Why doesn't Riot implement "safe to leave"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonnington

01-22-2013

I don't see afkers or dcers often enough for this to be an issue.

I'd prefer if 3 people voting surrender would surrender the game. 3 is the majority of 5. When the enemy has 20 kills, and we have 3. When we've taken 0 turrets and the enemy has taken 4. Time and time again I see 2 idiots saying no at the 20 ff vote. Get fed, we can still win. Now that's frustrating.

Fabulous Gem Man

01-22-2013

Ok, some people are mistaken. IF someone Leaves/afks for 5 minutes or manually abandons the game, then the game is marked safe to leave and no one else is penalized for leaving. The winning team still gets their win (if they push the ancient or all of the other team leaves) and the other team will still lose, its just a lot faster than waiting for them to push.

its to end unbalanced games faster, the losing players still lose match making points.

BRIKHOUS

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodunkTheMighty View Post
I'm losing, I'm mad, so I leave and the other team doesn't get any ELO for their rightful win,

Sounds like a problem to me.
L2read. Seriously. If you leave after 10 mins in, it still counts. They're talking mostly about making it safe to leave for when you have a dc at the beginning. After that, if you're 4v5 and won't surrender, you can still leave without being branded a leaver, but you still count as losing.

Lex Domino

01-22-2013

I liked this idea up until the point where you decided to give the team who still has 5 a free win that the opposing team had no chance of winning.

If the person never connected and the game was marked safe to leave then no one on either team should receive anything for staying. No harm, no foul.

Hingedmosquito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIKHOUS View Post
But LoL already has taken many features from DotA 2. You know how you have to accept your game within a timer? That's from DotA2. You remember spectate? Dota2. You know Fiora ult? Thats from DotA. You know Malz ult? From DotA. Ashe ult? Dota. Mumu ult? The same. Karthus ult? Soraka ult? Both from DotA. Lulu's ability to turn you into a critter? DotA. (Admittedly this one's from WC in general). The list goes on. and on. and on.

One thing LoL should also take from DotA2 is the ability to save any replay. Also, in DotA2, you can scan back through literally every game you've played (don't know if there's a cap at a certain amount, but I've played over a hundred and can see stats from them all, as well as other players and their stats).
You do realize that they didn't take those things from DOTA one because they are the ones who thought of them in the first place therefore just kept them and put them into the new game design...

PapillonMyu

01-23-2013

bump.

Bakabridget

01-23-2013

I consider LoL to be one of the absolute most stressful games I've played (behind World of warcraft and its stupid ass RNG) and safe to leave would effectively remove a decent portion of the stress.

ReadInPeace

01-23-2013

Yes, it's a good feature. Too bad I got a lot of flack for posting it on EUNE. LoL fanboys can be really ignorant.

PapillonMyu

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakabridget View Post
I consider LoL to be one of the absolute most stressful games I've played (behind World of warcraft and its stupid ass RNG) and safe to leave would effectively remove a decent portion of the stress.
Yep, i guess no1 likes to be stuck for 20mins on a lost game.