Steel Legion Shyvana

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baron Bodacious

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstylus View Post
...is this a legit request?
pLEASE IRON STYLUS PLEASE!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-22-2013
2 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestya View Post
Please don't make any more mech skins for awhile, I'm sure I'm not alone in my boredom of mech based skins. We know you guys are capable of other things than mech (just like you were capable of things outside of fire). We don't inherently HATE these things, it's just tiresome to get DROVES of the same thing. Please space things out better x.x
Actually, so here's my thoughts. This is actually not about sci-fi/mech/robot skins. This is, like you note, actually about cadence.

One thing we shouldn't do is because we may have a glut now, is to stop internally ideating on a cool idea, robotic or not. That's how we get into these sort of ruts. We say, "OH! COOL IDEA! LET'S MAKE A LOT!" Then.. when we found out maybe we have saturation, we say.. "OH SNAP! TOO MUCH! BETTER STOP MAKING THEM!" Then.. inexorably.. another theme comes along and we wear that a little thin, then over correct again.

So, the solution is actually to keep making anything cool we want to make. If there's a champion that would look awesome in a sci-fi treatment then we should make that happen. Maybe we backlog it, maybe we put it on slow burn, but we should make it. However, the key is to make a whole lot of other things in tandem and stagger them. Then we don't have fire, fire, fire, frost, frost, frost, robot, robot, robot, silly, silly silly. We need something resembling fire, silly, frost, robot, etc. That ultimately is about planning and cadence. That's where my concern and efforts lie. Helping with cadence, not limiting our menu of ideas.

BiggerFish

01-22-2013

Steel
Legion
Teemo

Creator

01-22-2013

Personally I would love an armored Army shyvana.

SpderMan

01-22-2013

how about fiora and vayne as well? if its gonna be a demacian thing. they don't have commando skins and don't really scream demacia if someone doesnt know their lore (ive ran into a few people who think vayne is from noxus)

Dralas

01-22-2013

A Steel Legion Demacian theme would actually be really cool. I'm already hyped up about the Garen skin, awaiting the potential Steel Legion Jarvan skin one day if it's considered =D

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Actually, so here's my thoughts. This is actually not about sci-fi/mech/robot skins. This is, like you note, actually about cadence.

One thing we shouldn't do is because we may have a glut now, is to stop internally ideating on a cool idea, robotic or not. That's how we get into these sort of ruts. We say, "OH! COOL IDEA! LET'S MAKE A LOT!" Then.. when we found out maybe we have saturation, we say.. "OH SNAP! TOO MUCH! BETTER STOP MAKING THEM!" Then.. inexorably.. another theme comes along and we wear that a little thin, then over correct again.

So, the solution is actually to keep making anything cool we want to make. If there's a champion that would look awesome in a sci-fi treatment then we should make that happen. Maybe we backlog it, maybe we put it on slow burn, but we should make it. However, the key is to make a whole lot of other things in tandem and stagger them. Then we don't have fire, fire, fire, frost, frost, frost, robot, robot, robot, silly, silly silly. We need something resembling fire, silly, frost, robot, etc. That ultimately is about planning and cadence. That's where my concern and efforts lie. Helping with cadence, not limiting our menu of ideas.
Oh by no means do I want them stopped all together. Having some more flavour within the meantime of a mech release would do WONDERS for making things feel far more awesome. And I mean, not creating something because you're told "we have too many" is also a waste of a potentially good idea, and if it's a good idea it SHOULD be done, right?

I concur with you in pretty much every aspect. Just as long as we don't get another random set of ideas of the same thing for 2-3 months.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-22-2013
3 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestya View Post
Oh by no means do I want them stopped all together. Having some more flavour within the meantime of a mech release would do WONDERS for making things feel far more awesome. And I mean, not creating something because you're told "we have too many" is also a waste of a potentially good idea, and if it's a good idea it SHOULD be done, right?

I concur with you in pretty much every aspect. Just as long as we don't get another random set of ideas of the same thing for 2-3 months.
Agreed!

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post

Kinda like releasing 3-4 assassins in a row?

2012 Never Forget

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-22-2013
4 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryceman View Post
Kinda like releasing 3-4 assassins in a row?

2012 Never Forget
Dudepocalypse, Babesplosion, etc.