Meta problems.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigot

01-23-2013

I am a fan of playing differently then what everyone else does. For example before season 3 I was not a huge fan of sustain lanes. So I played other champions, which worked in tell season 3. Now it seems required to follow the meta like a little sheep. Any ideas?

PDiddy

01-23-2013

Sustain lanes are nothing new. As a matter of fact ist old as moba's themselvs. LoL was the first moba with recall.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigot View Post
Now it seems required to follow the meta like a little sheep. Any ideas?
Things like this annoy the **** outta me.

There is a meta for a reason. It's not some random play-style that shows up out of nowhere. It's formed by people finding the most optimal and efficient way to play.

If you don't want to play the meta, don't. But it shows your incompetence when you insult those that enjoy playing the game in the most efficient manner.

Tropots82

01-25-2013

AP kogmaw wins all 3v3s and braks both A) AD kog meta and B) TT burst mage or no mage meta

Demacry

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
If you don't want to play the meta, don't. But it shows your incompetence when you insult those that enjoy playing the game in the most efficient manner.
There's nothing wrong with experimenting with new tactics adn compositions. To limit yourself to only the tried and true shows a degree of inability to think for yourself and denies yourself the pleasure of creating your own answers to your problems.**

**Not saying anything negative towards either side. I enjoy playing the meta as often as not; there's a reason it's so popular after all.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacry View Post
There's nothing wrong with experimenting with new tactics adn compositions. To limit yourself to only the tried and true shows a degree of inability to think for yourself and denies yourself the pleasure of creating your own answers to your problems.**

**Not saying anything negative towards either side. I enjoy playing the meta as often as not; there's a reason it's so popular after all.
I don't always play the meta...just want to get that out there.

Now, I also do not agree with your statement. Competitive people like to win. When there is an established meta, it's because it is currently the best way to win a game. In playing the meta they are answering their problem.

I also disagree with them not being able to think for themselves. Just because someone follows the status quo doesn't mean they are not thinking for themselves.

Believeinsteve

01-25-2013

Quote:
Things like this annoy the **** outta me.

There is a meta for a reason. It's not some random play-style that shows up out of nowhere. It's formed by people finding the most optimal and efficient way to play.

It works when you organized. In solo queue 90% of the time people don't play organized. They do what their hearts desire.

This is why the meta is considered to be for the pro scene.

The meta is not set in stone, in fact riot does not want a meta, not a heart set in stone gold meta at least. The meta has changed so much from season 1, 2 & 3. Its not even close to what it was season 1. This is why people break the meta. To find out what works best.

Your one of those sheep, the wolf will eventually eat you. You'll just be crying "baaaaaah" while he devours you.

Don't let that sheep be you.

Lachrimae

01-25-2013

Hey no wait. AP kog is actually really good. The downvotes are coming from platinum and diamond players mad because he revealed the secret!

Lachrimae

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinsteve View Post
It works when you organized. In solo queue 90% of the time people don't play organized. They do what their hearts desire.

This is why the meta is considered to be for the pro scene.

The meta is not set in stone, in fact riot does not want a meta, not a heart set in stone gold meta at least. The meta has changed so much from season 1, 2 & 3. Its not even close to what it was season 1. This is why people break the meta. To find out what works best.

Your one of those sheep, the wolf will eventually eat you. You'll just be crying "baaaaaah" while he devours you.

Don't let that sheep be you.
Wtf is solo queue?

Demacry

01-25-2013

Quote:
I don't always play the meta...just want to get that out there.

Now, I also do not agree with your statement. Competitive people like to win. When there is an established meta, it's because it is currently the best way to win a game. In playing the meta they are answering their problem.

I also disagree with them not being able to think for themselves. Just because someone follows the status quo doesn't mean they are not thinking for themselves.
I apologize for my previous statment. I have a lot of fun playing against the meta and your previous comment came across as antagonistic to me. I meant no real offense.

However from this statement you seem to be infering that anyone who is truely competitive will naturally follow the meta because it's proven to work.

Personally I consider myself to be a competitve player. I have nearly 600 games played on the new TT with about 50 more wins than losses and it's a number I'm constantly trying to grow. In my eyes the current "meta" is the very popular Darius/Singed/Teemo composition. Myself and my team have come up wiht a number of ways to counter this composition.

Any time an enemy team picks a different composition than that (Im refering to a composition with different strengths/playstyles; not just things like trading singed and voli or something similar) my team and I being disecting its inherent weaknesses and strengths. Is it weak to lots of poke and cc? If so our team will generally have a Lux or a Zyra along with maybe a Jayce and a Riven for more poke and strong protection for Lux/Zyra who will be our intended carry.

Counter picking entire teams is something we've gotten pretty good at and for the most part to us as a team there is no real "meta" that we've acknowledged or follow. We still call ourselves competitive and I would like to think that a team willing to adjust to the ever changing scene (and truthfully this new TT is still very young) will outlast teams that excel only with two or three proven compositions.