Can you guys stream as mac users?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ms Hyuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

I can but i would get like 13-20 fps in game when i stream. When i don't i get 50+ if you guys stream with no lag with good quality can you guys help me?

Ediwir

Wrenchman

01-18-2013

quality is generally reduced while streaming, especially under heavy stress. streaming a capture from an adaptation of a different system... it's possible, and might have good results if you're talking about a decent iMac, but performance is hardly great on most models.
for streaming quality, we generally advice to run natively (for example, out website tournament stream was running on Bootcamp).

MoonLiteNite

01-23-2013

MAC can stream as well as windows, the only program i know to use is FME. Which is what i would suggest you stream with windows anyways

And as far as streaming quality and FPS drops, same issues go with windows machines.
You need to use the "preset" settings to be faster in order to use less CPU, but your bandwidth will need to be higher.
Doing other things like capturing less frames, sending more frames, and outputing a smaller resolution all help your game keep its FPS higher.

Viz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonLiteNite View Post
MAC can stream as well as windows, the only program i know to use is FME. Which is what i would suggest you stream with windows anyways

And as far as streaming quality and FPS drops, same issues go with windows machines.
You need to use the "preset" settings to be faster in order to use less CPU, but your bandwidth will need to be higher.
Doing other things like capturing less frames, sending more frames, and outputing a smaller resolution all help your game keep its FPS higher.
What software are you using for streaming?

Jake Johnson 4

06-26-2013

I know this is sorta reviving a dead horse, but there are not a lot of answers on this.

Programs used in order to stream on OSX
(all three needed)
CamTwist - (to capture video)
Soundflower - (To convert system sounds into an output usable by FMLE)
Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE) - (Combines video from Camtwist and sound from soundflower and encodes it for streaming. Also used to set final broadcast resolutions.)
Edit: Also need
LineIn - (if you want to record live commentary, skype or other chat sessions live)

As for FPS and all of that, it sounds like you are using too much CPU with your streaming method when combined with your game's CPU usage. Try and adjust your streaming settings and make sure that if you are using a method like mine, that you are only having one application handle the resolution settings. (things like Camtwist should use your native resolution as it's throughput, as FMLE is MUCH more efficient CPU wise with encoding/resizing )

Hope this info helps future summoners.

Edit: Here is a link to a guide on how to do this.
http://www.mikechambers.com/blog/201...g-on-mac-os-x/

RatB33

07-09-2013

I have it setup with using just one program - ScreenFLow...

They have a free demo available (google it) that puts up a watermark or limits functionality. I bought it for these reasons:

- Easy to setup
- VERY low CPU usage compared to the camtwist/adobe/soundflowere option (hate all things adobe except Lightroom)
- Able to capture input from built in mic, headset, etc.

The price is kinda crappy at $99 (especially since we are all used to free or a couple bucks on the app stores) but you can find coupons often on slickdeals...

Hope it help and good luck.

EDIT: Who luvs yah?

Here is the link: http://www.telestream.net/screenflow/

EDIT 2: The one thing I dont understand is how to setup/install the overlays... or why they are needed...