I don't understand why I got a permanent ban

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFourthComming

01-23-2013

After a rough week of studying for my high school exams and finishing off my culminating tasks, I check my email and find this message: Due to the severity of this violation, your League of Legends account has been banned until Sun Sep 27 14:54:33 PDT 2499. Now, I haven't played a single game for a week, and I haven't received a warning email, message or anything regarding the ban. I have emailed them, but I'm just wondering what you guys think about the situation. Is it fair for them to not grant me access to my account without saying anything or giving me some kind of warning? I've never been banned before, or even given a warning in the past year. I'm not the best player, but I find it unfair for the account to be taken a way like that without any justified response as to why. Like I know the tribunal usually doesn't give out permanent bans and a rioter looks over the case, but to leave me hanging like this isn't what I expected from such a big company. The least they could do is give me a sentence or two on why I've been banned. I feel as if they just took all those years of time and money I spent just because they wanted to. What do you guys think?

Jaysama

01-23-2013

Shouldn't cuss people out in video games :'(

Tasix

01-23-2013

Where is the link to your reform card from the email? That should show you everything.

Or do they not provide one with a perma ban.

TheFourthComming

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasix View Post
Where is the link to your reform card from the email? That should show you everything.

Or do they not provide one with a perma ban.
This is all I got... no reform card, no sentence explaining the ban. I haven no clue why I got banned If I haven't received any warnings in years. I've never been temporarily banned or threatened to be banned.

Actions that have been performed on your account are in violation of the League of Legends Terms of Use. You can review these terms at http://www.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse

Due to the severity of this violation, your League of Legends account has been banned until Sun Sep 27 14:54:33 PDT 2499

If you have any questions, contact our Player Support team at https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

Riot Games Player Support

BillyTheAttorney

01-23-2013

That's probably not a Tribunal ban. The year signifies the type of ban. Also they mention if it's a Tribunal ban.

Did you "buy" some discounted RP?

Did you make a transaction with a money account and maybe bounced/overdrew the account?

Did you recently let someone else use your account?

Did you try to hack the game?

RQ Kiwi

01-24-2013

As Billy said, not a tribunal ban, tribunal bans end in 2286 (I think?).

With that being said, no one on the forums can offer you any advice, as these permabans are not discussed by Riot on the forums and as such, no player has any information about what the ban is about.

You'll have to contact support for more information.

TheFourthComming

01-24-2013

/thread

gnfnrf

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFourthComming View Post
/thread
Did you figure out what happened, then?

If so, would you consider sharing? It might help the forum regulars be able to give information to the next person in your situation.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

01-24-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is a serious disciplinary action, and you were not banned for Tribunal related reasons. I suggest you contact Riot Player Support for more information.

YueienGato

01-24-2013

Wow, interesting. Now I know what 499 means.

1234511 ... 13