Players Deserve Better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mixtizo

01-24-2013

Honeslty, place me in an elo where im surrounded by equal skill level riot.

Do you ask yourself this question after every ranked solo que.
I was wondering what riot is doing specifically to help with the broken matchmaking system...

For 3 years now, i constanly been carrying and my efforts are little to show for being stuck around 1300 elo.

How can someone go be so unlucky.

Add a mic system in game, similar to how xbox live works. It would improve the players who know what there doing and the ones that are not alot more.

If your team goes ridiculous negative, and I go 10-1 why should i lose just as much elo points as someone who went 1-10 and fed.

I want answers from riot!

Jjman75

01-25-2013

me too on this one, im tired of going from 1300-1400 elo down to 1000 and further because i get people who dont even know half the champions that are picked exist in this game, it gets really frustrating and it makes ranked so boring and just undelightful that it makes you just want to stop playing the game in general.

fr33f4ll

01-27-2013

I pray they fix it. I know im not THAT good. but at 1100 elo im way better than most. I may deserve 1100, but the ppl i play with DONT deserve 800...so why should i play with them? There has to be some fix for this. I dont care about gold, diamond, etc..I JUST WANT TO PLAY WITH GOOD PLAYERS ON A CONTIUAL BASIS!!! FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK
how hard can that be to arrange?

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Ill tell you how these threads vo. People post saying they play better than everyone they play with. People either a. Check lolking and show that they clearly dont. Or b. Request replays and see that they clearly dont.

The system is fine. It may not be quick and losing can be frustrating but the fact remains that the system holds no one back.

cLvExxo

01-27-2013

The reason I hate the ridiculous variation in skill at a given elo, is because people who are bad tend to want Mid, ADC, or Top. Then they have 50 cs by the 20 minute mark, have fed their lane, and now there's no way anyone can pick up that slack.

Here's why it doesn't work; there's always one of these players in my games. Whether he's on the other team, or my team, there's always one. So, you either have 4 people carry the extra weight (and thus giving the terrible player MORE elo, perpetuating the problem), or the throwing really does cause the loss, which makes 4 people lose elo (still perpetuating the problem, as these players don't deserve to play with the one who made them lose).

Sure, everyone makes mistakes, and no one plays perfectly every game. But basic stuff like farming, positioning, NOT feeding, these are things that separate me from these bad players (and THAT, you can look up on lolking).

whysguy

01-27-2013

they need to fix this asap. my elo suffers so much when i solo que and get people feeding on my team. my elo shouldn't have to suffer from other people being bad. im stuck in elo hell because i get terrible people on my team. put me in the right elo for christ sake and fix the matchmaking!

WastedTalent

01-27-2013

I know you guys hate to hear this but if you are good enough you can carry yourself out of low elos. Stop blaming teammates and counting on them because they will always be a random variable in your games. Instead fix the one thing that will always be a constant in any game you play, you. I guarantee you guys are making fundamental mistakes here and there that you can improve on.

I picked up this game several months ago and dropped to 600 elo trying to duo with a buddy. I started blaming everyone else for my lack of progression. Then I realized I had to stop having the poor me attitude and tried to learn something from every game I played. I practiced a lot, and i mean a lot, with a handful of champions and played them until I was good enough to carry myself out.

I went from 600 elo to 1800 elo in the matter of 6-7 months.

STOP RAGING AND PLAY TO GET BETTER

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysguy View Post
they need to fix this asap. my elo suffers so much when i solo que and get people feeding on my team. my elo shouldn't have to suffer from other people being bad. im stuck in elo hell because i get terrible people on my team. put me in the right elo for christ sake and fix the matchmaking!
Your attitude is your problem. Not your teammates.

Kevin Malone

01-27-2013

Heir heir. Some of us not so carry-able players have just given up because even though we manage not to feed our teamates cant do differently

Thelohel

01-27-2013

People dont seem to understand how much their attitude can affect the game. I just played 2 games with a friend of mine, both were losses that could have been wins. In both games we had an early lead then poor attitudes and an unwillingness to work together lost the game.

The first game saw our adc flipping out at the team due to a botched engage. We failed to defuse the situation and through frustration played poorly.

The second loss had our jungle (doing well) flipping on our mid (not doing so well) which lead to childish behavior on both sides. The jungle then started engaging too early, the mid avoiding fights as to not risk further ridicule for his deaths and we failed yet again.

Now you might wonder how this could have been prevented? The fact is that you cant always prevent players from going toxic but sometimes a well timed gank or an extra ward can really turn a players game around. Had we supported the mid better than there would never have been a tiff and we would have won.

In the end, elo lost can be regained, the game goes on.