Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ammostorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I know no numbers or facts but i played her for quite a while straight and my biggest complaint with Sejuani is she just got blown up too fast for going in. She feels like a character that you can pick fights with and go in, You want to charge in! But unlike malph and amumu, she gets owned.

Ogaflow

01-23-2013

I actually started playing her about a month ago and have been playing any game I can with her. Here are some things I noticed about her that bother me.

1.) Her Northern Winds, I really feel like this skill just doesn't fit her. It gives her an AoE damage aura that I feel is first the weakest of all of the characters and second it feels sort of forced onto her. Like a well she will be a jungler so we NEED to come up with something to make sure the rest of her kit which doesn't really scream jungler to me can work in the jungle. Plus the way it scales is a bit problematic for me. Scaling off Max HP seems really weak at first and then over the top if really far ahead in items.

2.) Frost, her very unnoticeable passive that outside of triggering her E is flat out useless. Her base speed is so slow that after attacking champions I noticed that they are still able to walk away from me and I can't even reapply half the time. Her passive does nothing else on it's own and has zero intertaction with any of the rest of her skills or anything her allies are doing. Lastly I can't even tell particle wise who my passive is on.

3.) I think everyone else has posted enough about Arctic Assault and how clunky it can be at times.

Other then these three issues I really like her as a champion. Her ult feels great to use and has serious power behind it. You know a good Sejuani by how often and many targets she can hit each ultimate. Her E also is really nice, if you land a Q, R or auto attack you get a great slow and AoE nuke.

The things I think need changing and how I would do it.

I would completely redo her passive. Perhaps an armor/mr buff that increases based on the number of champions under a chill slow effect. Including allies and items that cause chill. This would mean her E would have to be redone, but that is fine. Just change it's trigger to the same condition as her passive. That might be a bit strong, so to compensate for that just make it change the value of the current chill slow to her value and add damage, no extra duration. So if you pop E during a 1 second slow then you boosted the effects of a 1 second slow. It even adds more depth to using her E outside of just "Oh look! My E can hit someone, use it before I can't again!" feel that it has now.

I would add a bit of depth to her q as well. Perhaps give it a wind up ala Vi and Janna. Have the boar charge up the travel distance of Q but have sejuani be immobile during the charge so she can short burst if she wants or charge up and go a long distance. You could even add a drag mechanic to it so she literally plows them over and drags them along. It could apply a light duration slow that increases with charge time so it could still interact with her other skills and passive.

Northern Winds.... This skill I really think would just need a very mild slow attached, like the slow value of her old passive. Just keep the duration really short so if you wanted to use your E during it you wouldn't just wreck their entire team.

Lastly her ultimate. Don't change a thing! I love using this skill. I think it is one of the best and most rewarding skill shots in the game. It has the right balance of power and risk.

I hope this can be of some help to Sejuani. I really fell in love with this champion recently, she is pretty fun to play. I realize she would need number tweeks to work out. But that outside of my department, I have faith that Riot could make any or all of these changes work out numbers wise.

OH, before I forget, give this lady some clothing. She must be freezing riding a boar through the tundra in a battle bikini...... <.<

chumbler

01-23-2013

It's good to see Riot finally admitting that a 10% slow is so weak they could remove it and nobody would even notice.

llDeathCowll

01-23-2013

The only problem with sejuani is the CC immunity makes certain champions immune to the bulk of sejuani's damage. Thats the only thing that needs to be fixed for my beloved pig. In the absence of Olaf and Morgana(and to a lesser extent eve) she is very strong.

RxGinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I play Sejuani a LOT and think she is in a pretty strong state, If not a little over powered. I would consider her a farming jungler Up until 6 where her ganks are dependent. With Help at wolves and Blue you can hit level 4 around 3:30 which is pretty solid. She Loves blue buff second time around though to keep ahead of the curve, So pick her with a manna-less Mid Champ. The thing about Sejuani is shes very team/support oriented that if your team is very unorganized, Fights are going to be **** and you should have just picked someone who does tons of damage. Her damage in team fights and ability to stick with squishies or Turn a team oriented fight around is great. I personally like her kit how it is. If you want to make her stronger early game give her passive a damage over time effect to everyone who has it , or just creep that have it. Make her jungle less dependent on manna / make up for "lack of damage" .

Idk. I think shes fine. Has obvious strengths and weaknesses and is fun to play. Probably in the top 50% for reliable characters, maybe even 30%. Fix her clunkyness and make her slow effect more obvious and then STOP THERE. then see how she is.

MTaur

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
I've also got some concerns about this. At the moment Sejuani's in quite a strong spot late game because health stacking's generally the best defensive option and fights are lasting a bit longer, giving her more time to take advantage of her strong, sustained AOE damage. Should that change however, and I'm expecting we will see a shift towards mitigation being a solid, appropriate option again at some point, her effectiveness will take a bit of a hit. To some degree that's fine, champions should have strengths/weakness that relate to the state of the game at any point in time, there's certainly some risk though with specific niches that champions may only feel decent/effective when a bunch of other factors align which can be a problem.
Hmmm. If the game-wide resists/health shift has gone too far, then since that favors Sejuani, then I agree that it might be appropriate to change the overall game and leave Sejuani alone. Sejuani was less moderately less strong in the "health suxorz" balance of S2, for sure.

Thessalonike

01-23-2013

@Meddler,

Funny, I started watching Temptation of Wife (Filipino remake) and it seems like Sejuani is headed down the same road as Angeline Santos, that is she is going to look like Sejuani (Angeline) but she is going to act more like someone else (Chantal Gonzales). Does Sejuani really need to become more main stream?

Sure the Eve remake was fine and Sejuani did need some adjustment but a rework of her kit? Its not like "stealth is broken"

Just fix the mark so that her abilities work off of it.. call it *frost bite* (anything) and have it apply frost to slow. That would be a great start... even open up her auto attacks to AoE like Chumbler suggested or buff or scale her frost to that magic 20%. Why change so much stuff?

Thessalonike

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammocatcher View Post
I know no numbers or facts but i played her for quite a while straight and my biggest complaint with Sejuani is she just got blown up too fast for going in. She feels like a character that you can pick fights with and go in, You want to charge in! But unlike malph and amumu, she gets owned.
Hmm, how do you initiate a team fight that gets you blown up so fast?

enfabled mage

01-23-2013

shes amazing late game but her low defense early game hurts her hard. also the aoe jungle nerfs hit her pretty hard

Vishnu

01-23-2013

@Meddler As a person who has experience maining Sejuani in the jungle, I believe she is very strong, if you play and build her right. I believe she is in a good spot, and I win almost every game I jungle her in.

Meddler plz don't meddle in Sejuani's strenghts.