Deathcap ruins AP builds.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evangelia

01-24-2013

Lemme clarify,

This is not about countering deathcap, I want APCs to be able to be powerful progressively, not simply snowballing after one item. I want them to have options that dont lose out. They would be great with items that are more essential to team fights, this also allows supports to be more powerful as well.

Right now, once you get a deathcap, you snowball like crazy. But wouldnt it be great if you could simply get other items and scale accordingly? I have no problem fighting against people with deathcaps, but again, all these arguements about getting mpen or whatever are not valid. Im looking for LoL to be more versatile, not just one item that can easily take up one slot of any other item to make you more powerful. Consistant progression vs snowballing.

Snipawolfe

01-24-2013

The Deathcap is the Infinity Edge of AP champions. It is meant to increase the damage output of all of their abilities, much like an Infinity Edge, by mere virtue of its passive, augments the damage of ADCs/Autoattackers.

If you ALWAYS need IE in your build as ADC, then why wouldn't you need Deathcap in your build as an AP carry? Makes sense to me that the item providing the most raw damage to AP champions would be something they'd always want.

TealNinje

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
The Deathcap is the Infinity Edge of AP champions. It is meant to increase the damage output of all of their abilities, much like an Infinity Edge, by mere virtue of its passive, augments the damage of ADCs/Autoattackers.

If you ALWAYS need IE in your build as ADC, then why wouldn't you need Deathcap in your build as an AP carry? Makes sense to me that the item providing the most raw damage to AP champions would be something they'd always want.
You say that assuming they wouldn't also want Infinity Edge to be removed and replaced with something less "necessary."

TheFunEndsMEOW

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelia View Post
Simply put: Remove the deathcap.

Why? It ruins creativity in builds.

Every single AP build has to make a deathcap, and its infuriating. I love what you guys have done with AD items, heck, even bloodthirster isnt essential for every single build nowadays. But the deathcap has just wrecked item options for AP carries. And thats not the LoL that I know. LoL has so much innovation, its not just one kind of build all the way. True, you do have tons of variation on AP builds, but having the Deathcap in the game, is almost always the quintessential item in the game.

Heres my suggestion, increase every item in the game to have 25% more ap, remove the deathcap, make new items in place of it. I like how LoL is heading toward the way of character builds can have other stats other than the one they focus on. So hence, remove deathcap, please.

I Always get deathcap last, and its very powerful when you can already 2 shot nuke people without it.

Aim Wizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelia View Post
Simply put: Remove the deathcap.

Why? It ruins creativity in builds.

Every single AP build has to make a deathcap, and its infuriating. I love what you guys have done with AD items, heck, even bloodthirster isnt essential for every single build nowadays. But the deathcap has just wrecked item options for AP carries. And thats not the LoL that I know. LoL has so much innovation, its not just one kind of build all the way. True, you do have tons of variation on AP builds, but having the Deathcap in the game, is almost always the quintessential item in the game.

Heres my suggestion, increase every item in the game to have 25% more ap, remove the deathcap, make new items in place of it. I like how LoL is heading toward the way of character builds can have other stats other than the one they focus on. So hence, remove deathcap, please.

I disagree. I don't build DC on Elise or Syndra.

Nephilaeus

01-24-2013

Syndra, Swain, Cass, three champs who benefit way more from Liandry's and Rylais than Deathcap. After giving health burn item for casters, deathcap is more viable for the burst mages like Veigar, who wont benefit from the effect of Liandry's.

Dark Kuno

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOOOOAST View Post
No, they wont make every ap item have 25% more ap, because, deathcap is good if and when your stacking dmg, AP. But, imagine if DFG or zhonya gave 125 ap.... Ppl would rush it even more.deathcap isnt an item to rush, its an item to increase your ap, so you got a stronger late game with ap carry

It would also serve as a direct buff to hybrid champs who build items with AP but not deathcap

Do you really want Jax, Akali, Kayle, Ezreal (who builds IBG) or Ryze to have a flat 25% more AP.

That will also be a flat 25% more AP to supports and other AP non-carries who build items with Kage's as a component.

Deathcap is fine.

3mptylord

01-24-2013

Actually, since season 3, I think I've had more games with no Rabadon's than games with Rabadon's. I thought Riot actually did a very good job on AP variety...

Pobbes

01-24-2013

I disagree deathcap isn't a must have anymore. I find that DFG or Zhonya's can be a better investment for alot of champions. In fact, I know some Reds have been considering buffing Deathcap because in most cases Void Staff is better than deathcap. It depends alot on base damage versus ratios.

The Lord Impaler

01-24-2013

Perhaps the issue is more that Cap is a PURE AP item, it gives nothing else and is thus boring. If we had an item that gave 100 Attack damage and nothing else that would be kind of boring even if it were not unbalanced. Perhaps what we want is DeathCap that's more complex say like an UnholyGrail which has a whole slew of buffs and Uniques on it. Part of the problem is Deathcap has a really simple and boring recipe for such a high cost item.