Thresh ultimate is on much too long a cooldown

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetrologist

01-25-2013

I, as a thresh Player, in all honesty think Thresh's ultimate should have a lower cooldown, But if should be reasonable. Yes, Blitzcrank's ultimate does have a 30 second cooldown and 1 to 1 ap scaling but his ultimate does have the flaw that it is instant and you can actually run from it. Thresh, however, Can use his ultimate to force a flash if someone does not want to touch it or it can be used to catch one person out and keep their team from being able to save them. I think a 90/80/70 Cool down would be much better one it without ti becoming to powerful. If you had it every 30 seconds it would be much to strong because you could basically us it as an escape tool or a way or forcing flashes constantly.

As for his Q it has the same cooldown as a Nautilus and Blitz Q so its fine where it stands. His lantern i would like to see a slightly shorter cooldown on though to make it more useful.

Skaliton

01-25-2013

tetro I see your point, but also keep in mind blitz's does a huge aoe (and hits every1) thresh's really only does alot to the first person it hits, then eht rest is kind of meh

Kynran

01-25-2013

I honestly think you should be able to place his ult wherever in a radius around him, like Ev's ult. Just a thought.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I haven't played Thresh personally to be a good judge, but what if it started high but went significantly lower at higher levels?

Off-topic, I've always found Kayle's ult to be on a ridiculously low cool-down for how much it could change team-fights.

Donnylicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I don't think it's the fact that it's on a high cooldown, it's the fact that:
the cast animation is too long. You will never catch a dasher, ie: Ezreal, Graves, Corki, etc. Compare this to Amumu who's ult is intantaneous and it's a stun not a slow

People will just stay inside and kill you, because you went AP and deal no damage with your long cooldown spells

So, it's not the fact that it's on high cooldown, it's the fact that it has the potential to do nothing while being on high cooldown.

SOM3Z0MB

01-25-2013

I agree. His AP ratios are also a little low...

3mptylord

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynran View Post
I honestly think you should be able to place his ult wherever in a radius around him, like Ev's ult. Just a thought.
The would be too strong, I think. I like his ultimate as is - it suits his play style (he has a hook to pull people into it, and push to push people into it). No, the only thing I dislike is how long I feel useless. It's not cool feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnylicious View Post
I don't think it's the fact that it's on a high cooldown, it's the fact that:
the cast animation is too long. You will never catch a dasher, ie: Ezreal, Graves, Corki, etc. Compare this to Amumu who's ult is intantaneous and it's a stun not a slow
It would never hit Ezreal anyway. His isn't a dash, it's a blink - he will still jump right over it. The same with Flash. While the cast-time is very annoying - Flash has been the only thing that's rendered it useless, and it would render it useless even without the cast time. I think the only champion who's ever used a dash while I was casting my ultimate still broke the wall - so I'm going to reserve judgement here until people are actually giving me the Jarvan treatment ("oh, you can get out too?").

Pilige

01-26-2013

Maybe they should have made the box a pentagram, same basic priciple of damage and slow, but the more walls you hit, the more damage you took. So lower the base damage and slow, and put a mutiplier on hit per wall hit. That way if the tank wants to hit all the ways he can, but hes gonna get the stuffing knocked out of him.

Nhero

01-26-2013

I say lower it to like 60 or something.
It's waaaaayyy too long for what it does.

toytoytoy

01-28-2013

I noticed this as well. Glad im not the only one who feels its a bit too long