties.

Dear, I know you must feed every once in a while to keep that figure of yours... no need to be discreet.

A short pause, as Diana eyes the throne & the spiderlings walking about.

Quite, your silk survived both Sona's party and a terrible accident dealing with a blade. I may need to commission another soon as others seem to enjoy seeing me within a dress, or more casual clothes... rather than my armor.

123456 ... 9