How to decrease dodging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adnif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

If they would embed ARAM into a "classic type" game mode it would decrease dodging dramatically..
Until they get the "wait XXX minutes" before playing another game, people will not stop dodging...
It is a custom game, there isn't much that can change this until riot is ready, which should have been done months ago due to how popular and great ARAM is...
Proving Grounds alone I should specify, needs to be put in like SR, TT, and CS...

Demonic Instinct

01-18-2013

How to decrease dodging:

Step 1: Remove "QUIT" button from champion select.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: PROFIT!

Seriously, just take away that button. Make them close the client to dodge and then have to spend time to relaunch the game and log in again. Will it get rid of it? No. There will be less of it.

Golf Chang

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic Instinct View Post
How to decrease dodging:

Step 1: Remove "QUIT" button from champion select.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: PROFIT!

Seriously, just take away that button. Make them close the client to dodge and then have to spend time to relaunch the game and log in again. Will it get rid of it? No. There will be less of it.
That could work, but really I know some people that don't even know about the quit button it's hilarious the first time they do it I'm like, why didn't you just press it, I might consider that.

InfiniteZr0

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaver Penalty 3 View Post
Only things I can think of which are very harsh are:
- Only be able to see your teams champions
- Dodge timer
- Remove champions with no viability in ARAM
- Lose IP per dodge (Iliketurtle)
- Force players to exit out of client in order to dodge (Demonic Instinct) Might just make it aggravating for dodgers
That and include matchmaking instead of having to do custom game

Golf Chang

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteZr0 View Post
That and include matchmaking instead of having to do custom game
Well that's already being thought of.

Kalarepa

01-20-2013

I would just give them some mark (visible for everyone) for the next 15 minutes, after they dodged a custom game. Host could decide, will he keep those people or kick them.

I Care So Much

01-21-2013

I agree with a mark of shame of some sort.

Maybe like a 'Number of dodges' marked under ELO rating/Wins.
or just a simple red border or something that disappears after 10 mins.

Golf Chang

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
I would just give them some mark (visible for everyone) for the next 15 minutes, after they dodged a custom game. Host could decide, will he keep those people or kick them.
That is a great idea, wonder how hard that may be to implement.

The Goregrinder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

I really think that a 10minute marker for dodgers is a great idea, and would add a 24hr mark for leavers. This way you are not banning them from actually playing but is a strong enough punishment for them to feel that they messed up by leaving.

Golf Chang

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goregrinder View Post
I really think that a 10minute marker for dodgers is a great idea, and would add a 24hr mark for leavers. This way you are not banning them from actually playing but is a strong enough punishment for them to feel that they messed up by leaving.
You do realize that's like a ban..