League of Legends on Mac In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mista Jangles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I don't doubt that games can be made for Mac. That isn't an issue at all. The issue is making Macs for games. A $2000 MacBook Pro or iMac will not be able to compete with a $800-$1000 custom PC due to inability to upgrade. I'm sure that Macs can be good for the time being, but in the long run a PC is better for it.

But on a side note, I'm glad that you guys are making it readily available for those who are interested, but can't because they are bound to using a Mac.

Yakaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

01-23-2013
73 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomine View Post
Mac gamers? There are no Mac gamers.
Mac has lots of great games.
Zork.
Breakout.
Super Breakout.
League of Legends.

Seriously though, I love my Mac and this will make not being at home way easier for me since I don't have to bring 2 laptops.

ElDynamite

01-23-2013

Testing it out and it's really awesome ^^ Can't wait for it to go for the main servers!

Kelberry

01-23-2013

FreeBSD client please, should be pretty easy to port over since Mac is based on BSD right?

Noxe Out

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Evil Viz posts.

Yakaru says:

(•_•)
( •_•)⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

I'm too cool to respond to Evil Viz.

Viz

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013
74 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelberry View Post
FreeBSD client please!
That's basically what we just made.

Punkdafunk

01-23-2013

There are plenty of mac gamers. How do we go about getting a PBE account now that the formal sign up is down? You guys sway they're "secretly" still open but that doesn't help any of us actually trying to help test. I played the original mac client back in the day and had to partition my hard drive to keep playing after it was taken down. Am I stuck still having half my harddrive taken away until you all open the client up to everyone?

Viz

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013
75 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkdafunk View Post
There are plenty of mac gamers. How do we go about getting a PBE account now that the formal sign up is down? You guys sway they're "secretly" still open but that doesn't help any of us actually trying to help test. I played the original mac client back in the day and had to partition my hard drive to keep playing after it was taken down. Am I stuck still having half my harddrive taken away until you all open the client up to everyone?
Follow the link in the thread to signup. Disregard the CLOSED status.

Kelberry

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viz View Post
That's basically what we just made.
But wouldn't there be issues with running it under X, along with probably a lot of graphical non-portability things.

Agiku

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viz View Post
Ubuntu 17.04 Ziggs (and) Zed
Wait what? there's a client already for Ubuntu? lol. I have Ubuntu installed on my main desktop and laptop, I had to make a windows partition just to play League D:

I found a guide on the forums on how to install League on Ubuntu but it was REALLY buggy and almost never works (including shops, etc). Would love a fully functional client.