Another Lux military skin...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glitter Gem

01-23-2013

Do remember we are also getting Steel Legion Garen. The skins are most likely going to be part of a series.

xxJerryBerry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrakka View Post
I wish Lux had a skin that actually made her look like a girl. If they are going to rehash commando, why not rehash sorceress as well. The only problem with that is its very dated. Riot wont update it, that would require too much work and means all old skins have to be updated. If they are just going to keep running the same idea, why not multiple sorceress skins to play up the idea she is a mage. At least a mage skin looks like a girl. Its pretty hard to mess that up. Stel Legion is like Aether Wing Kayle. They try hard to satisfy ppl who like manly girls. I have nothing against manly girls. But there is a time and a place. If lux didnt have commando, I'd be gungho for this skin. But she does have commando :/ Riot tried making her manly. How about making lux girly? Comeon, it'd be a lot funner. And I like aesthetically pleaseing things. Nothing is aesthetically pleasing about bulky armor. Nothing. I dont even like men in it. Thats why I dont play Garen, Darius, Jarvan, etc. If you want to make Lux manly, you can do it just as well without armor.
Oh come on, it's just armour. Do women really look too manly when they aren't half naked or wearing skin tight uniforms? And Kayle always wears full armour, not much of a change. Just continuing the futuristic theme. Spellthief is an awesome skin though if Sorceress doesn't fit your taste. She's not in armour there

Riot will probably release a rainbow, girly skin soon. I'm hoping for a psycho maniac one myself.

Sorrakka

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrend View Post
To be fair, steel legion is more a futuristic take on the champion opposed to a military skin.
To be fair, its a futuristic military skin. How much sci fi do you watch where ppl walk around in heavy armor and are not a part of some kind of military or para military? There is no future where ppl get advanced armor suits of some kind just for the fun of it. It means there is war. Its what bulky armor always means. Just because its not the same kind of military as Commando, and Imperial, which I agree show different aspects of military, it is all still military. The fact that they do a triple military release in a row for a girl's skin selection is gross. That hvnt even done it yet for any of their male champions. Gross for anybody who likes beauty. Do I need every girl to be a *** object? No, thats even grosser. Does this girl need to be repeatedly masculine? No :/

Animato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

a little OT but...

i'm still a bit cheesed off over the Diana skin changes...at least they refunded me a refund token

Truly Outrageous

01-23-2013

One, Lux was a covert operative/spy, not a grunt. Two, she left the military entirely because it didn't suit her. Please for the love of god stop parroting lore that you clearly haven't even read.

Sorrakka

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJerryBerry View Post
Oh come on, it's just armour. Do women really look too manly when they aren't half naked or wearing skin tight uniforms? And Kayle always wears full armour, not much of a change. Just continuing the futuristic theme. Spellthief is an awesome skin though if Sorceress doesn't fit your taste. She's not in armour there

Riot will probably release a rainbow, girly skin soon. I'm hoping for a psycho maniac one myself.
You dont have to be half naked or wearing skin tight uniforms to look girly. She could just be wearing clothes that girls wear in this fantasy universe they've created. Its not hard. And I already own Spellthief and Sorceress. And they are both still ancient, yet I feel like they look 5 times better than anything they've ever released for her. And yes, It would be super easy to make a rainbow based skin for her. It makes so much sense its hard to believe it has yet to happen. And knowing Riot, it probly nvr would.

SlumlordThanatos

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaltovei View Post
I love how all these people complaining about the Lux skin and saying it doesn't follow the Lore don't actually know her personality or Lore.
I want you to run an experiment.

Get a random friend of yours, and get them to play a bot match with Lux, without any context. When they finish, ask them what kind of character she is.

I would bet you money that your friend wouldn't guess she had a military background unless he/she was prompted.

chumbler

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrakka View Post
You dont have to be half naked or wearing skin tight uniforms to look girly. She could just be wearing clothes that girls wear in this fantasy universe they've created. Its not hard. And I already own Spellthief and Sorceress. And they are both still ancient, yet I feel like they look 5 times better than anything they've ever released for her. And yes, It would be super easy to make a rainbow based skin for her. It makes so much sense its hard to believe it has yet to happen. And knowing Riot, it probly nvr would.
Sorry they're not making ~My Perfect Waifu~ Lux for you.

vvvv There is nothing wrong with the art except for the knees on the armor not really being something that could work.

cocacolalips

01-23-2013

I still can't believe how bad they ruined the Art.

Wild.

Sorrakka

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Sorry they're not making ~My Perfect Waifu~ Lux for you.
Thank you. That is definitely what I said. Wanting a girl to look like a girl means I'm some kind of sexist freak now. I guess you get really offended every time you ever see a girl wear a dress or blouse. God forbid their shirt and pants are form fitting at all. It must really disgust you every time you realize we still live in a world of ideal beauty and gender roles. I hope the next Miss Fortune skin shows her weighing 250 pounds with an oversized T-shirt and sweat pants, so nice men like you can tell ppl she looks beautiful no matter what.