Pick Order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mokou Houraisan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

So where in the summoners code does it say pick order is the rules?

Hackdak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Where does it say call order is the rule?

Pldl

01-22-2013

Quote:
Support Your Team

“[Teamwork] is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.”-Andrew Carnegie

While we all carry a diverse set of individual ambitions and expectations into a game of League of Legends, once we hit the Field we’re a part of a team. For better or worse, our fates are intertwined with that of our teammates. Once the game gets into full swing, you have to make a choice between being a positive force for your team, or contributing to your own demise.

Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

Once you get in game, try to keep an open line of communication. Warn your teammates if someone is missing from your lane, or if something is placing them in immediate danger. If they’re not paying attention to chat you can always try pinging the map. Just remember that one ping is enough! Also, remember that you have to be there to contribute, so don’t leave the game or go AFK! Encourage players who are having trouble, and congratulate those who are playing well. And most of all, if you’re having a bad game don’t take it out on your team!
It's in there.

And it was K

01-22-2013

It kinda mentions it. Riot has no official stance, which upsets me.

I still love your name.

Darkotas

01-22-2013

Neither side is in the code, but whoever picks first gets to pick what they want because they are first. You can say what you prefer or what you're best at, but if someone takes what you want it is better for the team's morale to not make a fuss about it.

Nocturnes

01-22-2013

It's the physical ability to actually pick a position and a champion for said position of choice against the word of mouth of someone unable to do the aforementioned. It's not hard to see which has more merit.

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

01-22-2013

There is no rule.

Point 1 tells you to be considerate of your team and advise you to pick what nobody wants to play to make everyone happy and yourself a better player.

People just attempt to interpret that as "fill or ban", even though it's nothing but:"Please do it if you get to it. Nevermind if you don't.". What's more, people attempt to derive a right to screw the whole point 1 of the summoner's code if they're first pick by interpreting it completely literally.

The only rule is: Don't be a jerk. And not filling doesn't automatically make you a jerk.

Sir Hughberto

01-22-2013

It would help if people said PLEASE when asking.

Mokou Houraisan

01-22-2013

If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself.

what this is saying is that you should work with your team. It doesn't support pick order at all.. im not saying call order is the way to go. I just wish people would you know actually work togeather to make a team comp instead of being stubborn about it. especially if someones not good at a role, yet they get forced into it anyway. This isn't so vbad in normal because, hey practice. In ranked you don't want this cause it reduces your chance of winning. People need to enter champ select with an open mind and not a set role in their heads, thats what the summoners code is saying.

Teams that work togeather to make sure everyones playing something they are decent at win more often, or so is my experience in the matter. When top lane says im going mid and refuses to work anything out ever. I find I always lose.

Mokou Houraisan

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Hughberto View Post
It would help if people said PLEASE when asking.
I could see this