Superflash every 16 seconds, Why is that not OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-23-2013

can thresh teleport with this active............................................ .......................

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
can thresh teleport with this active............................................ .......................
Lantern breaks after a certain distance so you couldn't drag someone all the way across the map. Hopefully it'll be bugged out so you can though lolz.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidesOfLogan View Post
Lantern breaks after a certain distance so you couldn't drag someone all the way across the map. Hopefully it'll be bugged out so you can though lolz.
click on it just as he ports... HOLY ****!!! then shen hops on

KitStylus

01-23-2013

omg im no expert so i shouldn't comment, but Tresh looks like hes going to be OP in so many ways!
The distance he can cover/bring an ally, the CC, the pull etc etc. so much utility and CC

Ive seen how many people complain about a simple dash, or Elise Rapel wich is not that long and
only works on herself, i cant imagine the QQstorm that Tresh is going to bring

nightmarex98

01-23-2013

not op not even Iive

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Powerful, but not OP. The thing is, it's not a free flash to anywhere. It's a free flash to Thresh. The tanky support. Who will often be in the middle of things unless this is quite early. Sure it's going to be awesome at saving that one (Note, only one) champion who's out of position if Thresh himself is in a good position to save them.

Luninareph

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoRabiit View Post
Guys, Im asking for someone to Explain to me why They think it is NOT overpowered, I feel that the ability is Crazy powerful and pulling a Amumu from Dragon into a tribush gank is totally nuts.

I thinks its overpowered, And i put up a few reasons, I would like to hear the other side of the argument. Not pointless banter of "Dont talk about it untill he hits live"
How are we supposed to give you evidence on how it is not OP when--as stated--it hasn't hit live yet? We don't know any better than you do. Cool your jets.

Gypsy Hyena

01-23-2013

You know exactly where the enemy is going, and you have plenty of time to react. It's not like flash at all, which has no real counterplay because in that case, one moment a champion is somewhere and the next they could be anywhere within an area with no way of predicting it. If distance were all that mattered, Summoner Ghost would be way better than Summoner Flash.

F1rstRodeo

01-23-2013

*Sorry for long reply; I like these discussions, Feel free to skip post*

At first glance it looks OP I agree, and asking about it is a perfectly fair question. However as previously stated it will require A: 2 player coordination, and B: Thresh to be out of the action to use it as an escape ability. So far as bringing an initiator into a fight, I agree it is opening vast opportunity for gank and surprise attack potential. However I'm getting the impression that using Thresh to his full potential will be extremely difficult, and if zoned properly in early laning, not only might he be hurting for gold, and unable to buy items fast enough, but he will be under armoured/MR'd since he won't gain Arm/MR per level. If this happens, focus him before fights to eliminate his role. That and he is (From the look of it) all utility, no damage. So, as with any champion, get to know them so you can understand what to watch out for against them in game. From what I've seen, his lantern might be very easy to anticipate. If it gets tossed out where you can't see, back off. If he tosses it into a team fight, instead of focusing the target (depending on situation) immediately make course for Thresh, zone the pull and make it illogical for his ally to use the lantern. However, if he isn't there, neither is his CC, and if he gets an ally out, maybe you miss out on 1 almost-kill, but there will be a number of seconds after the pull where you may very well be fighting a 5v3 fight. So if Thresh makes a pull, hammer on the pressure and shutdown his chance to re-engage the fight. These are just my thoughts. To sum it up though it looks like Thresh's kit as a whole will primarily Punish the Greedy and Encourage enemy to be united and uniform in their engagements, if you can avoid impulsive actions and solo missions, I'm sure Thresh will find himself on the same level as everyone else... Or just get banned in every draft game =P

Some Comparisons that came to mind:

Although Lantern's distance is greater, it doesn't do any damage, and requires two people so I don't see it more OP than:

Ezreal: Arcane Shift
Kha'Zix: (Evolved) Leap
Jarvan: Dragon Strike-> Demacian Standard Combo

Which are all one person, on demand wall passing re-positioning tools enabling escapes, and ganks with a lot less warning or fore-sight than Thresh's Lantern.

Other mechanics to consider in live, to see how they act with lantern too are:

Nautilus/ Amumu pulls: If the target grips lantern as a pull is engaged on them, will Nautilus or Amumu, also travel towards Thresh?

Vi: Assault and battery: After she's locked on, I've seen her still track to, and execute ultimate on target even after her targets location is drastically shifted. So perhaps she'll be able to invite herself along for the ride.. and something about bringing an enemy Vi into the middle of your team seems.. a bit.. Counterproductive

Anyways thanks for reading!
Just my thoughts on it all,
but man am I stoked to give Thresh a whirl!

PerfidiousAlbion

01-23-2013

It's weaker than flash because it's conditionally dependent on the positioning of two champions in order to work. Flash works all the time and can be taken on any champion. It's stronger than Flash because it's specialized.

What do you think is stronger? Exhaust or any number of the hard CC that are available in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoRabiit View Post
Well, You can dodge Blitz' skill shot, You cant stop the enemy from Right Clicking the Lantern
I'm pretty sure if you CC the target, outside of slow/silence, you can indeed stop the enemy from being pulled.