Client/Adobe Air doesn't support Retina Displays

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NickPresta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Hey,

I'm glad there exists a client for OSX. However, Adobe Air does not support Retina Displays and as such, the client looks poor.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done, as this is an Adobe Air problem, but is there any chance we will see a native client for OSX and potentially Windows (as this will be a problem for Windows in the future)?

Thanks!

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

01-24-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Do you have the Retina scaling enabled? What option do you have selected. My testing with the Air Client on Retina came back fairly positive in terms of quality. However, the Air Client currently doesn't use the ultra-high resolution assets so you won't get the full "crispness" the display enables.

Pyrolistical

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBrentmeister View Post
Do you have the Retina scaling enabled? What option do you have selected. My testing with the Air Client on Retina came back fairly positive in terms of quality. However, the Air Client currently doesn't use the ultra-high resolution assets so you won't get the full "crispness" the display enables.
The quality is pretty horrible. Its also in combination that such small text is used in the Air client.

bontakun

04-15-2013

I'd really like the game UI to handle scaling differently such that we can run the game at Retina resolution and get the increased density without the super tiny UI components.