League of Legends on Mac In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteppingStool

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheartz18 View Post
I have a question about this. When I try to login via iLoL, I can log in fine.

However, when I try to login via this new method, it keeps telling me that I've entered the wrong username/password. What's the issue?

I have this exact issue. :\

Yakaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

01-23-2013
77 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheartz18 View Post
I have a question about this. When I try to login via iLoL, I can log in fine.

However, when I try to login via this new method, it keeps telling me that I've entered the wrong username/password. What's the issue?
Do you have a PBE account?

ayusuf1

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppingStool View Post
U need to create a PBE account. Dont worry its going to b level 30

Yakaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

01-23-2013
78 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppingStool View Post
See above.

Skorrne

01-23-2013

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to Riot for developing this. You guys are the best!

ayusuf1

01-23-2013

go to this link if u want a pbe account:
https://pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index

ScalesOfJustice

01-23-2013

This would be a totally awesome move Riot. Any eta on this project being complete???

Pie Kills

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayusuf1 View Post
go to this link if u want a pbe account:
https://pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index
This

Mista Jangles

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayusuf1 View Post
first of all mac users already had a mac client but now i feel better that actually Riot actually acknowledged the request from mac users.

Guys are u serious i think the mac community doesn't have half the ******bags that the PC community has. I dont hate on PC users; i think PC's are better gaming systems because they have more flexibility but we use macs because we like Mac's overall os better than windows. I personally think windows 8 was a complete fail. But i think that just because u use a mac u are a hipster is a really bad resolution.

Edit: also it annoys me how Riot doesnt say anything about it but i guess it isnt their fault because who would want to even touch this mess.
Its not a better OS. It is maybe on par with Windows 7. Maybe. There isn't much special about it other than the $1000 Apple logo. Hackers have started making viruses for Macs more than Windows operating systems because of the significant increase in Apple users. OSX is a much easier OS to crack than Windows or Linux, as shown at HackerCon the last few years in Vegas. On top of that, the only way to get the OS is to buy a mac computer, which already eliminates any chance you have of customization. If you try to modify your Macbook or iMac, then congratulations! You just bought yourself a lawsuit from one of the biggest lawsuit-happy companies in the world. Just ask Samsung how they feel about Apple.

Yakaru

Senior Software Engineer

01-23-2013
79 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalesOfJustice View Post
This would be a totally awesome move Riot. Any eta on this project being complete???
You mean the client moving to the general release? It shouldn't be long, we're opening it up in the PBE to check for issues with regard to specific setups and such but we've had internal people running on Mac inside Riot for a while now making sure things are stable and responsive.