Darius 'nerfs' are not enough

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aringhe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminBeer View Post
He Is not squishy I don't know where you got that from
He's a melee solo top with no ranged poke. He's squishy in my eyes, especially considering he needs some form of damage to do something at all late game.

If he's not fed, he's going to be melted when the teamfight starts by building damage. If he's building HP, simple CC from the support to keep him off the Carriers and he might as well not even exist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminBeer View Post
He Is not squishy I don't know where you got that from
he's not squishy nor is he particularly tanky.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saliakoutas

Junior Member

01-22-2013

everyone QQs about darius.fix zed first then QQ about darius.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombiemaster

Senior Member

01-22-2013

I don't think that Darius should be nerfed, especially at this moment where HP (the only counter to his ultimate) is the most effective defense to buy right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliakoutas View Post
everyone QQs about darius.fix zed first then QQ about darius.
Theres nothing wrong with zed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TasogareReiken

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Leblanc has such a huge problem late game that she has to carry or its over. It is a poor balance but a balance nonetheless. This is different from Karthus. Leblanc is a poor champion because she can't fight late game unless she is the only one with a full gear set. Exactly the same problem Shaco has.

Karthus has troubles all around. He is notably unspectacular, not really good against any particular opponent. He has to get a lot of gold fast for his ult yet doesn't have the kit to do it against most champs.

Akali has always been incredibly powerful and LoL has never shown much incentive to change that. You can only hope to outsmart her from the beginning because one death is probably the end for you if none of your allies get fed. This is another problem.

All of this has nothing to do with Darius.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiemaster View Post
I don't think that Darius should be nerfed, especially at this moment where HP (the only counter to his ultimate) is the most effective defense to buy right now.
hes probably getting buffed actually, in the same sense that katarina got buffed. They will redistribute his damage and make him into less of a bad job. He will however be losing his attack speed slow and compensated for it but most people didnt even know he had one lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aringhe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasogareReiken View Post
Leblanc has such a huge problem late game that she has to carry or its over. It is a poor balance but a balance nonetheless. This is different from Karthus. Leblanc is a poor champion because she can't fight late game unless she is the only one with a full gear set.
Irrelevent. She destroys their mid, taking him completely out of the fight. That's enough of a use for LeBlanc in my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasogareReiken View Post
Karthus has troubles all around. He is notably unspectacular, not really good against any particular opponent. He has to get a lot of gold fast for his ult yet doesn't have the kit to do it against most champs.
He's notably unspectacular because people QQed about his ult killing them so they nerfed it to the ground to 'balance' him, because, as I said before, no one bothered to pick a counter to him and assumed no one champion beats another, like you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasogareReiken View Post
Akali has always been incredibly powerful and LoL has never shown much incentive to change that. You can only hope to outsmart her from the beginning because one death is probably the end for you if none of your allies get fed. This is another problem.
Again, if you pick a champion who has nothing in their kit to deal with another champion, you're going to lose. That's just how it works. Try Kassadin against Pantheon. Watch the synergy there as Pantheon manhandles you. Is this an obvious balance problem? No, you just got counterpicked and, by default, outplayed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasogareReiken View Post
All of this has nothing to do with Darius.
We're talking about balancing champions. You say Darius is overpowered. I say he's easy to counter and is extremely weak late game if he's not fed. That's how this has everything to do with Darius.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VitaminBeer

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
he's not squishy nor is he particularly tanky.

Which is why it should not be listed as a drawback to Darius

Squishy = LeBlanc not Darius


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TasogareReiken

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aringhe View Post
Again, if you pick a champion who has nothing in their kit to deal with another champion, you're going to lose. That's just how it works. Try Kassadin against Pantheon. Watch the synergy there as Pantheon manhandles you. Is this an obvious balance problem? No, you just got counterpicked and, by default, outplayed.

We're talking about balancing champions. You say Darius is overpowered. I say he's easy to counter and is extremely weak late game if he's not fed. That's how this has everything to do with Darius.
Yes, it is a balance problem. Because a blind pick mode exists to begin with. Counters should never so hard that the fight is decided by what champion is there without any concern for skill. For a champion like Karthus, you have to be very, very good and knowledgeable of your opponent or your opponent has to be mediocre for you to win.

And I never argued that Darius was overpowered. He is because he is just plain better than Garen in any situation where you had to choose between the two. But in the 'grand scheme' he isn't that bad, he can be beaten.

There should never be a champion which will win if its not 'countered'. If the game were so counter heavy, the match would be decided by the picking process and the fight would be pointless. Fortunately for the most part this isn't the case.

These things are important when considering balance or you will never get balance.

If you took the game Rock Paper Scissors and added Bomb which beats Rock or Paper but not Scissors it is imbalanced. Just because there is a 'counter' doesn't mean its not unbalanced.